Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: why the eff is kevin love and unibrow on the team????

Cause they need size? Durant and Melo are essentially playing the 4, and would be alternating at the 5 if it wasn't for Love and Unibrow.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    When it's CLEAR that Coach K doesn't like either of them? He should have made Jerry Colangelo coach this team if he insisted on adding those two bench warmers.
    Maybe because Melo set an olympic record 37 points including 10-of-12 from the arc?

Anthony Davis is perfect for this team. He doesn't have much of an offensive game yet, which is perfectly fine because on this team he'll only be scoring on put backs and alley oops. He runs great in transition, and plays tough interior defense.

He needs to get all of Love's minutes, Love adds nothing of value to the team. He picks up a lot of rebounds but still gets worked over by bigger guys, and is awful defensively.

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Why are we still all arguing over this? This guy ended the discussion right here.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Griffin would have helped a lot inside. He actually plays inside. But he hurt his knee. But there are other big guys that could have been better fits.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    It's a weird team. Still can't figure out why Carmelo Anthony is on it either. So many better choices out there.
    goddamn

I think is official that Davis has to change his name to unibrow and we all have the obligation to call him unibrow. At least until he gets rid of that damn thing. I still don't get why he doesn't get rid of it, is it like his lucky charm or something?

National High School Star

Easy. Lemarcus Aldridge.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Easy. Lemarcus Aldridge.
    Did you even read the word healthy? Aldridge had surgery in April and I'm pretty sure he couldn't play right now even if he wanted to >>>> http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/4/1...urgery-blazers.

"In his most recent MRI, and following further evaluation, it's been determined that LaMarcus has a slight labral tear and will require arthroscopic surgery," said Acting General Manager Chad Buchanan. "LaMarcus' priority is that he's 100-percent healthy going into training camp this fall and we all feel this is the best course. He's had an All-Star year and his long-term health is the most important thing to consider."

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

What I would love to know from Coach K himself is why he was such a fan of what Griffin was doing for Team USA... yet he can't stand Love it seems? Maybe the whole jumpshooting bigman aspect? I do know Griffin wouldn't complain about minutes the way Love did so maybe that's also a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    What I would love to know from Coach K himself is why he was such a fan of what Griffin was doing for Team USA... yet he can't stand Love it seems? Maybe the whole jumpshooting bigman aspect? I do know Griffin wouldn't complain about minutes the way Love did so maybe that's also a part of it.
    That's because coach K actually played him.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    That's because coach K actually played him.
    Fair enough. Do you think reason Griffin got favored over Love was his play style though? I mean people were arguing that Griffin didn't fit but when Coach K talked about Griffin he talked about leader, defensive stopper and dominant scorer in the paint. Not sure if Griffin was improving his D or what but Coach K seemed to see a big role for Blake.

Very good NBA starter

I believe Davis is a better fit... It feels like he's involved in every play... Whether screen n roll, rebounding, blocking shots. I would love to see Davis get 10-15 minutes early on with the starters just to see how he works with them

Decent college freshman

they are really lacking pick and pop big men which seems to be integral to international play, so I guess in theory that's why love's there. those abilities have not been utilized too much though.

this is why bosh would have been very useful. or lamarcus aldridge. kg too but he's ancient.

i wish amar'e were healthy enough (or good enough) to play for team usa. maybe it'd push him to work on his d. in theory, he could have been a pick and pop big even though his J was whack this season.

Keving Love sucks. Anthony Davis should get all his minutes. Overrated statpadder.

Anthony Davis is fast, more mobility, better d, and better inside game.