Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Second Round Preview - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

I have the Mavs winning in 7 in the prediction thread

This should be a VERY interesting series, the match up I'm looking forward to most is Kidd vs Fisher.

LA in 5 it will be a easier test than what they got against hornets

Banned

LA will sweep. fk Kobe.

Banned

Lakers in 2.

I don't really care because that's the second year the Lakers just frolick through Western conference. No other team has it that easy. Last year : OKC , Utah , Phoenix.. This year NO and Dallas. But, yes, OKC may be waay too tough this year.

I don't even dare to say it, but maybe i'd rather see OKC : Heat. Kobe vs. Lebron, Jackson legacy, Kobe pretend legacy.. Meh. OKC is great. But yeah yeah, mea culpa, maybe I'm a bit impatient and Kobe deserves this last title.

Very good NBA starter

Nobody will challenge lakers until OKC

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Hard to see Dallas winning this series. Kidd needs to play aggressive to exploit the match up with Derek Fisher. If Caron Butler returns at about 80-85% then the Mavericks may have a chance to pull it out. They have two big bodies to throw at the Laker bigs, but Chandler and Haywood have to play very well. Dirk will be Dirk, but he'll probably have to score a little better in this series than he did against Portland.

Unfortunately I'll go with Lakers in 6 possibly 7. I hope I'm wrong though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Hard to see Dallas winning this series. Kidd needs to play aggressive to exploit the match up with Derek Fisher. If Caron Butler returns at about 80-85% then the Mavericks may have a chance to pull it out. They have two big bodies to throw at the Laker bigs, but Chandler and Haywood have to play very well. Dirk will be Dirk, but he'll probably have to score a little better in this series than he did against Portland.

Unfortunately I'll go with Lakers in 6 possibly 7. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Yea.

Butler coming back at 85% seems like a pipe dream, but it would be huge.

Roddy is actually key in this series in my opinion....as is barea. They both are going to have to relentlessly attack and penetrate and set others up. Kidd can't do that. Kidd's value will be that he can spot up for threes and defend Kobe pretty well in spurts.

Dirk isn't capable of scoring much better. He averaged 27 for the series against portland. A few years ago Dirk might have been capable of going for 30 in this series, but not now.

Its just a tough matchup for the Mavs even if they had butler and roddy ready to go. Without them, I just don't give us much of a chance at all.

Default Re: The Last time the Lakers-Mavs played each other in the postseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Harion
    how can the Mavs match up to the Lakers' length?
    they have a handful of 7footers themselves. Tyson gives Bynum trouble, and Haywood comes in and gets some good rebounds. Dirk will be Dirk. They also have some scrubs who have size as well. They also have a bunch of wings to throw at Bryant.

Lets hope Cuban keeps him mouth shut while in LA... don't need "An NBA owner gets they crap beat out of him" headlines in the Times.

That Worthy deal, do you know who nixed it? I can't quite remember, was it Magic? I think it was West but I cannot recall. Buss was ready to do it, right?

Did any of you guys here that Blazer fan toward the end of the game yelling at Dirk when he was shooting freethrows?

"Dirk you gunna get swept by the Lakers!" TNT's mics picked it up pretty good.
    Any how because of this...Lakers in 4.

I think that was Glide saying that.

This is going to be a testy, and entertaining series. Would love to see the Mavs win, but I think the Lakers will win this in 6 or 7.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: The Last time the Lakers-Mavs played each other in the postseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    That Worthy deal, do you know who nixed it? I can't quite remember, was it Magic? I think it was West but I cannot recall. Buss was ready to do it, right?
    I'll check, I have an article about it saved somewhere.

Edit: Yeah Jerry West threatened to quit if the deal went through so it was nixed.
    Last edited by ProfessorMurder; 04-29-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

LMAO great pic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
    What the mentally ill Lakers fans keep forgetting is that you beat Dallas during the idiotic Beaubois experiment. When Stevenson started, Mavs beat the piss out of the Lakers. The Mavs' defensive lineup is going to give the Lakers some major fits, and my prediction is Dallas in 6.
    ur a dallas mavericks version of sinjackal u annyoing ***

Quote Originally Posted by FadeAwayJ13
    I'm honestly excited for the Dirk and Pau matchup. There will be so much marshmallowlly softness and flailing... it will be absolutely delightful.

so true... battle of the softy euros lol.