Exclamation Raptors' Patrick Patterson is out 7 to 10 days

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/09...t-7-to-10-days

[QUOTE]MINNEAPOLIS - The Raptors suffered a major loss before even taking the court on Sunday night.

Dwane Casey broke the bad news pre-game that sixth man Patrick Patterson would be lost for at least the next 7-10 days after aggravating an elbow injury against Sacramento on Friday.

Patterson had been playing through the original injury and playing the best basketball of his career (9.7 points and 5.2 rebounds per game on 43% three-point shooting as a Raptor), but doctors have recommended rest for what has been termed a right ulnar collateral sprain.

Default Re: Raptors' Patrick Patterson is out 7 to 10 days

Hoping everyone is healthy heading into the playoffs. While we have depth at PF, losing him would be a massive blow. For the Raptors to win a series, they need their core 8 to be healthy (Val, Amir, Ross, DeMar, Lowry, Patterson, Salmons and Vasquez). The guy they can sort of run without would be Vasquez (let Salmons play backup point), but everyone else I believe is important for this team to be successful. This team doesn't rely on one player game in and game out, they rely on depth and the core pieces are important for this year. Raptors get considerably worse. The game against Washington, losing Ross was a huge blow.

Going into next year, I think Raptors need someone who can handle the ball at the backup wing spot and another shooter off the bench (Meeks? - I would really like him as a backup SG). While Salmons doesn't shoot the ball great, his ballhandling, playmaking and defense is needed on this team. The hope for next year would be Ross improves ballhandling and he can sort of cement himself as a consistent player worthy of playing the 4th quarter night in and night out. Salmons might be brought back, but not for the 7mil he's owed (team option). Vasquez is a replaceable guard and a backup, but he's on for cheap next year, he'll be back.