Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 02:44 AM   #1
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Anytime your ready bulls.


It's only the playoffs and your opponent is creeping back into dangerous territory.


Bucks are playing a very well thought plan, but we are not playing with the right energy out there.


We win games when we are showing energy and urgency. Passes are slow and off ball movement and cuts are not up our best.


We are letting bucks execute their gameplan while we continue to do the same mistakes. No adjustments and thibs is being out coached badly.

Thoughts?

Last edited by poido123 : 04-28-2015 at 02:46 AM.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #2
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,825
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Anytime your ready bulls.


It's only the playoffs and your opponent is creeping back into dangerous territory.


Bucks are playing a very well thought plan, but we are not playing with the right energy out there.


We win games when we are showing energy and urgency. Passes are slow and off ball movement and cuts are not up our best.


We are letting bucks execute their gameplan while we continue to do the same mistakes. No adjustments and thibs is being out coached badly.

Thoughts?

Your points are all valid, esp Thibs' lack of effective sets.
I watched how the Clippers beat the Spurs. Tons of high picks to help out CP3 and Rivers by the bigs, Not the case for Mirotic, Taj and Pau. Very predictable isolations, standing around etc but you didn't bother to mention our court general who has a career 3pt% of less than 30%, settling for SEVEN shots from beyond 24 feet.
ZERO points out of that, 6 turnovers while getting 2 assists and oh btw, got torched by MCW who is playing his very first playoff series.
I don't know what is the fascination on Snell who loves to reach in and yield FTs. Lay an egg for 24 minutes. while Dunleavy who is supposedly our best perimeter shooter and decent defender rots in the bench.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

It's not Thibs sets that are bad, it's Thibs lack of offensive adjustments.

With Rose on the court in the first three games, the offense was the most effective in the playoffs. Not the Warriors, Not the Clippers, not the Spurs, but the Bulls.

After that Kidd adjusted, they decided to crash harder on the passing lanes, and the team hasn't adjusted. Bucks can hard double Pau fast enough to make sure he can't do shit inside. By the time the ball finds the open man, the buck that doubled is already back. They don't have an answer for Jimmy, but Thibs doesn't have plays for him in the 4th quarter.

They got shackles on Rose now, and he can't even drive unless it's in transition basically. Unless he's having one of his magical 4-6 from 3 point range, they can just sag off and he'll just jack those 3s instead of stepping in and taking them (which he did in the first 2 games, and for 2 shots last night in the 4th both of which were makes)

Brooks is having a solid series, but basically none of the other role players are. Noah's finishing this year is just horrible, and that's continued in the playoffs.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
It's not Thibs sets that are bad, it's Thibs lack of offensive adjustments.

With Rose on the court in the first three games, the offense was the most effective in the playoffs. Not the Warriors, Not the Clippers, not the Spurs, but the Bulls.

After that Kidd adjusted, they decided to crash harder on the passing lanes, and the team hasn't adjusted. Bucks can hard double Pau fast enough to make sure he can't do shit inside. By the time the ball finds the open man, the buck that doubled is already back. They don't have an answer for Jimmy, but Thibs doesn't have plays for him in the 4th quarter.

They got shackles on Rose now, and he can't even drive unless it's in transition basically. Unless he's having one of his magical 4-6 from 3 point range, they can just sag off and he'll just jack those 3s instead of stepping in and taking them (which he did in the first 2 games, and for 2 shots last night in the 4th both of which were makes)

Brooks is having a solid series, but basically none of the other role players are. Noah's finishing this year is just horrible, and that's continued in the playoffs.


I strongly agree with that.


Like why not get the players, in particular Rose to come under the screen and force MCW to shoot a jump shot? Is that not basic coaching? How does a guy get a head coaching job if he can't even recognise simple adjustments?

Armchair warriors like myself sit here day in, day out seeing the most basic of mistakes replicated and Thibs continues to learn nothing.

Could he not instruct Noah to dunk the ball instead of a layup? This is embarrassing to be even mentioning this in professional basketball.


Now, don't get me wrong. The Bucks are reading everything that we do. They are onto thibs gameplan and they know what kind of plays he runs for his players. You can see it, Rose cannot drive to the hole unless its in transition like you said. Guys penetrating are getting the old Heat swarming defense treatment, and we are getting forced into too many jump shots.

I think another aspect that is really hurting us is the play of Noah. He isn't getting near enough offensive boards to keep the Bucks honest and his free-throw shooting has been abysmal. The defenders are getting right up in his grill the moment he gets the ball, so that he can't look for the cutters with the lack of space. He is also allowing the Bucks to hone in on the other 4 players, much like the Heat used to do to us.

The only way to combat this swarming style defense is to move the ball quickly inside and out. Problem is, Rose isn't willing to do that most of the time and the ball often gets locked in when the Bucks move up into our players moving space.


We have to hit the boards harder(particular effort to offensive boards) to disrupt and break down the solidarity in their defense. We also need to be using more Mirotic and less Noah. Noah will be more important in the next series, we need Mirotic's ability to put the ball on the floor and to stretch out the defense.


Anyways, that's my rant. I agree with you and Tamara's posts too
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Your points are all valid, esp Thibs' lack of effective sets.
I watched how the Clippers beat the Spurs. Tons of high picks to help out CP3 and Rivers by the bigs, Not the case for Mirotic, Taj and Pau. Very predictable isolations, standing around etc but you didn't bother to mention our court general who has a career 3pt% of less than 30%, settling for SEVEN shots from beyond 24 feet.
ZERO points out of that, 6 turnovers while getting 2 assists and oh btw, got torched by MCW who is playing his very first playoff series.
I don't know what is the fascination on Snell who loves to reach in and yield FTs. Lay an egg for 24 minutes. while Dunleavy who is supposedly our best perimeter shooter and decent defender rots in the bench.



Rose has been making so many bad decisions, the speed in his legs has looked off too. I'm wondering if the increased work load has affected his main strength speed/athelticism. Watching the last game, I struggled to see how Rose could hurt the Bucks outside of transition drives. They are defending the paint so well on Rose when they have the defense set.

what worries me, is that I'm finding it hard to see how we can hurt the Bucks outside of some timely transition baskets and hot outside shooting
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:21 AM   #6
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
I strongly agree with that.


Like why not get the players, in particular Rose to come under the screen and force MCW to shoot a jump shot? Is that not basic coaching? How does a guy get a head coaching job if he can't even recognise simple adjustments?

Armchair warriors like myself sit here day in, day out seeing the most basic of mistakes replicated and Thibs continues to learn nothing.

Could he not instruct Noah to dunk the ball instead of a layup? This is embarrassing to be even mentioning this in professional basketball.


Now, don't get me wrong. The Bucks are reading everything that we do. They are onto thibs gameplan and they know what kind of plays he runs for his players. You can see it, Rose cannot drive to the hole unless its in transition like you said. Guys penetrating are getting the old Heat swarming defense treatment, and we are getting forced into too many jump shots.

I think another aspect that is really hurting us is the play of Noah. He isn't getting near enough offensive boards to keep the Bucks honest and his free-throw shooting has been abysmal. The defenders are getting right up in his grill the moment he gets the ball, so that he can't look for the cutters with the lack of space. He is also allowing the Bucks to hone in on the other 4 players, much like the Heat used to do to us.

The only way to combat this swarming style defense is to move the ball quickly inside and out. Problem is, Rose isn't willing to do that most of the time and the ball often gets locked in when the Bucks move up into our players moving space.


We have to hit the boards harder(particular effort to offensive boards) to disrupt and break down the solidarity in their defense. We also need to be using more Mirotic and less Noah. Noah will be more important in the next series, we need Mirotic's ability to put the ball on the floor and to stretch out the defense.


Anyways, that's my rant. I agree with you and Tamara's posts too
I feel like all year I've complained about basically every big man on every team not dunking. It's insane, don't be flashy, don't try to have a touch. Just put it in dammit! Noah especially since his somewhat previously existent touch has just disappeared this year. Agreed on his rebounding but he showed flashes last game. I was actually pretty content with what he did. He had a lot of hustle, some good movement, some solid defense and boards. It wasn't enough particularly those botched lay ups but yeah.

In regards to the swinging it around, we really can't against the Bucks. They shoot the gaps so well, and even when they don't they recover in time to challenge shots and stuff. I actually think there needs to be more ISO, because they're getting too cute with the ball. Jimmy just needs to drive every goddamn time since he's drawing two guys consistently and pass to Pau if he can and if not too Rose who hopefully stops jacking shitty 3s and comes in for long 2s which he actually makes.

Agreed on Mirotic, he needs more time at the 4 too, less so at the 3. He's just not as valuable there particularly against the long athletic arms of the bucks defenders.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:26 AM   #7
tamaraw08
College star
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,825
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I feel like all year I've complained about basically every big man on every team not dunking. It's insane, don't be flashy, don't try to have a touch. Just put it in dammit! Noah especially since his somewhat previously existent touch has just disappeared this year. Agreed on his rebounding but he showed flashes last game. I was actually pretty content with what he did. He had a lot of hustle, some good movement, some solid defense and boards. It wasn't enough particularly those botched lay ups but yeah.

In regards to the swinging it around, we really can't against the Bucks. They shoot the gaps so well, and even when they don't they recover in time to challenge shots and stuff. I actually think there needs to be more ISO, because they're getting too cute with the ball. Jimmy just needs to drive every goddamn time since he's drawing two guys consistently and pass to Pau if he can and if not too Rose who hopefully stops jacking shitty 3s and comes in for long 2s which he actually makes.

Agreed on Mirotic, he needs more time at the 4 too, less so at the 3. He's just not as valuable there particularly against the long athletic arms of the bucks defenders.
I agree with most of what you said except the ones I bolded.
Yes, they got too cute with the ball but mostly its bec they are passing for the heck of it IMO. Bucks have been sagging down, clogging up the lanes, most of the time daring Rose to shoot from 24 feet etc, very little movement, minimal picks. I'm really confused on why Dunleavy is not playing enough minutes to stretch the floor. Atleast if he is not open, he moves without the ball. I see CP3, provides picks, heck even Stockton and Nash at their peak. Noah is our best passer and yet, I see Rose hogs the ball too long more often tries to force a shot bec at times, his teammates are just standing there.
Memphis just eliminated Portland without their court general and yet the Bulls are struggling to beat a team that has one of the worst records after the allstar break.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:48 AM   #8
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Appreciate the responses.



I feel this game 6 is our game 7. Losing 3 times in a row will further prove we have major problems doing anything right.


The effort needs to be there. Get the 50/50 balls, go for offensive boards and take the Bucks out of their comfort zone.


right now they are just watching us get frustrated on offense and feeding off our tendencies and mistakes.


if we can limit the turnovers, show some aggression and toughness and really want this game, I think we can get over the line.

if we don't show that intent this game, I'm afraid we will be in poll position for the first team to be knocked out of a playoffs 3-0 up.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #9
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Appreciate the responses.



I feel this game 6 is our game 7. Losing 3 times in a row will further prove we have major problems doing anything right.


The effort needs to be there. Get the 50/50 balls, go for offensive boards and take the Bucks out of their comfort zone.


right now they are just watching us get frustrated on offense and feeding off our tendencies and mistakes.


if we can limit the turnovers, show some aggression and toughness and really want this game, I think we can get over the line.

if we don't show that intent this game, I'm afraid we will be in poll position for the first team to be knocked out of a playoffs 3-0 up.
Yeah I feel tonight is do or die as well. But I think we need to see some of the defense from the last three years show up tonight. Bench Pau use Taj. Put Noah on the floor with Mirotic (who even if he's playing bad needs to play anyway since people are under the impression he shoots well from downtown)
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
Shade8780
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,969
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Hi Rose.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #11
Rose
good scorer
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Swimming with goldfish
Posts: 36,727
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Hi Shade.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

I will bump this urgency thread in emergencies


What a win
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #13
Jar Jar Binks
Everything about Jar Jar Binks is horrible
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Under da sea
Posts: 91
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Hi Shade. Hi Rose. Hi Poido.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #14
Shade8780
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,969
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Hi Jar Jar. How are you Rose?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:44 AM   #15
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,570
Default Re: URGENCY- where art thou urgency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Binks
Hi Shade. Hi Rose. Hi Poido.



Hi Jar Jar. Star wars all over again? Say it aint so
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy