Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond had great 2013 preseason

Unfortunately - I don't think Mills is going to be a cheap shooter anymore. Especially after this season, his finals run and that 3rd quarter against the heat in game 5...

I'm hearing teams will offer him 6-7 million per year... Not quite sure he is worth that, but hey, good on him... Warriors, Bulls high on him for a prominent backup role, Pacers considering him for a starting role, and obviously Spurs will offer him as much as they can but will probably fall short of market value.

NBA lottery pick

He lit it up in the finals, but Mills is for sure going to get over paid. I want no part of that either.

I use to shoot hoops with Mills when we were under 15's. Damn good dude, very humble - definitely making our nation proud - but yeah 6-7 mill per season I feel would be way too much for him.

I think he deserves 4 years / 16 mill, and be the premiere back up PG in the league...

But yeah I can see a team overpaying him something like 3 years / 18 mill

***I just checked what Jarrett Jack signed for (in which I think Mills will garner a similar offer) and it was 25 mill / 4 years ***
    Last edited by Aussie Dunker; 06-18-2014 at 10:16 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I use to shoot hoops with Mills when we were under 15's. Damn good dude, very humble - definitely making our nation proud - but yeah 6-7 mill per season I feel would be way too much for him.

I think he deserves 4 years / 16 mill, and be the premiere back up PG in the league...

But yeah I can see a team overpaying him something like 3 years / 18 mill

***I just checked what Jarrett Jack signed for (in which I think Mills will garner a similar offer) and it was 25 mill / 4 years ***
    Jack got way too much money. I don't like paying backups that much. Mills is good, but there's a lot of guys who leave the Spurs and don't play quite the same. The first one that comes to mind is George Hill. Great backup in San Antonio. Not so good in Indiana. I like the contract Will Bynum is on. He makes less than 3 million per season. I feel like he's better than Mills too.

Yeah Jack got way too much indeed... But can easily see Patty getting way too much as well - all it takes is 1 team out of 30 to make a stupid offer, which is very likely...

Not sure who I would rather out of Mills and Bynum. Bynum is on a great contract in my opinion, but he sometimes frustrates the hell out of me with his terrible D and over dribbling - but then on other nights he looks like a first level starter with his penetration scoring...

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Jack got way too much money. I don't like paying backups that much. Mills is good, but there's a lot of guys who leave the Spurs and don't play quite the same. The first one that comes to mind is George Hill. Great backup in San Antonio. Not so good in Indiana. I like the contract Will Bynum is on. He makes less than 3 million per season. I feel like he's better than Mills too.
    George Hill was a backup in SA. He isn't the PG Indy needs, but he's still played very good ball for them.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yeah Jack got way too much indeed... But can easily see Patty getting way too much as well - all it takes is 1 team out of 30 to make a stupid offer, which is very likely...

Not sure who I would rather out of Mills and Bynum. Bynum is on a great contract in my opinion, but he sometimes frustrates the hell out of me with his terrible D and over dribbling - but then on other nights he looks like a first level starter with his penetration scoring...
    With the way we are set up, shooting is something I'd overpay for if needed. Not by too much though.

Bynum and Jerebko have to go fromt his team IMO. We need shooters in those 2 spots pretty badly and those guys make too much.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    George Hill was a backup in SA. He isn't the PG Indy needs, but he's still played very good ball for them.
    Exactly, I said he was a backup in SA. You make my point about overpaying backups.

With the way we are set up, shooting is something I'd overpay for if needed. Not by too much though.

Bynum and Jerebko have to go fromt his team IMO. We need shooters in those 2 spots pretty badly and those guys make too much.
    I quite like Jerebko, very hard nosed player, hustle, very underrated rebounder and has some nice stretch big man skills - but I would have thought he would be very cheap - 4.5 mill per year is too much, I agree...

NBA lottery pick

I like Jerebko too. He hasn't been used right (or enough) over the past few seasons. He can actually shoot the ball which is something we need. I would bet SVG would use him more than others have in the past.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Exactly, I said he was a backup in SA. You make my point about overpaying backups.
    I think the Pacers have generally gotten what they expected from Hill.

NBA lottery pick

I think the Pacers have generally gotten what they expected from Hill.
    Being one of their weakest links?

Hill was signed by the Pacers to be a starter, there is no doubt there would be some level of disappointment - but he wasn't terrible... I think he was used wrong right from the start.

He simply does not have the game type to be a starter - he has the perfect game to be the first player off the bench...

I think that if used right he can be even better than the Pacers expected, but I just don't think he has a starting role in this league. Not due to lack of talent, but more so lack of ability to run an effective offense.

I think Mills will suffer a similar fate if expected to start...

The Charlie V signing really diminished Jerebko's role on this team. I want to keep him - and see what SVG can do with him...

Decent college freshman

Yah, Hill is probably worth closer to 6 mil than 8 mil, but its not like he left SA and all of a sudden we were like "OMG, that's a completely different player, I"m shocked.". He's the same George Hill he was in SA and generally what Indy thought he was. Last year he showed some flashes of being a little more, but he regressed a bit this year IMO. He shoots 3s and defends with a little ball handling mixed in.

He had an awesome seaon.
    You guys have to built a team around him.
    He is your future