Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Brandon Jennings thinks he is better then "overhyped" Ricky Rubio.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore FULL CLIP's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks he is better then "overhyped" Ricky Rubio.

well, tonight he sorta proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
    It was proven a while ago.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by FULL CLIP
    Tony Delk once had a 53 point game.

I'm not saying Jennings doesn't have a chance to become a fantastic Iverson-like scorer in the NBA, but already it's clear that he's not the point guard that Rubio is. Jennings has been launching bombs pretty much with his eyes closed and his conscience turned off lately, and they're all going in.

It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts. As is widely known, Jennings has a HUGE ego and so far Skiles has pretty much pumped more hot air into his head by letting the kid to what he wants on the court. Anyone who thinks that will continue all season is a fool.
    Last edited by ZOMG; 11-15-2009 at 09:31 AM.

I rule the local playground and1's Avatar

i hope his head stays with him..
    he needs to remain cool and let things come to him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

the article and story are old - back in june....

People are caring about who's better than who too much. Whatever happened to just a team winning? Which is what the Bucks are doing. They're 5-2. Congratulations to Brandon Jennings. He's averaging 25PPG 7 games into the NBA and had a 50+ point game. Congratulations Jennings, you've done everything!

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Tony Delk once had a 53 point game.
    What's your problem? I have a hard time believing that you've seen Jennings play even one NBA game if you just typed that. As the second youngest player in the NBA (currently), his very first pro game resulted in 17/9/9. I was at that game, and he definitely had a few more passes that could have resulted in another assist. He was so close to being the second player ever to record a triple double in his first game. That's something special dude.

In his second NBA game, he willed the Bucks to a win over the Pistons. He simply took over for a quarter when the team needed it, and dropped shot after shot, and got the crowd on their feet. Ended up with 24 points. Scored 25 points the next night in Chicago against Derrick Rose, who last year was supposed to be a top-5 PG already.

Jennings got his first test against a solid defender when he played Chauncey Billups, and instead of backing down he had his best game of the season - 32 points and 9 assists. 58% shooting. He lit Billups up!

And then last night, put up 55/5/5 on 62% shooting - that's a game that would have been a top-10 career game for Kobe Bryant or Dywane Wade. Forget Iverson.

Jennings is currently the 17th rated player in the league statistically according to the fantasy league I'm in. You don't get that from one single hot game. He's been doing it consistently. And you know Tony Delk never did anything like that a month after his 20th birthday.

I'm not saying Jennings doesn't have a chance to become a fantastic Iverson-like scorer in the NBA, but already it's clear that he's not the point guard that Rubio is.
    No it isn't clear. When you're out on the floor with four guys who can't shoot, and you take responsibility for the scoring yourself, it does not mean that you are selfish or don't understand the game or whatever. Every single coach alive would want Jennings taking the shots that he's been taking, because he is by far the best scorer on the team.

Jennings has been launching bombs pretty much with his eyes closed and his conscience turned off lately, and they're all going in.
    Fail. He's shooting 50% on the season, leading a team that everybody thought would be atrocious to a great record. Give him some fricking respect. And if in the all-star game this season he fails to pass the rock to Lebron and Bosh, then you can say he isn't a real like your man Rubio who isn't in the NBA at all.

The way Jennings and his Bucks have been playing, he's allowed to say anything he wants

He couldnt have made this statement prior to his NBA career though, Rubio was doing much better in Spain than Jennings was in Italy and Rubio was looking like the better prospect. I don't think many people expected Jennings to be this good coming in and I don't think that Rubio could perform at this level so early into his NBA career.

Decent playground baller

do you know that rubio and jennings are two completely DIFFERENT type of players?

It's like comparing iverson with kidd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Nagato
    do you know that rubio and jennings are two completely DIFFERENT type of players?

It's like comparing iverson with kidd.
    Yes, but who's better/ranked higher? Your post just got flipped.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I thought Jennings would be a bust but he's proven that to be false. That being said, I'm not wild about how many shots he puts up but he's no bum that's for sure. I think that Skiles will keep him under control and be able to teach him a few things. I don't care that he scored 55 pts in a game that's meaningless to me. As far as he and Rubio are concerned they are two totally different players. Rubio is unproven until he plays here regardless of what Jennings says. In addition, their games are not similar at all so it's not worth comparing them.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I don't care that he scored 55 pts in a game that's meaningless to me.
    Then your priorities are out of whack. He willed his team to a victory when they were getting spanked by a red-hot offensive team. That's about the most meaningful thing an NBA player can do.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    The way Jennings and his Bucks have been playing, he's allowed to say anything he wants

He couldnt have made this statement prior to his NBA career though, Rubio was doing much better in Spain than Jennings was in Italy and Rubio was looking like the better prospect. I don't think many people expected Jennings to be this good coming in and I don't think that Rubio could perform at this level so early into his NBA career.
    he DID make this statement before his NBA career though. The OP thought it was an appropriate time to start trolling which is the whole point of this topic

Isn't this way old?