Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation
Default Lebron to Host Season Premiere of SNL....

Quote:
James

Hoops star LeBron James will host the season premiere of "Saturday Night Live."
"It's nice to get people who aren't in show business to host," "SNL" producer Steve Higgins told Daily Variety. "Sports stars tend to be less frightened because they are used to performing in a live setting."

With James, who took the Cleveland Cavaliers to the NBA Finals this year, "SNL" hopes to reprise the successful perf of Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who hosted the show last season.

Head writer Seth Meyers called Manning "a great sport." "He showed up and right off the bat wanted to do a skit where he was mean to kids," he said during the "SNL" presentation at the Television Critics Assn. press tour in Beverly Hills.

"Saturday Night Live" exec producer Lorne Michaels said he is in talks with Maya Rudolph but expects all 11 thesps in the current cast to return to the show in the fall.

Thats cool...i just hope he is doing what he needs to do bball wise over the summer...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron to Host Season Premiere of SNL....

i hope they bring back the sketch where charles barkley beat the living sh!t out of barney. that was the greatest.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i hope they bring back the sketch where charles barkley beat the living sh!t out of barney. that was the greatest.
i never saw that one...
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Forget SNL, he should be hostin' In Living Color's season premiere.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Damn Lebron is getting a lot of offers. He was pretty good in the ESPYs so I guess this is good. Yeah I hope he still is doing all that he needs to b-ball wise too.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:07 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

I can't see him out-doing Peryton' episode on SNL. If you haven't seen it and want to laugh, it's a must see.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron James was 9 years old when In Living Color went off the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Forget SNL, he should be hostin' In Living Color's season premiere.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Forget SNL and In Living Color, he needs to work on having a ****ing jumpshot.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:10 PM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Lebron needs to work his freethrows.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 PM   #10
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

was Lebron good at the Espys? I didn't watch it but juding from what I've seen from Lebron I dunno about him hosting SNL... he's too stiff to be pulling comedy in my opinion. BUT again, I haven't seen the Espy so maybe the Espy proved me wrong?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
was Lebron good at the Espys? I didn't watch it but juding from what I've seen from Lebron I dunno about him hosting SNL... he's too stiff to be pulling comedy in my opinion. BUT again, I haven't seen the Espy so maybe the Espy proved me wrong?
All I watched was him opening the show in Hammer Pants singing his version of Britney Spear's My perrogative.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #12
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Talking Re: Lebron to Host Season Premiere of SNL....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAFRk4_bmC8

LeBron " Busta Rhymes" James
Lebron23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #13
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Lebron needs to work his freethrows.

A few jumpshots wouldn't hurt either.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: