Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers and Mavs Both Trying to Put Together Trade Offers for Kevin Love

Gasol to Minne would stick just because of Rubio, everyone should know that.

College star

Default Re: Lakers and Mavs Both Trying to Put Together Trade Offers for Kevin Love

Mitch shouldn't do it. Don't give up one of the only draft picks you have that's likely guaranteed to be Top 6 for anyone not named LeBron or KD.

You'll literally end up like the Knicks down the road. A max player who isn't good enough to win a championship without serious pieces added around him, another max player whose health and cap hit will cripple their chances of contending until he's off the books, and no resources available to make any other moves because you traded your draft picks away like dumbasses.

Also, what do the Mavs do with Love and Dirk? Love play the 3? Dirk play the 5?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont **** with Kevin Love...but Love is a 25 year old star. Id take him over a potential star in the draft.

Very good NBA starter

The Lakers should be up for getting Love if there's a trade that would still leave them with capspace to sign Melo. Otherwise just be patient and wait it out.

Cali Love

keep the pick and draft embiid or exum

we can sign love next year

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Not sure how I feel about this. I'm not a big fan of Love's game and this would hurt our tanking chances, but obviously we need talent in the long term.

Love how Lakers stan think its a lock for #1 draft pick if they keep tanking ........This is not the NFL....

You can't trade consecutive first round picks. I'm not even sure when the next Laker pick is trade eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    You can't trade consecutive first round picks. I'm not even sure when the next Laker pick is trade eligible.
    Yeah you can, you can trade your pick every single year. You just can't at any moment have two consecutive picks traded at the same time. But once the draft passes you can trade your next pick again.

At least that's how I always thought it was

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Love how Lakers stan think its a lock for #1 draft pick if they keep tanking ........This is not the NFL....
    When did I say anything about the #1 pick? Anything in the top four is fine.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    There's a way around that. It's called pick swap.

And we can put this to rest
    Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson 1m
    Told a lot more teams than the Lakers & Mavs have called or texted Flip/Milt inquiring about Love. Doesn't matter. Not moving now. #twolves
    Expand

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Yeah you can, you can trade your pick every single year. You just can't at any moment have two consecutive picks traded at the same time. But once the draft passes you can trade your next pick again.

At least that's how I always thought it was
    Thats how I read it too.

But the Lakers still owe the Suns their 2015 pick in the Nash trade. I think it's like top 10 protected. So they legally can't move their 2014 pick until draft day I think.

And then, the Lakers owe Orlando the next eligible 1st round pick in the Dwight Howard trade. Which would be the 2017 pick I think, since they can't move their 2016 pick

oh how excited I was about those two deals the day they each happened

But I doubt Flip is going to move Love

Lakers can't even use their only trade asset until draft day. smh

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

I hope not.

Kevin Love is coming to the Suns via free agent.

Lakers wouldnt trade their pick for Love, even if they could

How stupid would that be? Love is gonna be a Laker the first chance he gets