Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: JM retiring GoBB abandoning Z'Z

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    I read it again to see what LeBron23 and Catz found funny about the OP. Can either of you point out the hilarity?
    I just like a good GOBB roasting... Who doesn't?

Cornell Basketball=#1

I read it again to see what LeBron23 and Catz found funny about the OP. Can either of you point out the hilarity?
    catz is a very easily entertained person

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNader
    catz is a very easily entertained person
    And the point is...?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    #1 Gobb = mature? Interesting.

#2, i'm 21 so i'm not a child. It's not so much about the age, it's about being that age and having THAT much time to spend on the internet. People 30+ have jobs/lives, so they can't afford to spend the amount of time on here that Gobb does.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't use him as an example. However, I do believe there are a number of posters here that are older than 30 that I do enjoy reading.

2. Yeah, but you made it seem like even posting once a day could be considered as some monstrosity. Unless my love for basketball just ends someday, which I doubt it ever will, I'll always check out basketball forums and post for conversations.

Edit: Although GOBB does have his good days...

Certified ISHiot.

can someone explain to me what exactly is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    Yeah, that's why I didn't use him as an example. However, I do believe there are a number of posters here that are older than 30 that I do enjoy reading.

2. Yeah, but you made it seem like even posting once a day could be considered as some monstrosity. Unless my love for basketball just ends someday, which I doubt it ever will, I'll always check out basketball forums and post for conversations.
    ok, i phrased it wrong. there are a lot of 40+ year old posters on this site that i do like and respect, but how can someone that age be the post leader by far on this board? I just don't understand it. Everything should have its limits. It's not like everyone of his posts are so wonderful. I remember last year when he probably got like 10-15 posts physically threatening Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    That was not good in any way shape or form. It seems pretty petty of you to force laughter just because GOBB is involved. I am guessing no matter what J$ would have typed you would have posted rolling smilies.

Why does the internet have to be so serious? Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    You consider this topic a roasting even after the topic starter deemed it "failure"

The only two laughing are you and Lebron23 (of all people!).

You smoke way too much.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I don't understand the fascination with people wanting to retire after a certain post count/age. Wouldn't when your interest has peaked be a more reasonable answer? It's like some of you come here only to get a larger post count to show off to the rest of the posters. What's the point? Do you ever come here just for the fun of talking basketball and OT?

I'll stop posting when I'm either too busy, or just not interested, and not when I reach a certain age or when I get 15k posts.

Edit: It's almost as if some of you treat this site as a second life, with the gimmick accounts and whatnot. It's sort of sad really... no offense to anybody here that likes gimmicks.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna "retire" based on a particular age or number of posts that I reach. I, like you, will retire when I feel like, and I may never retire from here - I might just post once in a way if I'm old.

Why does the internet have to be so serious? Can't we all just get along?
    This is the future we are entering, the Internet is getting more serious as we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Yeah, I'm not gonna "retire" based on a particular age or number of posts that I reach. I, like you, will retire when I feel like, and I may never retire from here - I might just post once in a way if I'm old.
    Exactly. My point was misunderstood. Ok, I gave an exact number, but my point was merely that i'm not gonna be posting 100 times a day when i'm in my 40s. Of course anyone can use the internet and use a message board but spending an entire day on here is not something I want to be doing. Agree or disagree if you want. i'm done with this thread, no point in arguing.

#2, i'm 21 so i'm not a child. It's not so much about the age, it's about being that age and having THAT much time to spend on the internet. People 30+ have jobs/lives, so they can't afford to spend the amount of time on here that Gobb does.
    A 21 year old should have far less free time than the 30+ers. At 21, you just hit the age where you can legally drink at bars and such while the 30+ers have done that a million times.

NBA sixth man of the year

ok, i phrased it wrong. there are a lot of 40+ year old posters on this site that i do like and respect, but how can someone that age be the post leader by far on this board? I just don't understand it. Everything should have its limits. It's not like everyone of his posts are so wonderful. I remember last year when he probably got like 10-15 posts physically threatening Jeff.
    Ok, so you just misphrased it. That whole argument was useless. Don't you love forums?

Exactly. My point was misunderstood. Ok, I gave an exact number, but my point was merely that i'm not gonna be posting 100 times a day when i'm in my 40s. Of course anyone can use the internet and use a message board but spending an entire day on here is not something I want to be doing. Agree or disagree if you want. i'm done with this thread, no point in arguing.
    You're 21, you should be hitting bars, clubs, scoring with trannies, smoking crack and all that fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    SoCal is #2 on the post list. He has a wife and kids. Plus job/career. Also mature.

Like with each reply you make? It gets smacked out the ballpark.
    Also? SoCal's maturity >>>>>>> your maturity. I think that's as near a fact as anything i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    You're 21, you should be hitting bars, clubs, scoring with trannies, smoking crack and all that fun stuff.
    5 posts a day. i'm on here usually a couple of hours max.