Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: NBA Player Height ?

Both....but if i could chose only 1 i would say with shoes

   

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I am a basketball player, so when someone asks me my height I say 6'3, because when I am on the court, that is how tall I am.
    that makes sense because i work in the circus, and when people ask me how tall i am i say 22'8" because that's how tall i am on my stilts.

dengness, you sure won this thread!

I can't believe this Dengness guy is still trying to persuade us this bullsh*t. When you go to the doctor's office and get your height and weight measured, you take off your shoes! Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Without shoes for the following reasons.

1.Height is trivial in the NBA anyway so why not list the correct height?
    2.It makes more sense with the players height and wingspan.
    3.NFL players wear shoes when they play but they aren't measured in them and then aren't measured in their helmets either.
    4.People are very interested in NBA players heights because they are so unusually tall so they would want to know their actual height.

The bottom line is the average person when they hear someones height assumes it's their height done in bare feet, if a players height is listed in shoes that should be noted.

Even David Stern said they only list some players above their actual height for hype.
    To paraphrase you:

Height is trivial in the NBA anyway....so why would people be very interested in it?

Lol, anyway, on the topic, I realised that the height without shoes is more important (although the margin of error is insignificant in the long run) not because they play barefoot but becausei t is a more accurate description of everybody's heights. Have heights with shoes on, then people get worked up over 'OMG, the shoes iz 1 INCHES BIGGER!!'