Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Lakers will never send both Odom and Bynum, the futures of this team. They'll send Odom, Vujacic, 1st or 2nd rounder. MAYBE

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Money wise the lakers have to send LO7 and Kwame Brown. Add
    a first round pick. I can't see the Lakers giving up Bynum rather
    than the pick. Two starting forwards for KG and a pick are enough,
    no way we give them two forwards and a center.

I rule the local playground

Andrew Bynum is the youngest player in the league. He's a young center who's improved by leaps and bounds. He is just starting to learn how to play and he's already the Lakers' best center. Teams are starving for great, or even good centers. The Lakers can't trade him. It's nothing against KG. Andrew Bynum is a rare asset, a young center who is good and who can be great. If he continues to improve at the rate he is, Mitch would a fool to trade him away.

KG is going to be the highest paid player in the league. It's a lot of money to take on for a player with a lot of miles on his legs. If there's a paycut involved down the line, then it's fine. Odom's contract is pretty good. He won't make 15 mill a year, even in the last year of his deal.

If the Lakers are going to do a blockbuster trade, it will involve Odom and Kwame, because Bynum's rapid development makes Kwame expendable. That's enough money to get KG.

Here is another thing to consider. Will getting KG fix what is broken with the Lakers? He will put up better numbers than Odom. They lose a good interior defender in Kwame Brown. Bynum is improving in that area. KG would help Bynum defend the paint. But getting an upgrade at the 4 (KG to replace Odom) does not fix their most pressing need (PG). Smush ain't cutting it. Jordan Farmar will be the starting point guard by the end of the year because I can't see Phil Jackson sticking with Smush Parker. When that happens, the Lakers will improve because they will have a playmaker at the point who won't fall asleep on the defensive end of the floor. If Radmanovic's hand gets better, they will have a scorer to come off the bench. KG isn't a 3 point shooter and the Lakers need consistent outside shooters. There are needs more pressing than finding a superstar to take Lamar Odom's place.

The Lakers need to stick with the guys they have now. They won't win the title, but the solution to their problems are on the roster right now. Don't sacrifice the future for potential present success.

its ours nxt year LA09 kobedaman24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magicmanfan
    Money wise the lakers have to send LO7 and Kwame Brown. Add
    a first round pick. I can't see the Lakers giving up Bynum rather
    than the pick. Two starting forwards for KG and a pick are enough,
    no way we give them two forwards and a center.
    Yeah, we might even make the pick a 2nd rounder instead of a first to make it more even.

I understand that you guys like Bynum alot, Id love to have him in Dallas, every team in the league would love to have him off their bench.

But what if he never fully develops? Dwight Howard was a sure thing 10 games into his career, you knew THEN that he would beast the NBA. But Bynum has shown flashes of being good but has never shown much to say that he will amount to more than former All Star Ilgauskas.

Forgetting salary, assuming you had Big Z on your team, would you not trade Odom and Big Z for KG? I would. Don't get caught up too much in age.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    I understand that you guys like Bynum alot, Id love to have him in Dallas, every team in the league would love to have him off their bench.

But what if he never fully develops? Dwight Howard was a sure thing 10 games into his career, you knew THEN that he would beast the NBA. But Bynum has shown flashes of being good but has never shown much to say that he will amount to more than former All Star Ilgauskas.

Forgetting salary, assuming you had Big Z on your team, would you not trade Odom and Big Z for KG? I would. Don't get caught up too much in age.
    Age is a huge factor. You can't disregard Bynum's young age. Also, he has good work ethic. He works hard to improve and we've seen the fruits of his labor. Ilgauskas is not a good example. He's an aging center with a big contract. Let's say Bynum develops into a player similar to Ilgauskas. Bad example, but I'll go with it. Would you trade Odom and a 19 year old Big Z for an aging KG?

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

I guess people are hesitant on Bynum because they see him as our starting center for the next 12-15 years while Garnett would start declining in 2-3 years. If we don't win now with Garnett it's a complete waste if we give away Bynum. Also giving up Odom hurts, I guess it's too much of a risk to send two of your 3 best players for years to come for KG and try to win now and start rebuilding after he's gone. With Bynum and Odom we have more insurance for the future.

With that being said though I'd give up Odom/Kwame for KG but Bynum is untradable at this point IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers-city
    ok, the shaq reason, allright, why no mention of kobe having absolutely no talent around him AT ALL and leading the lakers singlehandedly to the post season ?
    The point is that KG did that for several seasons. "The Shaq reason" was to counter your ludicrous claim that Kobe's postseason success from '00-'04 is enough to propel him ahead of Garnett as an individual player. It's not. Kobe was unquestionably better than KG last season individually, but KG was better than Kobe individually from '99-'05, and is again better than him this season (if that will remain true when Kobe returns to 100% form remains to be seen). How does one season negate KG's sustained individual dominance over the course of 7 seasons?

the year kg got past the 1st round (finally !!) he had cassell and spreewell who were playing great, hell cassell is still playing great, and when cassell went down injured the wolves didnt advance any further, coincidence ?
    Has Kobe gotten past the first round as the leader of his team?

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    this is the arguement i hate when we're talking about kobe. magic had kareem. jordan had pippen. bird had mchale. shaq had kobe. but for some reason, the other second fiddles (kareem, Pippen, mchale) get more credit and you hear people saying well, put iverson with shaq and it equates to 3 rings.
    I personally don't give Pippen any more credit for his rings than I give Kobe; in fact, I've stated before that I feel that Kobe was a better #2 than Pippen. Pippen gets more credit in that regard simply because he has 6 championships as opposed to 3, not because he was more valuable to Chicago's success than Kobe was to LA's.

I brought up Shaq for the reasons stated above, not to diminish Kobe's accomplishments in any way. I just don't see how someone can use Kobe's rings as evidence of him being a better player than Garnett while neglecting to mention that he had the good fortune of playing with a top 10 all-time player in his absolute prime while KG was running with Troy Hudson and Kandiman.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-27-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Jordan never won without an All-Star caliber bigman who could play some of the best post defense in the L(Ho Grant, Rodman).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Jordan never won without an All-Star caliber bigman who could play some of the best post defense in the L(Ho Grant, Rodman).
    Rodman wasn't all-star caliber. He was one-dimensional. Grant was barely all-star caliber, but dude above is talking about a 25/15/5/3 7-footer (which he feels Bynum will develop into), not a 13 pt/9.5 reb 6'10" PF.

(interestingly, LA is getting similar per minute production from Kwame right now as Chicago got from Grant, ~14/11.7 vs. ~16/11.7; and Brown is an excellent defender, too).

Find me the number of big men who made the ASG in the last 15 years with a line of 13-14 pts and 8.5-10 rebs or worse.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-28-2006 at 01:23 AM.

Rodman the best rebounder in the league and arguably the best defender at the PF position, a very good passer not All-Star caliber HO Grant dropping double-doubles and playing great D isn't either Funny how groupies pretend like Jordan carried chumps to titles yet turn around and say Rodman> Big Ben and Pippen> Any SF. Give Kobe a better version of Big Ben and a top 3 SF(Bron, Pierce etc) and let's see if he can't win chips.

Rodman the best rebounder in the league and arguably the best defender at the PF position, a very good passer not All-Star caliber HO Grant dropping double-doubles and playing great D isn't either Funny how groupies pretend like Jordan carried chumps to titles yet turn around and say Rodman> Big Ben and Pippen> Any SF. Give Kobe a better version of Big Ben and a top 3 SF(Bron, Pierce etc) and let's see if he can't win chips.

'Tis true. But Im not sure Kobe could win the chip, but that team would definately be a contender.

Banned

Again, find me the list of all-star big men who made the all-star team with lines of 13-14 points and 8.5-10 reb or worse in the last 15 years. Thanks.

For the record, I don't think Big Ben is a great example of an all-star caliber player either, but he basically doubled up Rodman in ppg and was comparable defensively and on the boards; he also was a great shotblocker whereas Rodman wasn't.

I'll wait on your list. 14/10 or worse. All-stars. Find them.

I also like how you use the '96-'98 Bulls as a comparison. When Jordan was 28, he won with Grant (whom Kwame is basically equal to on a per minute basis, as I've shown) and Pippen, who in '91 was better than Odom only defensively. LMAO @ suggesting that Pip is on Bron or Pierce's level -- they're entirely different types of players. I'd be willing to give Kobe a 19/8/6 guy with great defense (which is what Pippen was), not a 31/7/7 guy or a 27/7/5 guy, each of whom can drop 40+ at any time and are extremely aggressive offensively. Know how many games of 35+ points Pippen had in the three seasons from '91-'93? 6. Know how many games of 35+ Pierce and Lebron have had already just this season? 2 and 3, respectively. So in 14 games, Lebron has half the amount of 35+ point games that Pippen had in 246 games. But yeah, let's just give Kobe Bron. Might as well give him prime Kareem too -- he needs it.

Oh wait -- Bynum is going to be better than Kareem! Bynum for prime Kareem:

<Laker_Fan1>: "I wouldn't do that trade; Bynum is young and has great potential. Give them Brown and Evans"
    Last edited by Loki; 11-28-2006 at 02:12 AM.

Damn Loki, have mercy on the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Again, find me the list of all-star big men who made the all-star team with lines of 13-14 points and 8.5-10 reb or worse in the last 15 years. Thanks.

For the record, I don't think Big Ben is a great example of an all-star caliber player either, but he basically doubled up Rodman in ppg and was comparable defensively and on the boards; he also was a great shotblocker whereas Rodman wasn't.

I'll wait on your list. 14/10 or worse. All-stars. Find them.

I also like how you use the '96-'98 Bulls as a comparison. When Jordan was 28, he won with Grant (whom Kwame is basically equal to on a per minute basis, as I've shown) and Pippen, who in '91 was better than Odom only defensively. LMAO @ suggesting that Pip is on Bron or Pierce's level -- they're entirely different types of players. I'd be willing to give Kobe a 19/8/6 guy with great defense (which is what Pippen was), not a 31/7/7 guy or a 27/7/5 guy, each of whom can drop 40+ at any time and are extremely aggressive offensively. Know how many games of 35+ points Pippen had in the three seasons from '91-'93? 6. Know how many games of 35+ Pierce and Lebron have had already just this season? 2 and 3, respectively. So in 14 games, Lebron has half the amount of 35+ point games that Pippen had in 246 games. But yeah, let's just give Kobe Bron. Might as well give him prime Kareem too -- he needs it.
    You want an All-Star big man with those kinds of stats? Sure. Horace Grant in 1994. Shut IT. Go ahead and start a thread about Rodman vs. Wallace. See how many votes Wallace gets. Did you just say Kwame=Ho Grant? Kwame can't catch the damn ball half the time Leave it to you to rely on stats...the game is about more than stats. Pippen made the All-NBA first team over a Grant Hill who was doing 20/10/7. Pippen didn't have as many 35 point games. WOW!. His impact went faaaaar beyond how many points he scored. Could Bron or Pierce even PRAY to give Magic fits?:stupid: