Mavs Dec. 10 notes after beating the Nuggets by 15
· With the win tonight, Dallas has won 32 of the last 41 meetings over Denver, including six of the last seven. The Nuggets are just 1-9 all-time at American Airlines Center.
· Denver scored just 90 points tonight, marking the first time this season it was held below 95 points. The Nuggets were the first team to score 95+ points in their first 17 games since Phoenix did so in its first 22 games in 1993-94.
· Dallas scored 105 points tonight and improves to 8-1 when reaching the century mark this season. The Mavericks had scored 100+ points just three times in the 11 games prior (90.3 ppg last three games entering tonight).
· Josh Howard scored a career-high tying 30 points while attempting a career-high 24 shots. On 12/5 at New Jersey, Howard set his previous career-high of 20 field goal attempts. He has scored 20+ points in four of the past six games and five times overall this season (Mavs 4-1 mark).
· Josh Howard has recorded a double-double in each of the past two games after not having any in the other 10 games he’s played this season.
· After being outrebounded in each of the three games prior, Dallas outrebounded Denver 51-41 tonight. The Mavericks improve to 12-0 when outrebounding their opponent and 7-0 when having a rebound edge of 10 or more (20-3 in 2005-06).
· Denver had almost as many offensive rebound (a Maverick opponent season-high 20) as defensive rebounds 21. Over the past four games, opponents have averaged 15.8 offensive boards after averaging just 9.9 the first 16 games of the season. Dallas had 19 offensive rebounds tonight after recording a season-low tying 7 their last game.
· Carmelo Anthony, the league’s leading scorer entering tonight, was held to 18 points on 8-of-26 shooting. It is the first time he’s scored below 20 since the Nuggets first game of the season (15 pts). Denver did not have a 20-point scorer tonight. The Mavericks improve to 5-1 when their opponent fails to have a 20-point scorer this season (16-2 in 2005-06)
· Jason Terry scored 14 of his 24 points in the first quarter. The 14 points was already as many or more than he had in seven of the eight games prior. Terry’s last 20-point game came on 11/12.
· Denver shot just 38.4% from the floor tonight. The Mavericks are now 5-0 when their opponent shoots below 40.0% this season after going 17-0 in 2005-06.