Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
Laker's Future
Banned

Default Dumbest thread ever.

I was just thinking of the possibility of Shaq getting traded. And was wonder what if we were to make a trade for the return of Shaq.

I think because he got an extension that he might be eligible to be traded back to LA. I think I don't know all the rules. But just the thought. Brown 9 mil VRad and Cook. Would be enough to acquire him. And we wouldn't lose much in the trade.

The return of Shaq could redeem himself and even Kobe, and if we were to win another ring. Shaq would be known as one of the greatest of all time. Winning 3 in LA 1 in Miami and comeback to LA and win another one. Well at least in his mind.

This must be the most delusional thread of all times.

If the Mods of this forum feel like deleting this one. I wouldn't blame you. I just couldn't help it. It was stuck in the back of my mind.

And feel free to add to this Delusion if you want.

Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
sammdogg
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Dumbest thread ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
I was just thinking of the possibility of Shaq getting traded. And was wonder what if we were to make a trade for the return of Shaq.

I think because he got an extension that he might be eligible to be traded back to LA. I think I don't know all the rules. But just the thought. Brown 9 mil VRad and Cook. Would be enough to acquire him. And we wouldn't lose much in the trade.

The return of Shaq could redeem himself and even Kobe, and if we were to win another ring. Shaq would be known as one of the greatest of all time. Winning 3 in LA 1 in Miami and comeback to LA and win another one. Well at least in his mind.

This must be the most delusional thread of all times.

If the Mods of this forum feel like deleting this one. I wouldn't blame you. I just couldn't help it. It was stuck in the back of my mind.

And feel free to add to this Delusion if you want.

Shaq will never be a Laker again.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Shaq will never be a Laker again.

A I said dumbest thread ever. I was just playing with the idea. Still don't know if it's even possible by the rules.

If he were to get sick of all the negative stuff, and say If I were to do this I could be known as the best to ever play the game. Shaq to me is lazy and out of shape, but if he wanted to he could do what ever he wanted. With a good work ethic, he can come in and dominate if he wanted too. If he wanted.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #4
akts
Serious playground baller

You aint crazy.. I was laughing thinking the same thing about kupchak trying to do a trade to get shaq back.. I kno wit isnt very realistic.. but hey any thing these days can happen.. would be funny as all hell.. but..
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
You aint crazy.. I was laughing thinking the same thing about kupchak trying to do a trade to get shaq back.. I kno wit isnt very realistic.. but hey any thing these days can happen.. would be funny as all hell.. but..

Thank you I feel more human now, if that's a good thing. But I was thinking about it and in some sense it would make sense. O'Neal returning, Media would eat it up. People that b!tch about Kobe running Shaq out of time, would be what! And Shaq taking Bynum under his wing.

A line up of

Shaq
Odom
Walton
Kobe
? mistery point guard

One thing I hated about keeping Shaq was the crazy 30+ mil a year, but 20 mil.

Shaq could demand a trade back and if he wanted could come in shape. And prove a lot of people wrong. And if we were to win a Championship, he could do what no one else has ever done. It's a crazy idea but Hollywood man. People would be talking about this for years to come.

Shaq would be a legend. Crazy thought, but anything could happen!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

in all honestly,

Giving any of our young players, and a crappy guy to add one would do it.

I would do a Lamar + Kwame
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:09 AM   #7
Laker's Future
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
in all honestly,

Giving any of our young players, and a crappy guy to add one would do it.

I would do a Lamar + Kwame

It's a crazy idea of even thinking the return of Shaq, but I think by the rules Odom can't be traded to Miami till his contract is over, I think. I'm not sure unless he signed an extension or some thing.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker's Future
It's a crazy idea of even thinking the return of Shaq, but I think by the rules Odom can't be traded to Miami till his contract is over, I think. I'm not sure unless he signed an extension or some thing.

Nah,

Antoine Walker was traded from the celts to the mavs, and then back to the celts in his contract year.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: