Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #16
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Diaw to the Raptors?

A Diaw trade possibility involved Toronto, where talk centered on Diaw leaving for point guard T.J. Ford and the Raptors' No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft. Talks cooled but might reignite with Porter aboard. In Porter's first season as Milwaukee's head coach, Ford helped the Bucks to a 41-41 playoff season. When Ford missed the next season after neck surgery, the Bucks went 30-52 and fired Porter.

Ford, 25, is drawing interest but is a risk after having two vertebrae fused in 2004. He has three contract years worth $25 million remaining.

The Raptors, run by ex-Suns President Bryan Colangelo, just bought out Jorge Garbajosa and might be looking for a versatile forward such as Diaw, who will make $9 million in each of the next four seasons.

by Paul Coro - Jun. 19, 2008 10:11 PM
The Arizona Republic

As much as I like Diaw he doesn't fix any of our problems with rebounding and defence...
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:10 AM   #17
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
A Diaw trade possibility involved Toronto, where talk centered on Diaw leaving for point guard T.J. Ford and the Raptors' No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft. Talks cooled but might reignite with Porter aboard. In Porter's first season as Milwaukee's head coach, Ford helped the Bucks to a 41-41 playoff season. When Ford missed the next season after neck surgery, the Bucks went 30-52 and fired Porter.

Ford, 25, is drawing interest but is a risk after having two vertebrae fused in 2004. He has three contract years worth $25 million remaining.

The Raptors, run by ex-Suns President Bryan Colangelo, just bought out Jorge Garbajosa and might be looking for a versatile forward such as Diaw, who will make $9 million in each of the next four seasons.

by Paul Coro - Jun. 19, 2008 10:11 PM
The Arizona Republic

As much as I like Diaw he doesn't fix any of our problems with rebounding and defence...

The biggest advantage we have this off season is having the number 17 pick in a draft where not many teams need bigs before us, and there are plenty of talented big guys to go around. And having T.J. Ford, a starting quality PG on the trading block.

Giving up both of those for Diaw, would be a huge mistake.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 AM   #18
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
The biggest advantage we have this off season is having the number 17 pick in a draft where not many teams need bigs before us, and there are plenty of talented big guys to go around. And having T.J. Ford, a starting quality PG on the trading block.

Giving up both of those for Diaw, would be a huge mistake.

i agree completley, i wouldnt mind having diaw on the team, and i think there could be a deal there with ford, but not the pick at all. theres plently of players like diaw in the league (and with smaller contracts) but quality PGs are a premium, steve nash wont be at the top of his game for much longer, the suns could do well with ford, allowing nash to have a break and someone they can mold to replace nash in the future
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:24 PM   #19
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Please BC don't **** up this offseason.....
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #20
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

NO!

wrong direction completely, yes he's a good player, but i do NOT want him suiting up in the white&red next year!
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Suns ready to make a move?

Saturday, June 21, 2008 | Feedback | Print Entry

Sources say the Phoenix Suns appear poised to make a draft day deal.

They are talking with Toronto about sending Boris Diaw to the Raptors for T.J. Ford and the 17th pick in Thursday's draft. Ford, who would back up Steve Nash, played for new Suns coach Terry Porter in Milwaukee from 2003 to 2005.

The Suns are also considering a trade with Portland in which they would send Leandro Barbosa to the Blazers for Martell Webster and the 13th pick of this year's draft.

Only one, if any, of those trades will happen.

Elsewhere, some say Atlanta doesn't want to go above $11 million per year to sign restricted free agent Josh Smith. If that's the case, look for Smith to end up in Philadelphia.

The Sixers would love to get Elton Brand, but word is that he doesn't want to take a pay cut from the $16 million-plus he's due next season -- except to go to Miami.

So with Brand pretty much out of the question, Philly will look at Smith and Antawn Jamison. The Sixers can start either one at $11 million with 8 percent annual increases.

Smith, by the way, would fit perfectly in Philly's up-tempo, run-and-jump system. But I think Atlanta must match whatever offer he gets. If they don't re-sign him, they'll lose all the momentum they gained by taking Boston to seven games, not to mention a great budding young talent.

Miami is trying desperately to find a way to get Brand, whose first choice is the Heat, but a sign-and-trade for Shawn Marion is probably the only way to get it done. Hard to see that happening.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #22
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

I honestly don't think that Boris Diaw is the answer we need for our team. We need a guy who can take it to the hole or shoot the ball or we need a big man who can be a shot blocker and defend the other team from collecting points in the paint.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #23
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Please... dotn give 17 + Tj Ford for Diaw...

BC is tryng to bring back his players frum phoenix...
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #24
kmart
No props needed

I don't get why the Suns want T.J Ford hes going to backup Steve Nash which he obviously does not want to be.

I'd rather have Barbosa rather than Diaw in the lineup. I think a deal for Barbosa would be better.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #25
Reef
College star

Reef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReef is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Philly gets Josh Smith, they'll be a better team than us. If only we had the cap room to get him. He's pretty much what we need. A big small forward who can be a second scorer, block some shots, and rebound.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #26
kmart
No props needed

Well we got Roko Ukic coming in, our MLE, the 17th pick in this years draft and T.J Ford and a bunch of fillers as trading bait I think that we can have a very effective offseason. I doubt that Phily will get Josh Smith though because I read they will have to pay more than 11 million before Atlanta matches their offer.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #27
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

NY Daily is saying that it is US that wants Diaw!! It also says that Phoenix wants nothing to do with TJ Ford (or anyone else that the Raps have available to offer - ouch) so the Raps are looking for a 3rd team to get involved. Seems far fetched to me so hopefully Diaw won't be a Raptor.
RapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #28
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I would much rather have Barbosa than Diaw.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #29
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
I honestly don't think that Boris Diaw is the answer we need for our team. We need a guy who can take it to the hole or shoot the ball or we need a big man who can be a shot blocker and defend the other team from collecting points in the paint.

Sounds a lot like Richard Jefferson.. does anybody know what the rumour/status is with RJ????
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: