Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN pulls unflattering article about LeBron from website...

So basically, LeBron parties like Vincent Chase.

Lebron's parties sound pretty lame.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by john_d
    is this it?
    Jesus christ. LeBron is now officially the second sports player ever that I would laugh at if he got injured. The first was Floyd Mayweather (during a fight).

This guy is a huge douche with a massive ego. I can't wait for the flood of photoshopped "hah ha!" pictures of that fat bully kid from Simpsons pointing at the sad look on LeBron's face when the Heat get knocked out of the playoffs next year.

5rings
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It's such a shame that Lebron has all these bums hanging with him. He's like the modern day Mike Tyson.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

But in LA at a resteraunt in 2003, 3 time NBA champion and world known superstar Kobe Bryant, was asked by my cousins friend directly to come over and wish her happy birthday ... and he gladly oblidged without censoring people from coming his way or having to complete an application in order to converse with him.
    That girl was gonna get raped.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Jesus christ. LeBron is now officially the second sports player ever that I would laugh at if he got injured. The first was Floyd Mayweather (during a fight).

This guy is a huge douche with a massive ego. I can't wait for the flood of photoshopped "hah ha!" pictures of that fat bully kid from Simpsons pointing at the sad look on LeBron's face when the Heat get knocked out of the playoffs next year.
    That's kind of pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    The big thing that everyone's missing is this guy Arash Markazi is a part of ESPN LOS ANGELES, yes that's right, LOS ANGELES. He is a Laker n*trider and just as bad as most of them here on ISH. Only difference is he gets paid to spew his garbage. I can see why ESPN pulled the article. It's a bunch of trash and has nothing to do with basketball. Just another punk Laker moron.
    He is not as bad as Adande. Now that clown should be banned from writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Yup.

It wasn't even a bad article.

Just goes to show how big of a douche this guy is ... they kept it quite under wraps in Cleveland for the past 7 years.

This guy won't let people approach him at a club.

But in LA at a resteraunt in 2003, 3 time NBA champion and world known superstar Kobe Bryant, was asked by my cousins friend directly to come over and wish her happy birthday ... and he gladly oblidged without censoring people from coming his way or having to complete an application in order to converse with him.
    Isn't amazing how good Lefraud is making Kobe look

When Lefraud pulled "The Decision" show out of his Azz ESPN radio hammered him for like 3 days and then all of the sudden everyone flipped direction and started defending him and are still defending the Jerk. Obviously the "Suits" that run the station feel they need him to be their cash cow and Stern wants to save "The Face of the League" what a bunch of phonies.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 07-29-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lacasner
    That's kind of pathetic.
    Almost as pathetic as you being upset over how someone else feels.

NBA rookie of the year

Dude had a party. Big whoop.

Movie stars and singers and athletes do this kind of thing all the time. At least athletes earn their dime based on raw performance and not on their looks or marketing gimmicks, lol.

Young Shaq was far more indulgent in stuff like this.

most awesome part is wer lebron won a dance off with odom and then odom points his to his ring fingers bahahahaha.. owned

Banned

@ this topic

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godofgods
    He is not as bad as Adande. Now that clown should be banned from writing.
    and you should be ban for your outlandish statements. you make pb look normal.

People are missing the point. This article actually isn't that bad. It's just a description of what happened that night from the perspective of one of the ESPN writers. There's very little opinion in the piece outside of the comments about LeBron being childish. If you think the article is making him look like a douche, and really all this stuff happened, then likely it's just LeBron making himself look like a douche.

The issue is that it was pulled. If it really was pulled because LeBron's people asked it to be pulled, then that makes ESPN look really bad. But for all we know the article was pulled because the writer plagiarized part of it, or was discovered to have not attended the party. The insinuation is that LeBron's people pulled it, and that would be a poor reflection on LeBron and his people. ESPN's position was that it was pulled because it didn't pass through editorial checks and wasn't up to standards. Reading it, it's actually not all that bad, so something seems fishy here. Hence the controversy.

It's like the the whole dunk thing. People talking about how it's not a big deal for LeBron to get dunked on are being extremely short sighted and missing what the possible controversy is.

People complaining about the content of the piece need to really think about it. ESPN does these types of POV slice of life type articles all the time. When was the last time someone posted a first person account of a party with LeBron on Media Take Out that didn't sound like it was posted via text? Point to me a single TMZ article that comes even close to something like this. Be real, this is the exact type of stuff sports writers write about in big publications. Read a newspaper some time for cripes sakes.

Default The official reason ESPN pulled Markazi's Lebron article

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...emoved-story/1

ESPN.com editor in chief Rob King told CNBC.com'sDarren Rovell that:

"ESPN.com will not be posting the story in any form. We looked into the situation thoroughly and found that Arash did not properly identify himself as a reporter or clearly state his intentions to write a story. As a result, we are not comfortable with the content, even in an edited version, because of the manner in which the story was reported. We've been discussing the situation with Arash and he completely understands. To be clear, the decisions to pull the prematurely published story and then not to run it were made completely by ESPN editorial staff without influence from any outside party."

Said Markazi:

"I have been in conversations with ESPN.com's editors and, upon their complete review, understand their decision not to run the story. It is important to note that I stand by the accuracy of the story in its entirety, but should have been clearer in representing my intent to write about the events I observed."

Great spin by the ESPN spin machine.

Here's screenshot of the original article. Zoom in: http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content...Bron-Story.jpg
    Last edited by bagelred; 07-29-2010 at 04:39 PM.