Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Jonas Valanciunas - possible top 5 pick

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    His ceiling is Tyson Chandler.
    Still worth a top 5 pick. Look at Chandler's impact on the Mavs this year.

@ madmax

there are some good players in this draft i dont know whats with the weak draft talk
    i guess we will see few years from now

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    He's extremely quick and fast.. Has some decent handles but he seems to turn the ball over alot. Nonetheless he seems like a good NBA prospect.
    Yeah, he need to slow down a bit sometimes and improve decision making. I hope he will get it with experience as he gets older. Now, he's just a very athletic player with lots of offensive potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Still worth a top 5 pick. Look at Chandler's impact on the Mavs this year.

@ madmax
    what is your issue with me anyway dude? I've expressed my opinion and you said yours - now how about you stop stalking me and wait to see how this kid develops?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    there are some good players in this draft i dont know whats with the weak draft talk
    i guess we will see few years from now
    I think discussing the strength of a draft prior to any of these guys playing a single NBA game is senseless. I mean, I understand that people like to use their own evaluations to project how players will turn out on the next level, but no one really knows if this is a strong draft, a weak draft or a mediocre draft.

We can check back in a few years from now and then have a real idea about the strength of this draft. I agree with you... There is a lot of potential in this draft, especially at the top.

There seems to be a few really nice international prospects in Valanciunas, Kanter, Vesely, Biyombo and Motiejunas. All of those guys may be gone within the Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    what is your issue with me anyway dude? I've expressed my opinion and you said yours - now how about you stop stalking me and wait to see how this kid develops?
    Stalking? Reread the definition.

My issue is that it's easy to dismiss someone and say they have no idea what they're talking about and then come in a few months later and repeat the same exact thing I said and pretend your moronic earlier remarks were never said.

Pretty much what it comes down to is that you're a hypocrite and you were wrong, I was right. As usual.

I usually hit open layups

I cannot believe you people are getting hyped over an under 18 Euro comp!

Who else is sick and tired of all these Euro's being hyped to be the next big thing?

The are only 2 players that have panned out in recent years to become superstars and thats Dirk and Pau Gasol (no Marc is not a superstar, and does not have the talent to become one).

The 2 Italians (Barganni and Gallinari) at best will be borderline allstars, but have yet done jack sh!t with the opportunities given to them....be interested to see how long the Raptors will keep packaging Barganni as its 'franchise' player

The vast majority of Euro's get exposed in the NBA, and most become average at best!

Quote Originally Posted by nerds
    I cannot believe you people are getting hyped over an under 18 Euro comp!

Who else is sick and tired of all these Euro's being hyped to be the next big thing?

The are only 2 players that have panned out in recent years to become superstars and thats Dirk and Pau Gasol (no Marc is not a superstar, and does not have the talent to become one).

The 2 Italians (Barganni and Gallinari) at best will be borderline allstars, but have yet done jack sh!t with the opportunities given to them....be interested to see how long the Raptors will keep packaging Barganni as its 'franchise' player

The vast majority of Euro's get exposed in the NBA, and most become average at best!
    Wait are you actually implying that guys like Bargnani, Galinari, and Valanciunas are among the best European players.......................

Yeah, they are nothing more than an average European players. News flash genius, the NBA likes to draft players based solely on hype and nothing more. Hype they create themselves.

Just like how Rubio is an awful Euroleague player.

9 out of 10 of the best European players are never drafted genius.

Seriously, Bargnani and Galinari? You have got to be kidding me. They would just be average players in the Euroleague.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Stalking? Reread the definition.

My issue is that it's easy to dismiss someone and say they have no idea what they're talking about and then come in a few months later and repeat the same exact thing I said and pretend your moronic earlier remarks were never said.

Pretty much what it comes down to is that you're a hypocrite and you were wrong, I was right. As usual.
    How old are you? Really?! Can no-one have a differing opinion to you? You have shown to have a great knowledge of a solid young prospect, and that's great, but why is madmax not allowed to give his take on a prospect?

Yeah, I know I've only got a handful of posts, but that doesn't mean I don't lurk hear all the ****ing time. You are a **** to most people on this forum, and something needs to be said about it.

Go **** yourself, you ****ing child.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenttristo
    How old are you? Really?! Can no-one have a differing opinion to you? You have shown to have a great knowledge of a solid young prospect, and that's great, but why is madmax not allowed to give his take on a prospect?

Yeah, I know I've only got a handful of posts, but that doesn't mean I don't lurk hear all the ****ing time. You are a **** to most people on this forum, and something needs to be said about it.

Go **** yourself, you ****ing child.
    Well he's pretty well versed in NBA, college, high school, 12 & under, semi pro and any international league outside of America. I remember he talked about a guy in Philly who played at a local rec league and broke down his game. Amazing to say the least. Somewhere a 6yr old is getting yelled at by mum for making a ton of noise on his nerf set. But Grinder has the scouting report on the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Wait are you actually implying that guys like Bargnani, Galinari, and Valanciunas are among the best European players.......................

Yeah, they are nothing more than an average European players. News flash genius, the NBA likes to draft players based solely on hype and nothing more. Hype they create themselves.

Just like how Rubio is an awful Euroleague player.

9 out of 10 of the best European players are never drafted genius.

Seriously, Bargnani and Galinari? You have got to be kidding me. They would just be average players in the Euroleague.
    Tell me more, who is the best Euro players and how good would they be in the NBA right now?

Here we go again.

Banned

slow feet but good hands, will be a serviceable big but nothing spectacular

even if he's drafted this year he's still years away from being an NBA player

lol @ comparing him to chandler. he wishes he is anywhere nearly as athletic as chandler.

A little strange Jonas highlights from the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLa5yFCF6Go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAiv2EOsx8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Tell me more, who is the best Euro players and how good would they be in the NBA right now?
    He will tell you that this guy