Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #1
KelticForce1349
Local High School Star
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,175
Default If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster right now, who would you put on the team? You can fill any position from the last guy on the bench to any spot in the starting five. The salary cap is not an issue, unless you want it to be part of your scheming.

I am curious to see what Bulls fans feel is most needed to win a championship. I suspect there are many people that would say "why not just put Lebron at SF? Championship!" Although I understand that thinking, I don't want to win with that guy. I want to beat him.

For me personally, Noah is the heart of the team and Jimmy Butler is the future talent of this team. I luv Rose, but the injuries have changed the order of importance in my mind.

I understand that Butler isn't Jordan, but he is the best SG since and for a long time to come. When I see Noah I sometimes view him as the spirit of Rodman reincarnated. Mirotic is Kukoc 2.0 in my eyes. The Bulls have never had a bigman as talented as Gasol in the 20 years I have watched them.

I can think of many tempting ideas, but if the chance to wave a magic wand and better this team was handed to me, I would choose to add Kawhi Leonard to this team.

There are certainly more dynamic scorers in the league, there are guys like Harden that can score and dish to teammates too. To me this team has been all about defense in Thibs years of coaching. It has often been an edge-of-your-seat excitement and a near heart attack too. Still....I can't think of a better player than Leonard that would fit in as well and embrace the tough defense that Thibs preaches day in and day out.

I see Kawhi as big enough, strong enough, and athletic enough stifle Lebron. Kawhi would be a fantastic help defender in the paint or switching to the SG spot.

Who do you like for our Bulls?
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of sunshine
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Giannis Antetokounmpo
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #3
KelticForce1349
Local High School Star
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Giannis Antetokounmpo


I am not that familiar with him yet. I know he is on the Bucks...I assume he is a very tough defender?

Last edited by KelticForce1349 : 04-06-2015 at 11:43 PM.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Giannis Antetokounmpo
This. Sky is the limit with the guy. Him and Jimmy on the wings would be absolutely nastyyyyy.

honorable mentions to: Eric Bledsoe, and DeMarcus Cousins.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
I am not that familiar with him yet. I know he is on thee Bucks...I assume he is a very tough defender?
Solid defender right now, but he's a bit of a utility small forward. He's a fair passer, rebounder, and scorer.

Plus he's got this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDxaQyb598 from the three point line with no dribbles to the basket without traveling.

Once he gets that down pat (and he uses it every couple games sometimes multiple times) he'll have probably the best move in the league.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
KelticForce1349
Local High School Star
 
KelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Solid defender right now, but he's a bit of a utility small forward. He's a fair passer, rebounder, and scorer.

Plus he's got this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPDxaQyb598 from the three point line with no dribbles to the basket without traveling.

Once he gets that down pat (and he uses it every couple games sometimes multiple times) he'll have probably the best move in the league.


Nice! I have to start paying attention to this guy. I would love to see a really tough defender paired up with Jimmy. This guys length and athleticism would seem to really slow other teams offense down.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #7
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,848
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster right now, who would you put on the team? You can fill any position from the last guy on the bench to any spot in the starting five. The salary cap is not an issue, unless you want it to be part of your scheming.

I am curious to see what Bulls fans feel is most needed to win a championship. I suspect there are many people that would say "why not just put Lebron at SF? Championship!" Although I understand that thinking, I don't want to win with that guy. I want to beat him.

For me personally, Noah is the heart of the team and Jimmy Butler is the future talent of this team. I luv Rose, but the injuries have changed the order of importance in my mind.

I understand that Butler isn't Jordan, but he is the best SG since and for a long time to come. When I see Noah I sometimes view him as the spirit of Rodman reincarnated. Mirotic is Kukoc 2.0 in my eyes. The Bulls have never had a bigman as talented as Gasol in the 20 years I have watched them.

I can think of many tempting ideas, but if the chance to wave a magic wand and better this team was handed to me, I would choose to add Kawhi Leonard to this team.

There are certainly more dynamic scorers in the league, there are guys like Harden that can score and dish to teammates too. To me this team has been all about defense in Thibs years of coaching. It has often been an edge-of-your-seat excitement and a near heart attack too. Still....I can't think of a better player than Leonard that would fit in as well and embrace the tough defense that Thibs preaches day in and day out.

I see Kawhi as big enough, strong enough, and athletic enough stifle Lebron. Kawhi would be a fantastic help defender in the paint or switching to the SG spot.

Who do you like for our Bulls?

Any player?
Anthony Davis.
A realistic player in the offseason? Jose Calderon.
This guy is not flashy but effective. Doesn't make a ton of stupid mistakes but spaces the floor great with his accurate shooting.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #8
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,591
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Anthony Davis
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #9
magictricked
Made that high school varsity squad
 
magictricked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 691
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Anthony Davis is a great choice for this Bulls squad
magictricked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:21 AM   #10
Ronnie
Saw a basketball once
 
Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 27
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
This. Sky is the limit with the guy. Him and Jimmy on the wings would be absolutely nastyyyyy.

honorable mentions to: Eric Bledsoe, and DeMarcus Cousins.

Cousins is not preferable according to Me , Bledsoe is good enough . How about Klay Thompson ???
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 AM   #11
Ronnie
Saw a basketball once
 
Ronnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 27
Default Re: If you could add any current NBA player to this Bulls roster.....

Good one there buddy , but Niko is doing a great job for us right now , and given we got Pau for yet another 4 - 5 years (let's be realistic here) , we don't need another PF here anytime soon !!
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy