Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3171787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1232
    Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

I got cut.

My soccer season ended this past saturday (lost in the state semi's) and we had basketball tryouts this monday, so i only had one day off to rest. So i show up at tryouts on monday and it turns out that the football players are sitting out. (they lost on friday). I just didnt think about them and played my ass off on monday. Then on tuesday the football players decided that they could play now so they participated. I once again played my ass off. I felt really good after tuesday when we were sitting in the weight room while the coaches talked about who they should keep and who they should cut. They gave us letters and i waited til i got home and opened mine and saw that i got cut. At first i was sad but i quickly became pissed off when i learned that this one kid made it and i got cut. This kid played football so he sat out the first day, and on the second day he wore running shoes cause he didnt have any basketball shoes. Also at the try out this kid sucked. He was absolutley terrible. he couldnt dribble, shoot, or play defense, and he had no clue what the hell he was doing in the scrimmage. The only thing he had on me was maybe five pounds. Im taller and better in every aspect than this kid and he made it and i got cut, cause our coach is biased and loves football players.

Yesterday and today like 6 kids on the basketball team said something bout how it was bullshit that i didnt make it and im still ****ing pissed because i know im way better than the other kid. I didnt even bother talking to the coach to see why i didnt make it cause i know exactly why and i dont wanna hear him bullshit some stupid ass excuse.

And it sucks even worse cause im a senior so i cant even come back and try next year. so now ill have to deal with telling people that i got cut twice in high school even though im 6'6"

Saw a basketball once

Lancerballer man, that's just plain brutal, I don't know what to even tell you about that....
    Well my season starts tomorow against last years division champs, and I'm the starting power forward!!! I'm really pumped but at the same time I'm insanely nervous... We'll see how it goes I guess, wish me luck!

we open tonight. we're starting off with a tournament. man, can't believe my senior year is here.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    we open tonight. we're starting off with a tournament. man, can't believe my senior year is here.
    Good luck man! What do you play?
    Anyway, we played our first game, and I did end up starting and playing huge minutes. We lost by 8 points, not bad for our first game and considering our superstar PG hurt his ankle and didnt play much of the game. I ended up with only 2 points, but i had 7 boards and.....6 ASSISTS! Not bad for a Pf :)

JV this year (sophomore), first game is Thursday against an extremely small school, but the Tuesday after that we play a school double or triple our size.

we must not have as many high school ballers this year. how is everyone's season going?

We are 3-3 right now on a two game winning streak. We have 4 of our players, including myself, are in the top 10 scorers in our conference. 3 of us are in the top 5. The problem is after us 4, no one else scores really. We are really starting to come together though.

3-0 so far. Won each game by 20+, not much competition. For points and rebounds I've had 10 and 6, 10 and 7, and 11 and 11. The bad thing is I've only played about 16 minutes a game due to foul trouble.

Saw a basketball once

14 year old Jamar Ergas throwing down dunks and winning the 2010 Flight Games dunk contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKxraWPQApU

Saw a basketball once

First off I would like to introduce myself; my name is Travis and I am the developer of an application that was released a couple weeks ago on iTunes for keeping basketball statistics called iTouchStats Basketball. You can find out more details and also view some videos at www.iTouchStats.com.
    Last edited by iTouchStats.com; 01-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Keep one-fourth of your sports-attention on Simeon (IL), guys, they're better than last year.

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

How do you approve of an account called "iTouchStats.com"?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    How do you approve of an account called "iTouchStats.com"?
    I just entered it as my username. I did not do anything special.

I will take down the post if this is a problem, but I am giving it away for free...
    Last edited by iTouchStats.com; 01-04-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Saw a basketball once

I just got done reading this book.
    As a player I love to collect and read these books and work on my game throughout the year.
    Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/Basketball-Dri...4240950&sr=8-1

I really liked this one and bought a copy for my coach. Hopefully earned some brownie points. Or he could think that I think he needs some help and it could hurt we'll see I guess.

Banned

Default Hi, few questions

I don't know C++ so can't help you specifically but it seems like you have a reasonable request - have a look on Google to see how others have solved it. If you find a solution would be great if you could post it here for future reference

Banned

Default Whats up, few questions

Hello!
    How to create a form with . pdf and . doc reader? like a library. . .
    I want to open the . pdf and . doc files on the form.
    I work on Visual Studio C++ (CLR).