Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Shaquille O`Neal vs Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalLA
    And exactly why...?

I think many of you people are forgetting what Shaq was in his prime...
    Because we are old enough to have been able to see Kareem play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I think Hakeem was better than Shaq but it's debatable. Kareem vs. Shaq is not really debatable, as Jabbar was hands down better. For crying out loud, Kareem has a good case for GOAT. Shaq has no case for that.
    Really I still haven't seen a logical case for Hakeem over Shaq still. Even back when Shaq was younger Shaq usually played very well against hakeem, and was playing as well as Hakeem was in his prime.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    I didn't watch Wilt. I saw his stats and i have done my research on how dominant the centers were back then.

Stop overhyping wilt for crying out loud. 100 points as a center? How long were the quarters? 36 minutes each period?

You see you are losing you credibility when you are overhyping a guy you didn't even watch play except for youtube. You go on google , you search for the most points ever scored in the NBA. And you see Wilt up there with 100 and u are like ""wow that guy was the bomb". YEar fking right

believe what u want. Skinny ass Center making uncontested skyhooks because the defenders sucked so much ass by then you wouldn't distinguish them from Adam Morisson. Most of the centers were so weak Wilt would back them down to the post with a broken left foot.

And sure you had some legends back then but those are the only ones remembered. Ever find it weird few guys from that time are actually rememberd for how they played? Few of them remained remembered so that ESPN could make their money.

""Oh hay dawg let us ask mister Bill Russel what he thinks on Garnetts performance form last night". --- Cha ching

I agree on most of what you said.

People around ISH tend to call you "ignorant" when you say Wilt`s competition (saving Russell) was a joke, and f*ck man, it was a joke.

I mean you download some old games, sit on your couch and start playing, and all you see is a bunch of white skinny guys trying to defend him. Damn, I dont know about you guys but when I see Wilt bounce the ball I just dont see him at the level of real great centers like Kareem, Shaq or Olajuwon.

But most Wilt fans, specially from Philadelphia will call you everything for saying this.
    Last edited by MagicalLA; 05-21-2010 at 07:38 PM.

I rule the local playground

Because we are old enough to have been able to see Kareem play.
    I havent watched as many games of Kareem as ive watched from Shaq (obviously), but I have watched Kareem played and on their primes, I got more impressed by Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Really I still haven't seen a logical case for Hakeem over Shaq still. Even back when Shaq was younger Shaq usually played very well against hakeem, and was playing as well as Hakeem was in his prime.
    I think it comes down to personal preference. Basically, in their primes you couldn't have chosen wrong among Karee, Hakeem, Wilt or Shaq. Usually people like the player most whom they saw play as 10 to 20 year olds (or the hometown hero).

So guys over 40 would definitely pick Kareem. Guys over 30 have a good chance of respecting Hakeem more than Shaq. Guys below or very close to 30 tend to choose Shaq.

It is personal preference and I just loved Hakeem's game.

And exactly why...?

Kareem was Prime shaq throughout his young career. His consistency alone shits on Prime Shaq.

Banned

I think it comes down to personal preference. Basically, in their primes you couldn't have chosen wrong among Karee, Hakeem, Wilt or Shaq. Usually people like the player most whom they saw play as 10 to 20 year olds (or the hometown hero).

So guys over 40 would definitely pick Kareem. Guys over 30 have a good chance of respecting Hakeem more than Shaq. Guys below or very close to 30 tend to choose Shaq.

It is personal preference and I just loved Hakeem's game.
    Prime vs. Prime Hakeem is obviously the last of those four to me. He was a good player, but the amount hes been over rated on here is insane to me. Hes just not on the level of those other three.

And exactly why...?

Long time Laker season ticket holder here. I watched both Shaq and Kareem play live, and no, I am not forgetting how dominant Shaq was. Kareem was better at EVERYTHING than Shaq - offense, defense, rebounding, shooting, freethrows, conditioning, basketball IQ, longevity, etc. Kareem is even a better actor (Airplane vs Kazaam).

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Prime vs. Prime Hakeem is obviously the last of those four to me. He was a good player, but the amount hes been over rated on here is insane to me. Hes just not on the level of those other three.
    We disagree then.

NoLayupsRule2
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I hope people realize that Kareem had a rule created for him in College Basketball because he was that ****ing dominant....And when they made that rule to prevent him from shitting on players when he was with UCLA, he devloped his sky-hook and became even more unstoppable.

IMO, the top 6 centers, in order:
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Hakeem
    Shaq
    Duncan

I have seen all play live except for Russell. Wilt was not in his prime, but I did get to see him play. The rest, I got to see in college on up. One guy not on the list, Walton, would certainly be there had it not been for injuries. He just saw the game differently than everyone else. Basically a Point Center.

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    IMO, the top 6 centers, in order:
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    Hakeem
    Shaq
    Duncan
    Interesting. I have the same order.

1. Kareem
    2. Russell
    3. Wilt
    4. Shaq
    5. Hakeem

I consider Duncan the best Power Forward to ever play the game so he doesn't make it on to my center list

this is an insult to the "Cap"
    "The Big Fella" = GOAT

7-time NBA All-Star

My top 3 centers of all time are

1.Kareem
    2.Shaq
    3.Wilt