Default Nike Hoop Summit 2015

Anyone caught the game?
    I didn't know where would it be stream so i missed the game.

Another win for the World Team leaded by international guys playing in the US already, that's all i know right now.
    I can't find a boxscore, just the article on DraftExpress.

Default Re: Nike Hoop Summit 2015

Ya i did Thon maker looked terrible in it only 2 points but Ben Simmons almost had triple double and Skal dominated inside with 25 point and 6 blocks. Those guys look like the top two picks.

Saw bits and pieces. Swannigan looked well. There was this dude on the World team, can't recall his name, think he was a Serb, that impressed me big time.

Otherwise, volume was non existent for the majority of the time, and was too busy on my hold em tournament.

Ben Simmons and Skal Labissiere are the future of the NBA.

Simmons looks like a left-handed LeBron and Skal is eerily reminiscent of AD.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

box:
    http://www.usab.com/news-events/live...lect-team.aspx

us measurements:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...urements-4890/

international measurements:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...urements-4871/

I only caught the second half.

Murray looked much more like scoring guard than a point. Not sure if he can run a team, but he definitely can score.

Labissiere was nice, tho he's skinny. Kind of reminded me of Brandan Wright a little.

Simmons is more LO than James by my estimation. Great vision and a little too unselfish I think. Not sure if he has that scoring instinct and he doesn't appear to have a jumper right now.

Brunson was the best true PG in the game. Maybe a little more suited for college than NBA tho.

Briscoe was terrible when I watched. He kept trying to be the hero down the stretch and kept ****ing up. Missed crucial free throws (even airballed one), threw up a badly contested shot, and fouled a 3pt shooter as the shot clock expired. All that happened in like the last 2 minutes. The latter basically gave the World team the win.

Zimmerman is intriguing, tho he has no back to the basket game. Did make a real fluid jumper which makes me think pick and pop and once in the game he grabbed the rebound, pushed it up the floor rather quickly, and made a nice pass. He has some skill for a big.

Ingram can ball. Word is he was the most impressive player all week long at the McDonalds event and he played well in this game. Nice jumper, nice handle, tough player even tho he's so skinny you can see the bones under his skin. His measurements are off the charts. Check that DE link. He basically measures like Durant. But he's skinny. He's so god damn skinny and I'm not sure he can put a lot of weight on that frame either.

Jaylen Brown looks hella overrated. More athlete than basketball player and he's doesn't come across like an elite athlete either. Just a notch below.

NBA Superstar

Jamal Murray won MVP, 30 pts 5 asts.

Good looking out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    box:

us measurements:

Murray looked much more like scoring guard than a point. Not sure if he can run a team, but he definitely can score.

Labissiere was nice, tho he's skinny. Kind of reminded me of Brandan Wright a little.

Simmons is more LO than James by my estimation. Great vision and a little too unselfish I think. Not sure if he has that scoring instinct and he doesn't appear to have a jumper right now.

Brunson was the best true PG in the game. Maybe a little more suited for college than NBA tho.

Briscoe was terrible when I watched. He kept trying to be the hero down the stretch and kept ****ing up. Missed crucial free throws (even airballed one), threw up a badly contested shot, and fouled a 3pt shooter as the shot clock expired. All that happened in like the last 2 minutes. The latter basically gave the World team the win.

Zimmerman is intriguing, tho he has no back to the basket game. Did make a real fluid jumper which makes me think pick and pop and once in the game he grabbed the rebound, pushed it up the floor rather quickly, and made a nice pass. He has some skill for a big.

Ingram can ball. Word is he was the most impressive player all week long at the McDonalds event and he played well in this game. Nice jumper, nice handle, tough player even tho he's so skinny you can see the bones under his skin. His measurements are off the charts. Check that DE link. He basically measures like Durant. But he's skinny. He's so god damn skinny and I'm not sure he can put a lot of weight on that frame either.

Jaylen Brown looks hella overrated. More athlete than basketball player and he's doesn't come across like an elite athlete either. Just a notch below.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Here we have the full game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5gl1mXKgi4

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    box:

us measurements:

dude was guarding simmons and even thon maker and diallo at some point. like what ive said he is like a sprewell and a bit of a better playmaker/passer. i dont know how much the hip injury has affected him it was mentioned that he wasnt able to practice .. but we will see again this friday in jordan brand classic.

I hope so because there's a small chance he chooses UNC and I don't want him to come here, be overrated, and everyone somehow blame the program for the player's failures.

You think he's going KU? I keep hearing and seeing the phrase "He's not a UK type recruit". So let's say he doesn't go UK (I know it's dumb to count UK out of any recruitment...), that leaves:

UCLA - adidas connection (which I hear is STRONG)
    Michigan - Family there, adidas, I think he's really close with Beilein. also don't have scholarships so they need to make room somehow
    Cal - rumor was package deal of Swanigan, Rabb and Brown to Cal. Then Swanigan picked MSU. I would be surprised.
    Georgia and GT - The home town schools. Maybe if GT were good like they have been on occasion in the past. Too bad they both suck right now. I would be even more surprised.
    UNC - Tokoto leaving opens the starting spot on a championship contender. Brown comes and I think they are close to unanimous #1 pre season. Closest schools to his home, if you don't consider Georgia and GT.
    KU - Adidas, blue blood, major pt with Oubre entering, seems to be where some oad kids go if not UK (Wiggins and Oubre).

Because of how certain the adidas talk was early in his recruitment, I would probably put KU the leader. gut feeling

btw, I didn't think he looked all that great in the McDonalds game and the scrimmage the day before. Also saw him in that ESPN high school showcase (I think it was the day after the McDonalds game) for Wheeler against Thomas Bryant's team and he was merely ok. He kind of caught fire towards the end to bring his team close, but he had a crucial mistake that sealed the game and was nonexistent for the entire second half before that late serge.

This class as a whole looks underwhelming anyway. I see Simmons and Skal with a little separation. Simmons looks more like a very good role player than a star. Probably a top 3-5 player in a typically good class. And Skal is thin and his measurements aren't freaky good. Newman is like a poor man's Monta. Ellenson kind of reminds me of Josh McRoberts in high school tbh. Tho at least he has a big frame to work with. Along with Brown, that's ESPN's top 5.

I keep seeing Ingram is going to move in the top 5 all over the place and like I said, he's so skinny. Like an impoverished Corey Brewer body type.

I haven't seen the well majority of these guys, tho none really stand out as potential big time NBA prospects down the line. Rabb seemed like a good prospect. For some reason he went from the top tier (apparently 1-3 in this class: Simmons, Brown, and Skal) to just below. Not sure what happened.

Blakeney's game is nice. But I always like players like him and they turn into Nick Young or that kid from Providence I can't remember right now. He was on the Nets.

Lawson has a ton of skill. He's also stuck between sf and pf in the bad way.

Maybe Derrick Jones' skill eventually comes close to his athleticism?

Sort of like DJ Hogg in that Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, mold. He's not that good tho.

Stone has potential just based on his size.

I don't know. Don't see a lot.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 04-17-2015 at 12:14 AM.

How many points, rebounds, and blocks did Thon Maker scored in this tournament??

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I finally got a chance to sit down and watch this over the weekend and came away with a lot of the same opinions Jimmy had. It's a decent class in terms of depth. But I'm not sure if it's depth so much as just one big grade B collection of guys.

It's also possible that I'm just showing signs of bias because that was my belief going in. Fran Fraschilla, who generally speaking is barely worth mentioning, through out the Lamar Odom comp on Simmons, which I really liked. Shawn Marion also came to mind for me, although he's probably not the same pure athlete, but his vision is probably better. And there's some similarity between him and the prospect Otto Porter felt like. Not necessarily the lost Otto Porter we see now, and even he's shown signs of life this season.

He's gonna have to become a good shooter to be great, but because of his versatility, he does have a smell of a super duper role player.

Skal Labarissie has a ton of upside. The length combined with the shooting makes him a legit prospect even right now.

After that it just felt like Ingrim's length seperates him some, then it's just a lot of non-descript wing guys and tweener guards who didn't feel like better prospects Oubre or Stanley Johnson, neither of whom I was in love with last year.

Missed the JBC. I know it's not much different from the McDonalds game, but anyone stand out? Seems like Brown sat from fatigue or injury.

box:
    http://i1.wp.com/www.analyzedsports....e-page-001.jpg

game footage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfHx99LPHDY

Not going to watch it lol

fyi, Ingram moved to #3 in the new (final?) 2015 rankings. One ahead of Brown.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...s/_/order/true

Simmons
    Skal
    Ingram
    Brown
    Ellenson
    Stone
    Diallo
    Rabb
    Swanigan
    Newman

are the top ten. Maybe I'm just remembering only the success stories, but players who make that push late in their career from McDonald's level to elite often end up real legit. Kyrie Irving did it, iirc. Anthony Davis and Mitch McGary did something similar. Now some of this is because I believe it's a weak top of the class. Still, peaking at the right time with his measurables? I would keep an eye out on him. He's deciding on the 27th.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 04-21-2015 at 12:55 AM.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

jaylen brown had a hip injury he played through it during the nike summit and it affected his game.. he practiced @ JBC but decided to rest.

I am not really sold on Skal.. i dont like what they are doing saying hi is like AD... no he isnt .. he maybe better offensively but defensively i am not that sold ... but he isnt a slouch on the defensive end.. I dont know maybe its just because of what you mentioned that this class maybe weak but who knows... 1 year in college may bring out the best for most of these kids. but i have a feeling that some guys should stay longer to really hone their skills...

Even the top player doesnt feel like it has the "IT" factor. but he would definitely help the team he would go to.

even ingram who i think will be great but am uncertain if he will be ready to be a one and done. I would go out on a limb and say that trier has it to make it to the next level am not saying he would be an all star but he would fit right in.

as for brown guys like that would be deadly if ever he develops something else ala paul george or kawhi leonard.

From the game i saw i took this notes:

- Labissiere is similar to Anthony Davis but like it has been mentioned before his motor is nowhere near AD at this moment. More skilled offensively? I can see that, which is tremendous at this early stage.
    - Ingram needs to builk up, he's KD/Tayshaun Prince type of body is so unique that he needs to develop a lot of skills to work that out. The talent is there.
    - Ben Simmons is FUC*KING AWESOME, he maybe my favorite player coming into the league (when he does). High IQ, tremendous ball skills and high motor. Just needs to develop a shot and some quickness.
    - Malik Newman is going to be a stud. Pure scorer, lots of offensively skills...He would be player that probably could skip college since i think his game translates better to NBA than to college ball.
    - Jamal Murray intrigues me, i don't know what to think of him. The best comparation that i can make right now? Andrew Goudelock in terms of scoring ability. Can someone explain to me why did he reclassified?
    - Alonzo Trier is James Young part II, am i the only one who thinks that?
    - Luke Kennard is possibly my favorite player in this class, tremendous scorer. Knows how to take advantage of every single space of the floor and he's a light outs shooter. I'm curious to see how Coach K will work him and Grayson Allen at the same time since they look kinda similar.

Negative points:
    - I hate this class in terms of PG's. Briscoe, Brunson, meh... not sold on any of them. They seem players already playing the best they can and they have already NBA body which should be an advantage for them.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Didn't watch it but I've seen a few Montverde games with Simmons on the roster. Dude reminds me so much of Lamar Odom. If he was as much of a freak athlete as 17 year LeBron was, he would get a lot more hype.