Default Open Letter to D Rose

Let's forget the last 2 years you didn't play.
    Please don't think that I am not aware of your desire to help your team to the best of your ability, that you are really trying to attack more, lead your team, play defense and be really be aggresive.
    But there is ONE think I ask when you have the ball,when you have that urge to fire from 25 feet, and ask your heart and mind,
    is this shot the BEST shot that my team can get for this important possession?

For the year, you have been shooting 5.4 attempts and missing 69% of them.
    Yes, your limb must be feeling some pain, or that hard foul from the opposing center would really hurt once you attack more. But remember, you have Pau as your teammate, he can initiate that inside out play, or Butler can score too, heck even that Brooks can hit those shots. Noah and Taj can get that jumphook once they pin thier man inside. Believe it of not, Snell is a good shooter too.
    Incase you are wondering how many shots are your colleagues are taking from the 3pt line.
    Tony Parker- 1.3 shots.
    Russel Westbrook, 3.3
    John Wall, 2.5,
    CP3, IS TAKING 4.5 but he is making 40% of them.
    Jeff Van Gundy said it best when he is calling the Cavs game yesterday.
    ONe attribute if the team is locked in and focussed in winning it all is when a player passes up a good shot for a GREAT SHOT!.

Default Re: Open Letter to D Rose

You forgot to include a reminder to Thibs to keep Hinrich benched more.

If you added that to this letter, it would be perfect.

DRose has actually been shooting much better from 3 in the month of January.

When he says he must continue to shoot because he knows it's a shot he's capable of hitting because he's put the work in I understand where he's coming from because he needs to keep the defense and especially his defender honest.

We all know he's most dangerous when he's taking it to the rim, but if he hits a few outside shots and has defenders running at him to close out on his jumpshot then it makes his driving that much more dangerous.

When his defender is going under screens and when he gets the ball kicked back out to him when his defender doubles down he needs to be able to hit those. When it's examples such as these and he's in rhythm he actually hits them at a pretty respectable percentage.

The three point attempts that I really have an issue with are the ones where he comes down in transition and just launces one a few seconds into the shot clock without running any type of play or even having his teammates ready in rebounding position.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    DRose has actually been shooting much better from 3 in the month of January.

When he says he must continue to shoot because he knows it's a shot he's capable of hitting because he's put the work in I understand where he's coming from because he needs to keep the defense and especially his defender honest.

We all know he's most dangerous when he's taking it to the rim, but if he hits a few outside shots and has defenders running at him to close out on his jumpshot then it makes his driving that much more dangerous.

When his defender is going under screens and when he gets the ball kicked back out to him when his defender doubles down he needs to be able to hit those. When it's examples such as these and he's in rhythm he actually hits them at a pretty respectable percentage.

The three point attempts that I really have an issue with are the ones where he comes down in transition and just launces one a few seconds into the shot clock without running any type of play or even having his teammates ready in rebounding position.
    Rose is hitting 34% for January, I don't think that is considered good by league standards but yes, better as compared to 23% in December
    Im sorry I don't buy the idea that Rose has to take a shot from 25 feet to keep the defense honest etc.
    There are legit reasons why Tony Parker, Rondo etc have managed to be DANGEROUS and VERY EFFECTIVE without having to take the low % shot.
    Andre Miller has managed to play good for 17 plus years without having to take that shot.
    Again my proverbial question is, do you really think Rose taking that shot which he misses 70% of the time, the best attempt for the team when
    Pau and Butler are having the best offensive year and Brooks shooting 46% from 3pt area, Gibson shooting 50% FG?
    btw I made a little research, Rose is taking 21.5% of his total shots when he dribble between 3-6 times and 18.1% of his shots are taken when he dribbles 7 times or more.
    That is something that can really affect the team's offensive flow when the ball stops with him and them playing lackluster defense might have something to do with it.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Rose looks like Kobe out there once in a while and not in a good way. He's shooting the ball way too much when it's not going in.

He needs to start attacking the basket. He's settling too much on that jump shot and 3 point shots and it would be fine if they were going in. But they're not.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I was planning on a similar style letter to Rose. Well done.

Dude was 9/22 last night and 2/9 three ball. Lets say he goes 1/3 from deep and then he shot 8/16 - 50% and maybe better if a few of those shots could have turned into drives. With Butler and Gasol, Rose does not need to be shooting 20-28 shots a game. 15-18 should be his sweet spot. Until he realizes that 70% should be drives the Bulls are done this year.

I thought 3 weeks ago when he had that awesome 5 game stretch he was back. Instead he is back into knee preserve mode and the Bulls cannot beat the Hawks or Cavs with his current style of play.

So frustrating right now.