Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Suns release Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Come to think of it, the Heat's draft history since Dwyane Wade is pretty awful... even if they obviously haven't been focusing on the draft the last few years.

2004 - Dorrell Wright (19), Pape Sow (47), Matt Freije (53)
    2005 - Wayne Simien (29)
    2006 - N/A
    2007 - Jason Smith (20), Stanko Barac (39)
    2008 - Michael Beasley (2), Darnell Jackson (52)*
    2009 - Marcus Thornton (43), Robert Dozier (60)
    2010 - Dexter Pittman (32), Jarvis Varnado (41), Da'Sean Butler (42), Latavious Williams (48)
    2011 - Bogan Bogdanovic (31)
    2012 - Arnett Moultrie (27)

*Later traded 2nd round picks/cash for Mario Chalmers

Really, the trade for Chalmers in '08 is the only draft night win they've had in the last eight years. Granted, most of these were relatively low picks, but you will see most teams hit at least a couple times on mid-first rounders or even an occasional second rounder.

Luckily, they're much better when it comes to free agency.
    I would say it was still a 'pass' overall - there is some talent there.
    Jerry West would have taken Beasley at 2 so I don't think it was too large of an error. I'd say he played his best at Miami, and by that I mean they at least had him growing in areas like team play, defensive rotations, discipline, etc.
    But yeah FA was the focus, and he was moved on to facilitate that.

Posters here actually used to smash Pat Riley over the trade, said they would be better off with him than Bosh.

It could have been worse, they could have selected Joe Alexander at 8.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I would say it was still a 'pass' overall - there is some talent there.
    Jerry West would have taken Beasley at 2 so I don't think it was too large of an error. I'd say he played his best at Miami, and by that I mean they at least had him growing in areas like team play, defensive rotations, discipline, etc.
    But yeah FA was the focus, and he was moved on to facilitate that.

Posters here actually used to smash Pat Riley over the trade, said they would be better off with him than Bosh.

It could have been worse, they could have selected Joe Alexander at 8.

I guess it can always be worse. I have to wonder, though, if there has ever been a back-to-back NBA championship team without a single guy on the active roster selected by that team in the previous nine drafts? That's pretty crazy when you really think about it.

Obviously Chalmers was a pretty big part of both runs, but he technically wasn't picked by Miami. Same thing with Norris Cole (though he had basically no role anyway). Pittman was on the team for both championships, but I don't believe he was active for the last one (maybe not the first one either).

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The NBA is probably the first time in his life wherein his natural gifts were not enough to be a standout player. My guess is, when he experienced that feeling of going against guys as talented as him who actually work at their craft every day, his confidence took a hit and he pretty much gave up on the game.
    Pretty good observation.

That's pretty much what I think happened to Beazley too, that along with a drug habit killed his motivation.

Can't believe people are still hoping for their team to sign that little loser...

And i thought he was going to be a Jamison 2.0 lol

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Anyone have an explanation for why hes gotten worse every season? He showed lots of potential as a small mobile stretch 4 his first season. I mean, I think hes been stuffed in some awful roles but still its awfully odd.
    He isn't a 3. He was good with the Wolves because he was more of a post up 3 than an outside 3 which is what he seemed to be with the Suns.

Dude legitimately has problems as well. If he misses his first shot or gets a turnover his confidence gets destroyed straight away and he will be awful the rest of the game.

Somebody will take a chance on him but who?

If I am Beasley I'll play in the euroleague, or in Asia if he wants to get his swagger and confidence back.

Banned

So many options!

I will LOL so hard if the Lakers sign his whack ass. Biggest on the court cancer I've ever seen. Put him in and your team just instantly collapses and starts getting blown out. Dude doesn't deserve to be in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Dude needs to go to the Thunder. His best friend is Durant.
    That's the only team I can possibly see him turning his career around for the better. It's go to the Thunder or GTFO of the NBA for Beasley.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Bulls should go after him and they'd have the first two busts of the '08 draft.
    Fixed

waste of talent, sure he'll end up on another roster.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Actually surprised he can't seem to carve himself out a role as 17-22 PPG scorer on a lotto team. Had that one season in Minny where it looked like it was going to happen. Always thought going Miami killed his development because he wasn't allowed to make mistakes and just play it out with the green light similar to Durant as a rookie in OKC.

Seems like he's just an idiot. Turning 25 this season too, super cool bease be busting hard.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Actually surprised he can't seem to carve himself out a role as 17-22 PPG scorer on a lotto team. Had that one season in Minny where it looked like it was going to happen. Always thought going Miami killed his development because he wasn't allowed to make mistakes and just play it out with the green light similar to Durant as a rookie in OKC.

Seems like he's just an idiot. Turning 25 this season too, super cool bease be busting hard.
    must be the mental aspect or wrong decisions, bad influence, lack of guidance in your life etc