Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Has anyone here mastered lucid dreaming?

Recently found out it was possible.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Has anyone here mastered lucid dreaming?

Can't lucid dream that well. And if you're banging every hawtie you know in your dreams then what motivation do you have to get up out of bed ?

But am working on subconscious reprogramming.

What did it for me was the reality checks throughout the day. (asking myself if I'm in a dream constantly and analysing why/why not) and also looking at my hands and making sure they stay intact when I poke my finger at them. I don't have them very often anymore because I don't consciously try to very often. I'll probably have one tonight just because of this thread. I was addicted for months and I consistently did the reality check shit and still have them as a consequent. I ingrained it into my mind

High School Varsity 6th Man treadster's Avatar

The last time i tried it i went to sleep paralysis, might try again tonight

Sunshine State

Lucid dreaming seems like some scary shit, does anyone have any personal experiences they can share about it?

I am getting there. I seem to have something happen before I can get it in though... like fourplay is all there but before I can get it in I wake up. A couple times I have managed to stick it in though and it feels like the real deal. It's kinda cooky.

As for other non sexual dreams, it's hit and miss. I usually know that I am dreaming though. I feel like ever since I started taking shrooms my dreams have become more lucid... and that's probably because I can better separate fantasy from reality now. Like when something happens in a dream that doesn't make a whole lot of sense it's a dead give away.

You could try 5p5, co-enzyme form of Vit b6, definitely makes dreams more vivid. Doesnt work after intoxication. Had all kind of crazy dreams with just 33mg of it. Its somewhat easier to recall and therefore remember your dreams afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Can't lucid dream that well. And if you're banging every hawtie you know in your dreams then what motivation do you have to get up out of bed ?

But am working on subconscious reprogramming.
    Seems interesting. Care to introduce us to your regime?

   

cool... lots of interesting replies in this thread.

pretty much all of my time and energy in this arena is spent on meditation / reflection / reprogramming. not sure if i want to take away from those things to pursue this actively. is there any significant benefit to lucid dreaming, besides the sexual fantasies?

NBA Superstar

I don't think I've had a lot of experience lucid dreaming. Sometimes I feel as though I've dreamed lucidly, but it feels a little vague i.e. it's not always super clear and apparent that you're controlling your dream.

Generally speaking, my recommendation for those wishing to delve deeper into their dreams (lucid or otherwise), I'd actually recommend keeping a pen and paper bedside and recording your dreams the moment you wake up, even if you can't see what you're writing (because it's dark in the room and you're tired). Ever had a great dream, then woke up thinking about how crazy or awesome it was, feeling as though you'll never forget the experience, only to fall back asleep and when you ultimately wake up for good, you suddenly only remember that you had a great dream but the details are all absent? Any notes taken at the time of the dream will likely trigger your true memories of the dream itself.

Also, make yourself think about remembering your dreams before you go to sleep for the night. The strategies may sound silly, but they work.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.

   

when i get a sufficiently powerful dream, i reflect on it afterwards so as to burn it into medium / long memory. then, over the course of whatever... hours or days... i continue to reflect on the memory, identifying the key points and decoding their meaning. ultimately the dream usually turns out to be advice... usually in the form of realisations and possibilities.

so far i'm fairly happy with this approach, since this way it's not possible to write the dream down and fail to take action on it. no... IMO it's quite important to work on the dream immediately if you want to reap its benefit. and this way i automatically sort dreams on a priority system, since quickly-forgotten dreams do not turn out to be of much significance IME. i'm always trying to preserve brain cells and not fill up yet more notebooks that get lost in the shuffle.

I can control my dreams fairly well. I'm able to recognize I'm in a dream about 30% of the time. Unfortunately it usually isn't long after I recognize I'm in a dream that I awake. There are also times when I recognize I'm in a dream, but am unable to control my actions in the dream.

Did it once in my life and it only lasted a couple seconds before I woke up.

It was indescribable. I knew that externally I was laying on a couch but was mentally in the dreamworld

Yeah I never really intentionally do it though. I think there is only a 1-2 times where I could "full-on" do it though. I don't have dreams very often. Maybe once a month at most. The crappy thing is that I can control when I wake up, so I can accidentally wake myself up if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Recently found out it was possible.
    Where you just watching an episode of American Dad?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Lucid dreaming seems like some scary shit, does anyone have any personal experiences they can share about it?
    Nothing scary about it at all. Maybe you're thinking about Sleep Paralysis which can be scary if you don't know what's happening(lol)

As for Lucid dreaming with practice you will be able to get good at it. You'll need to record your dreams every night/morning you wake up, you'll need to start remembering them.

After a while you'll be able to remember your dreams easier and once you are in your dreams you'll be able to recognize them. But once this happens you'll want to start waking up so you have to force yourself to stay in the dream and I read before that if you imagine yourself spinning in a circle non stop or rubbing your hands like a maniac you'll break that stage and you'll remain giving you the ability to do w/e the **** you want and slay as many brazillian round ass booties as you would like!

Ways to realize if you are in your dream is to look and some very detailed stuff. For example look at your hands cuz in the dream you won't have 5 fingers but more like some alien shaped hands. Look at the clock which will be blurred, etc.

As for me I have I have given up on lucid dreaming. Too lazy to do that dream journal.