Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CP3 Last season

Default Re: CP3 Last season

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    They ran NO D blake griffin and NO D JJ whiteboy to go all offense. Any team can get the "number one ranked offense" if they just punt D and go all O.
    To say Blake and JJ play zero D is so damn ignorant. They might not be Danny Green and Dwight Howard, but both are average to above average.

Redick, especially, gets his defensive input overlooked for being a sharpshooter, who is also not black. His athleticism is below the league average, but his IQ and awareness allows him to get into the proper position to make it tough on his counterpart. He also plays team d real well, shedding the opposing player to go to his help.

I mean, lets compare Redick to a Klay Thompson, Iman Shumpert, Danny Green and Avery Bradley. Advanced stats don't tell the whole story, as those guys are better defenders, but the numbers are quite surprising.

JJ's Counterpart's Per48 Per @ SG/SF: 11.2/13.6
    Klay Thompson's Counterpart: 11.1/12.1
    Iman Shumpert's Counterpart: 12.9/12.9
    Danny Green's Counterpart: 13.0/11.5
    Avery Bradley's Counterpart: 12.8/17.5

Dude gave up the 2nd lowest per at the two guard spot. Just insane for a guy that plays no D right.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    doesn't account for who he plays with and then who is playing when he is off the court though. clippers would still have a top 10 offense if u replace him with an average starter
    Maybe, considering an average starter at the point would be a Jeff Teague or Ty Lawson due to the insane depth at the position. But if you think an Isaiah Thomas, Brandan Knight, Darren Collison, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo, Jarrett Jack would keep us top 10, I'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    CP3 was clearly the best player in the league last season for anyone with knowledge on the game.
    LOL you moron

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Chris Paul was actually great great in that game. What other player is stopping 4 players from going off at once?

Also, saying Blake Griffin is an MVP candidate, is arguably arguably ban- worthy.
    Blake is an MVP candidate and will be again.. 3rd in MVP voting in 2014.

He was also the best isolation defender according to Synergy Sports.

So he ran the best, most efficient offense in the league, led the league in assists, shot nearly 49/40/90 (51/43/94 in the playoffs) and did this while being an elite defensive player.

He plays at this high of a level on both ends of the court and no one appreciates his game. Ridiculous.

There's too many f*ggots on ISH and not enough good posters. This thread is about CP3's impact on his team's offense and you still have idiots in here hating for no reason.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

So he ran the best, most efficient offense in the league, led the league in assists, shot nearly 49/40/90 (51/43/94 in the playoffs) and did this while being an elite defensive player.

He plays at this high of a level on both ends of the court and no one appreciates his game. Ridiculous.

There's too many f*ggots on ISH and not enough good posters. This thread is about CP3's impact on his team's offense and you still have idiots in here hating for no reason.
    regular season super star, where was that cp3 when houston was fuccing them in the ass with Harden sitting on the bench?

Decent college freshman

Do you have a link to this? I remember back in the day this heat007 guy would always preach about how Wade lead the league in Isolation Defense in 2005, 2009, and 2010 and said he got the stats from Synergy Sports but I could never find it.
    Last edited by Wade's Rings; 09-06-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Do you have a link to this? I remember back in the day this heat007 guy would always preach about how Wade lead the league in Isolation Defense in 2005, 2009, and 2010 and said he got the stats from Synergy Sports but I could never find it.
    I think you have to sign up to get information from that site. I just seen it mentioned in an article:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/press-re...am-all-defense

Paul was second in the NBA in total steals (156) and fifth in steals per game (1.90). He has led the NBA in steals in six of the past eight seasons. According to data from Synergy Sports, Paul ranked first in the NBA this season in isolation situations, allowing only 0.565 points per play in such scenarios. Paul was previously named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team in 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2009 and was also named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 2011 and 2008.

Chris Paul was actually great great in that game. What other player is stopping 4 players from going off at once?

Also, saying Blake Griffin is an MVP candidate, is arguably arguably ban- worthy.
    And you're arguably arguably a dumbshit.

Decent college freshman

I think you have to sign up to get information from that site. I just seen it mentioned in an article

If this is true that means Wade was the best Man/1 on 1 Defender for 3 Seasons in the League

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Blake is an MVP candidate and will be again.. 3rd in MVP voting in 2014.
    And Harden was top 5 IIRC. Those are 3rd place votes along with ones from popularity. No one seriously considered Blake Griffin an MVP. This guy has absolutely quit rebounding. He was posting 21/7/5 last season. That's... just all-star production.

That is nothing that would make me take him over over a dozen guys. He shined the most in the playoffs, which is great . But even with taking the entire season off on something that takes a lot of energy (rebounding), he still ran out of gas at the end of the Rockets series.

Played a great 3 quarters in game 6, just disappeared in the 4th, and didn't show up in the second half of game 7. This isn't the only time he failed in big moments.

He nearly sabotaged the Clippers series win against the Spurs with his terrible, timid 4th quarter play and crucial turnover in game 5(?).

He's a really good player but Paul is a tier above him and he's a fringe top 10 player.

Decent college freshman

And Harden was top 5 IIRC. Those are 3rd place votes along with ones from popularity. No one seriously considered Blake Griffin an MVP. This guy has absolutely quit rebounding. He was posting 21/7/5 last season. That's... just all-star production.

That is nothing that would make me take him over over a dozen guys. He shined the most in the playoffs, which is great . But even with taking the entire season off on something that takes a lot of energy (rebounding), he still ran out of gas at the end of the Rockets series.

Played a great 3 quarters in game 6, just disappeared in the 4th, and didn't show up in the second half of game 7. This isn't the only time he failed in big moments.

He nearly sabotaged the Clippers series win against the Spurs with his terrible, timid 4th quarter play and crucial turnover in game 5(?).

He's a really good player but Paul is a tier above him and he's a fringe top 10 player.
    The one thing you can defend about the decrease in rebounds is that he has punted on defense rebounding in order for DJ to pad his stats. Since they don't involve him that much on offense, they at least allow him to post eye-popping rebounding numbers.

Granted, I know he maintained those stats, and increased them, when BG was out this past year, but it seems watching them that they cede boards to DJ to keep him happy.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying really, just wanted to chime in lol. I think though that the absolute lolzy bench did them in finally in the WCSF. The starters put forth so much energy vs. the Spurs that they had little left in the tank. Not really an excuse for them blowing that Rockets series, but just an explanation I guess.

Blake does need to play much better in fourth quarters, though. I think this Clippers team's ultimate destiny is where BG takes them on offense. CP3 is getting older and is at a physical disadvantage vs. most playoff starters. BG needs to better pace himself so he can dominate in stretch in every quarter.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

the most skilled player in the nba

Not airballing my layups anymore

His game 7 against the Spurs was one of the best I've seen from a player. Sheer determination. He is still the best PG in the league, the best general. The problem is, as I said in another thread, that you can't win with just one playmaker on your team. Even if he is the best one. Also, as Simmons or Jalen said in one of Grantland's podcast a while back, you may have a problem when your toughest player is your 5'11'' PG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robby712
    The problem is, as I said in another thread, that you can't win with just one playmaker on your team.
    true, and was the case with a lot of his teams but that wasn't the problem with the 14 or 15 clippers

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Maybe, considering an average starter at the point would be a Jeff Teague or Ty Lawson due to the insane depth at the position. But if you think an Isaiah Thomas, Brandan Knight, Darren Collison, Jose Calderon, Rajon Rondo, Jarrett Jack would keep us top 10, I'd say no.
    reggie jackson, thomas someone like that. i just think as long as they have blake, dj and enough shooting their offense will be very good

This stat doesn't surprise me one bit. You can seriously argue that CP3 is one of the most impactful players ever in situations where you throw him with any awful team in history and he would guarantee to help you go at least .500 or better. He just positively impacts your team in so many ways. He plays the PG position almost perfectly in terms of maximizing each possession on offense without turning it over and giving you all time great D from the PG position.

Playoffs? That's another story.