Home of the 16

Exclamation 1930's Dashcam Footage - Driving Through Beverly Hills

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: 1930's Dashcam Footage - Driving Through Beverly Hills

All those cars are worth a fortune now if in good condition or properly restored.

Not really any street lanes, cars were just kinds swerving where ever.

The condition of the street looks pretty good. No potholes and shit.

https://cdn.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...6b&ec_rate=230

Sad how structured and regimented and bureaucratic everything has become since then.
    Last edited by Dresta; 02-24-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Sad how structured and regimented and bureaucratic everything has become since then.
    yea **** street laws

Oh yes: joyful modernity!

Looks like much more fun.

Everything looks so new in that footage. Kind of reminds me of footage I've seen of my hometown from a long time ago. I've got footage of the city I grew up in from like 1929 - some festival in the town square.

And I've got footage from my families old 8mm tapes of that same town square in 1969, in color.

And then I've got my childhood memories, and can drive through that same square any time I want as it is still somewhat nearby where I live now.

It got progressively worse. It was as big if not bigger than Cleveland architecturally (1929 footage of Cleveland) in the 1929 footage and everything looked brand new. By 1969 the architecture had not changed (IE, improved, like how Cleveland became a city with a few skyscrapers by that time this city in question stagnated with construction save for one giant church but that church was built in place of a commerce building that was torn down to make room). By the late 1980's to early 1990's this place still had all the same architecture only in a deteriorated state - potholes in every road, etc. Meanwhile Cleveland had a modern skyline.

Some areas evolve over time and get better. Some areas just stagnate others erode. I wonder what that area in the OP looks like now if anyone has filmed that same street in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Everything looks so new in that footage. Kind of reminds me of footage I've seen of my hometown from a long time ago. I've got footage of the city I grew up in from like 1929 - some festival in the town square.

And I've got footage from my families old 8mm tapes of that same town square in 1969, in color.

And then I've got my childhood memories, and can drive through that same square any time I want as it is still somewhat nearby where I live now.

It got progressively worse. It was as big if not bigger than Cleveland architecturally (1929 footage of Cleveland) in the 1929 footage and everything looked brand new. By 1969 the architecture had not changed (IE, improved, like how Cleveland became a city with a few skyscrapers by that time this city in question stagnated with construction save for one giant church but that church was built in place of a commerce building that was torn down to make room). By the late 1980's to early 1990's this place still had all the same architecture only in a deteriorated state - potholes in every road, etc. Meanwhile Cleveland had a modern skyline.

Some areas evolve over time and get better. Some areas just stagnate others erode. I wonder what that area in the OP looks like now if anyone has filmed that same street in recent years.
    Already posted it:

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    OH my bad thanks

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Well, it's Beverly Hills, can only assume it got better. lol

Cool vid.