Default Scores killed in prison brawl and blaze in Mexico

Ya'll ever watch that show Locked Up Abroad? If you haven't it, its a really awesome show. But anyway... yeah, some of the people featured get locked up in prisons in South America...

F that.

MONTERREY, Mexico -- Fifty-two inmates were killed and 12 injured in a brutal fight between two rival factions and a huge fire at a prison in northern Mexico on Thursday, the state governor said.

Nuevo Leon Gov. Jaime Rodriguez told a news conference the fight involved a faction led by a member of the infamous Zetas drug cartel.

Rescue workers could be seen bringing injured inmates from the Topo Chico prison in Monterrey, at least some with burns.

The riot broke out just six days before Pope Francis is scheduled to visit another Mexican prison, in the border city of Ciudad Juarez in Chihuahua state.
    Going to jail in another country, can't speak the language, in countries where prisons are actually prisons and not resorts like we have in places here in the states, but an actual prison. I couldn't imagine.

In case anyone didn't know the show I was referring to:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/locked-up-abroad/

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Default Re: Scores killed in prison brawl and blaze in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Ya'll ever watch that show Locked Up Abroad? If you haven't it, its a really awesome show. But anyway... yeah, some of the people featured get locked up in prisons in South America...

F that.

Going to jail in another country, can't speak the language, in countries where prisons are actually prisons and not resorts like we have in places here in the states, but an actual prison. I couldn't imagine.

In case anyone didn't know the show I was referring to:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/locked-up-abroad/
    i love that show but i never feel bad for them "oh this guy wants to send me on vacation and all i have to do is bring a suitcase home, seems legit"

I thought you were saying there was a guy with the last name Scores who got locked up or someshit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i love that show but i never feel bad for them "oh this guy wants to send me on vacation and all i have to do is bring a suitcase home, seems legit"
    I don't feel bad for all of them, but some, yeah I do. People who were tricked into it (one guy had his wife trick him into coming along), or people who needed to do the job to feed their families. One guy (I think in Thailand) was blamed for smuggling drugs when he had no idea. They (the police) ended up messing up his paperwork, and then charged him anyway because they already let the wrong guy go free. May be the best episode of the show.

What sucks is that, if you get approached by some guy on the street to run drugs, chances are you are going to be the guy's sacrificial lamb to the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    What sucks is that, if you get approached by some guy on the street to run drugs, chances are you are going to be the guy's sacrificial lamb to the authorities.
    I don't quite understand. Do you mean to say it's hard to resist the offer? Or are you saying if you do choose to work with them, they're looking to screw you?

Their goal is not for you to get caught obviously, but they just don't take on the high risk of getting caught themselves. They lose if you lose. The difference is when/if they choose to pay you. But someone stupid enough to try smuggling drugs for someone is stupid enough to get screwed out of payment for the job.

I have traveled alone A LOT in my life, and I've been approached about buying/selling/moving drugs many times. People like that never try to intimidate you. They need to convince you, not intimidate you. It's the robbers and sometimes beggars who benefit from pulling out the intimidation card, and those are the situations that make the best stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    I don't quite understand. Do you mean to say it's hard to resist the offer? Or are you saying if you do choose to work with them, they're looking to screw you?

Their goal is not for you to get caught obviously, but they just don't take on the high risk of getting caught themselves. They lose if you lose. The difference is when/if they choose to pay you. But someone stupid enough to try smuggling drugs for someone is stupid enough to get screwed out of payment for the job.

I have traveled alone A LOT in my life, and I've been approached about buying/selling/moving drugs many times. People like that never try to intimidate you. They need to convince you, not intimidate you. It's the robbers and sometimes beggars who benefit from pulling out the intimidation card, and those are the situations that make the best stories.
    Their goal is for you to get caught.

You're right, the idea is to convince you its easy, and a piece of cake, and people do it all the time. Once you take the flight to wherever, and you're there in a foreign country, you're ****ed. They know you have no money, and no way to get back home.

But, what we see a lot, is foreign citizens are recruited to do the moving, and they are set up to get caught. Many times, the cartels will have deals worked out where they send someone obvious through to get caught on purpose. That way, the police look good, the airport security look good, and in return, they allow the cartels to send their 'regular' runners through without being searched. (Plus they get a bit of side cash).

So yes, some may not want you to, but many absolutely want you to get caught. If you watch some of the Locked Up Abroad episodes, you'll see some of the people get strapped with the stupidest looking shit. Vests filled with drugs that are so obvious, they didn't have a chance in Hell of making it through no matter what they did.