Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 2008 Draft

Wow, my excitement for next year has just gone up again. As if it weren't enough that we get Oden and possibly Rudy Fernandez next year, but I just read that we have 4 draft picks in the upcoming draft. I'm not sure where they are, but I'm guessing three of them are in the 2nd round (I would be pleasantly surprised if we have somebody else's 1st rounder). Sounds like we will definitely be making another splash in the draft. Can you say trades coming?
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2008 Draft

Wow... we have four picks? Maybe we can trade up for a really talented pure PG.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I found out what the picks are. We have our own 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder from Phx, Memphis and New York. The Memphis and New York ones should be earlier 2nd rounders. Nice.

Seattle has our original 2nd rounder (I assume it was one that we sent to Phoenix originally).
Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 AM   #4
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has an OK reputation so far

I doubt we will use any of those 2nd rounders. They will probably be traded away for a player or used to move up in the draft.

We dont have any roster spots for those 2nd rounders anyways.

I would like to see KP trade all of our picks+JJ+Frye to move up and grab OJ Mayo or Eric Gordon.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
Myth

There is still a good chance we'd use 1 or maybe even 2 of them, but they'd be on foreign players so they won't have to be on our roster this upcoming season.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Mayo wouldn't work here. He's not a good enough shooter to play SG in Nate's system and he's not Nate's type of PG. I think they will definitly trade up and grab the Italian so they can have a solid backup to Roy but I'd love to see the Blazers snab Darren Collison out of UCLA. Hes the best PG in the draft. Rose and Mayo are undersized shooting guards like a Stehpon Marbury and Steve Francis. I would also want Eric Gordon if James Jones walks.

Myth made a good point. If we use more than one pick then it'll probably be on Euro players so that they don't have to make roster room immediatly and buy out Miles and LaFrentz to make room.

I think it's 50/50 that Portland either uses the picks to move up or package them with a young player and one of the two huge contracts.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
Myth

Not only does Mayo not work for Nate, the whole franchise wouldn't want him. We spent the last few years getting players that want to be part of a team. Mayo has more of that "me" attitude.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Mayo wouldn't work here. He's not a good enough shooter to play SG in Nate's system and he's not Nate's type of PG. I think they will definitly trade up and grab the Italian so they can have a solid backup to Roy but I'd love to see the Blazers snab Darren Collison out of UCLA. Hes the best PG in the draft. Rose and Mayo are undersized shooting guards like a Stehpon Marbury and Steve Francis. I would also want Eric Gordon if James Jones walks.

Myth made a good point. If we use more than one pick then it'll probably be on Euro players so that they don't have to make roster room immediatly and buy out Miles and LaFrentz to make room.

I think it's 50/50 that Portland either uses the picks to move up or package them with a young player and one of the two huge contracts.

Derick Rose is BY FAR the best pg in this draft. He is lightyears ahead of Daren Collison. Rose is the only pure pg in the draft. Have you watched him this year? He is NOT "just an undersized sg" hes not a chucker like OJ and Gordon. Rose runs the offense, manages his assist/turnover ratio. Rose is freakishly athletic and fast. He isnt a shoot first pg like OJ or Eric Gordon. Derick Rose is BY FAR the best pg in this draft.

Look at all the mock dratfs, if Collison was better than Rose wouldnt he get drafted before him? In all the mocks Rose is #2 and the earliest i have seen Collison is #13. Thats a pretty big drop off.......
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Myth

I would LOVE to have Rose. Beasley would be nice too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: