Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
deetyme
Can barely lace up my sneakers

deetyme has an OK reputation so far
Default Top 20 Teams in The NBA

I've listed the rankings of the top 20 teams or power ratings in my opinion. Feel free to give your input on my list I'll like to know what y'all think.

1. Dallas – They improved their team that made it to the Finals without losing much. They lost a series that was theirs to lose with being up 2-0, but additions such as George, Buckner, Croshere, and Anthony Johnson, should provide added depth and better perimeter shooting.
2. San Antonio – Although, the Spurs lost Nzar Mohammed and Rasho to free agency and trade respectively, they got younger and more athletic bigs in their place. Look for the Spurs to jump out the gate early in the season in a push to for home-court advantage over Dallas and other contenders. Also look for them to do some tweaking with the roster via trade before the deadline approaches.
3. Miami – The reason the champs are third simply because I think they did not get any better this off-season. Sure bringing back everyone should help them to build better chemistry off what they accomplished last season, but realistically all the contenders got better. And the Heat team as a whole is getting older. The age of this team, if injuries come about, could have a big impact on whether or not they repeat. If they can stay healthy, look for them to be in the thick of things down the stretch.
4. Phoenix – The Suns could be scary this season, especially if Amare is able to come back healthy and become cohesive with the other players that were added last year that played well in his absence along with new additions of this summer. Banks and Jumaine Jones should help out a lot for a team that went to the Conference Finals two years in a row. This very well could be the year that they make it to the Finals.
5. Detroit – The Pistons should be fine this year even without Big Ben. Mohammed should be a solid replacement and Flip Murray can provide the bench support they lacked last year. That is if Flip Sanders will trust the reserves this year.
6. Cleveland – They are headed in the right direction coming off a strong playoff run. Guard play should be better this year with additions of Wesley, Brown, and Gibson. Wesley brings veteran leadership and can knock down open shots, something D-Jones could not do consistently.
7. New Jersey – The Nets should have a solid season especially with the added depth to their bench. Antoine Wright should be better this year and adding House can also bring a spark off the bench. And let’s not forget the future point guard of the Nets, Marcus Williams who can learn from one of the best in the game.
8. LA Clippers – I think Sterling is finally starting to commit to winning games with the re-signing of Cassell and addition of Tim Thomas, along with bench support added. The Clips should be just as good if not better than last years team. Be on the lookout for the changing of the guards as Livingston to be in transition of running the team in the near future.
9. Chicago – I like the additions the Bulls made this off-season, and believe no one will want to play the Bulls in the playoffs. Big Ben should bring valuable leadership and experience to a rather young but talented team bringing them closer to being considered contenders.
10. Denver – Nuggets should be slightly better than last year considering if their locker room drama of the playoffs can be resolved. It’s gonna be a make or break year for the Nuggets but especially J.R. Smith. With Denver signing Nene’ to a max deal ( $60 million) and resigning Evans, look for them to possibly package a few of their bigs for a shooter. They have too much money inested into them and not enough time for them all to play.
11. LA Lakers – The additions of Mo Evans, V-Rad, and Shammond Williams, should give the Lakers much needed depth and perimeter shooting which they lacked and hurt them in the playoffs. The combo of Kobe & Odom should be even better with the help provided making them a much stronger team all around.
12. Houston – It’s wait and see for me with the Rockets. When healthy T-Mac and Yao are arguably the best 1-2 punch in the league. And if they are, I can see them going far in the playoffs, simply because the two of them are that good. Now with the additions of Battier, V-Span, Novak, Snyder, Jacobsen, and Lucas, they have a stronger supporting cast than the previous year. In order for them to make a long run in the post-season, their off season moves have to pan out they can also use a little luck.
13. New Orleans – They basically have a new team to go around Chris Paul. Peja, Tyson, and B-Jax, puts this team in the running for the playoffs. If they are able to make the pieces mesh well, they could be a very scary opponent.
14. Orlando – The Magic went out last season with on heck of a push for playoffs to only come up short. Howard, Nelson, and Darko, should be a lot better this year and Redick could be a solid gunner playing with a player like Howard that will demand the double team.
15. Indiana – Pacers are trying to get back to the elite status of old while changing their style of pay to a more up tempo game. Harrington should provide the versatility in their lineup so that they can play different styles depending on who they play.
16. Washington – I don’t think the Wizards improved this off season maybe a step back. Although, they were able to lock up Eddie Jordan and Arenas, I’m uncertain how far they go in post season if they are able to make it. We’ll see how Stevenson pans out for them as a replacement for Jefferies. If they go after Wells it could possibly increase their chance at a post season run. Just a thought.
17. Sacramento – They should be good just not as good as they were in the 2nd half of the last season. Not having Wells back hurts them somewhat, but they have a mixture of youth and experience that could be the difference maker.
18. Memphis – Like Washington I feel they took a step back, but they did get some good young talent that makes their future a little brighter. With Gasol out 4 months with his foot injury, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs unless the team is able to stay afloat until Gasol’s return. I don’t think they will be able to do that but we shall see.
19. Seattle – Sonics were able to resign Wilcox to play along side of Allen and Lewis. They should be a pretty good team, but being in the Western Conference it will be hard for them to make the Playoffs.
20. Milwaukee – With the trade of T.J. Ford for Charlie V, the Bucks have the confidence that Mo Williams can run the show for them and moved Magloire to placed Bogut at the center. But I feel they continue to build the team around Redd and not Bogut.
deetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

^ hey bro ... i like ur honesty but come on man. u made some great pointers on all of the teams but i have a question for u...u really think the nets are better than the kings and hornets??? indiana lost alot with austin , johnson ...who i may add saved their ass in the playoffs for a bunch of scrubs???
CLEVLAND AT NUMBER 6????? bro bro bro clevland is not better than the clippers bro DENVER??? over the kings lakers and huston????? come on bro give me a break

the kings only lost bonzi but got 2 other additions who is going to help the squad....they still have artest bibby and miller ...one man doesnt kill the standings that dramaticlly unless ur the lakers and they lost kobe.

well ne way thats ur opinion i cant condem u for that... nice post tho
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think everything was accurate...Nets play a running game that gets them lotsa wins dring the season I see them pretty high.

my only thing is 16 teams make the playoffs..so why are we looking at the last 4?

lol. Just my opinion. but everything was cool.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

I have to say, apart from having cleveland so high, that list could be really accurate.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
deetyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think everything was accurate...Nets play a running game that gets them lotsa wins dring the season I see them pretty high.

my only thing is 16 teams make the playoffs..so why are we looking at the last 4?

lol. Just my opinion. but everything was cool.

Because the teams between 14 - 20 can make the playoffs depending on who has a better season. As we all know every year there is a battle for the last spots in the playoffs so i just put the teams I felt would be in the running for those last coveted spots.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
deetyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
^ hey bro ... i like ur honesty but come on man. u made some great pointers on all of the teams but i have a question for u...u really think the nets are better than the kings and hornets??? indiana lost alot with austin , johnson ...who i may add saved their ass in the playoffs for a bunch of scrubs???
CLEVLAND AT NUMBER 6????? bro bro bro clevland is not better than the clippers bro DENVER??? over the kings lakers and huston????? come on bro give me a break

the kings only lost bonzi but got 2 other additions who is going to help the squad....they still have artest bibby and miller ...one man doesnt kill the standings that dramaticlly unless ur the lakers and they lost kobe.

well ne way thats ur opinion i cant condem u for that... nice post tho

I actually do think the Nets are better than both Kings n Hornets. My reason being 1. Nets are in the East- competition is not the same for Kings especially Hornets who are in arguably the toughest division in the league. 2.Kings have about 6 new players on their team - chemistry could be an issue. 3. Like Sactown, Hornets may have improved their talent but they have to make it work. 4. Wells replacement might have been cheaper, but the quality is not the same - Salmons is a deecent player but does not make the Kings any better than they were last yr.

Case in point, Nets are a proven team and can put up the wins during the season but may fade in the post season. But so will the Kings and Hornets.

And if you notice from my post the reason the Nuggets are were they are is simply because of what happened in playoffs. Again if that issue is resolved they could be higher.

Last edited by deetyme : 09-19-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetyme
Because the teams between 14 - 20 can make the playoffs depending on who has a better season. As we all know every year there is a battle for the last spots in the playoffs so i just put the teams I felt would be in the running for those last coveted spots.

Oh ok I understand now. Thanks!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i think the rankings are pretty acurate also. Good post!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:22 AM   #9
Mrclutch
Serious playground baller

Mrclutch has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

Excellent rankings
Mrclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #10
tbiggums

tbiggums has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I've listed the rankings of the top 20 teams or power ratings in my opinion. Feel free to give your input on my list I'll like to know what y'all think.

1. Dallas – They improved their team that made it to the Finals without losing much. They lost a series that was theirs to lose with being up 2-0, but additions such as George, Buckner, Croshere, and Anthony Johnson, should provide added depth and better perimeter shooting.
2. San Antonio – Although, the Spurs lost Nzar Mohammed and Rasho to free agency and trade respectively, they got younger and more athletic bigs in their place. Look for the Spurs to jump out the gate early in the season in a push to for home-court advantage over Dallas and other contenders. Also look for them to do some tweaking with the roster via trade before the deadline approaches.
3. Miami – The reason the champs are third simply because I think they did not get any better this off-season. Sure bringing back everyone should help them to build better chemistry off what they accomplished last season, but realistically all the contenders got better. And the Heat team as a whole is getting older. The age of this team, if injuries come about, could have a big impact on whether or not they repeat. If they can stay healthy, look for them to be in the thick of things down the stretch.
4. Phoenix – The Suns could be scary this season, especially if Amare is able to come back healthy and become cohesive with the other players that were added last year that played well in his absence along with new additions of this summer. Banks and Jumaine Jones should help out a lot for a team that went to the Conference Finals two years in a row. This very well could be the year that they make it to the Finals.
5. Detroit – The Pistons should be fine this year even without Big Ben. Mohammed should be a solid replacement and Flip Murray can provide the bench support they lacked last year. That is if Flip Sanders will trust the reserves this year.
6. Cleveland – They are headed in the right direction coming off a strong playoff run. Guard play should be better this year with additions of Wesley, Brown, and Gibson. Wesley brings veteran leadership and can knock down open shots, something D-Jones could not do consistently.
7. New Jersey – The Nets should have a solid season especially with the added depth to their bench. Antoine Wright should be better this year and adding House can also bring a spark off the bench. And let’s not forget the future point guard of the Nets, Marcus Williams who can learn from one of the best in the game.
8. LA Clippers – I think Sterling is finally starting to commit to winning games with the re-signing of Cassell and addition of Tim Thomas, along with bench support added. The Clips should be just as good if not better than last years team. Be on the lookout for the changing of the guards as Livingston to be in transition of running the team in the near future.
9. Chicago – I like the additions the Bulls made this off-season, and believe no one will want to play the Bulls in the playoffs. Big Ben should bring valuable leadership and experience to a rather young but talented team bringing them closer to being considered contenders.
10. Denver – Nuggets should be slightly better than last year considering if their locker room drama of the playoffs can be resolved. It’s gonna be a make or break year for the Nuggets but especially J.R. Smith. With Denver signing Nene’ to a max deal ( $60 million) and resigning Evans, look for them to possibly package a few of their bigs for a shooter. They have too much money inested into them and not enough time for them all to play.
11. LA Lakers – The additions of Mo Evans, V-Rad, and Shammond Williams, should give the Lakers much needed depth and perimeter shooting which they lacked and hurt them in the playoffs. The combo of Kobe & Odom should be even better with the help provided making them a much stronger team all around.
12. Houston – It’s wait and see for me with the Rockets. When healthy T-Mac and Yao are arguably the best 1-2 punch in the league. And if they are, I can see them going far in the playoffs, simply because the two of them are that good. Now with the additions of Battier, V-Span, Novak, Snyder, Jacobsen, and Lucas, they have a stronger supporting cast than the previous year. In order for them to make a long run in the post-season, their off season moves have to pan out they can also use a little luck.
13. New Orleans – They basically have a new team to go around Chris Paul. Peja, Tyson, and B-Jax, puts this team in the running for the playoffs. If they are able to make the pieces mesh well, they could be a very scary opponent.
14. Orlando – The Magic went out last season with on heck of a push for playoffs to only come up short. Howard, Nelson, and Darko, should be a lot better this year and Redick could be a solid gunner playing with a player like Howard that will demand the double team.
15. Indiana – Pacers are trying to get back to the elite status of old while changing their style of pay to a more up tempo game. Harrington should provide the versatility in their lineup so that they can play different styles depending on who they play.
16. Washington – I don’t think the Wizards improved this off season maybe a step back. Although, they were able to lock up Eddie Jordan and Arenas, I’m uncertain how far they go in post season if they are able to make it. We’ll see how Stevenson pans out for them as a replacement for Jefferies. If they go after Wells it could possibly increase their chance at a post season run. Just a thought.
17. Sacramento – They should be good just not as good as they were in the 2nd half of the last season. Not having Wells back hurts them somewhat, but they have a mixture of youth and experience that could be the difference maker.
18. Memphis – Like Washington I feel they took a step back, but they did get some good young talent that makes their future a little brighter. With Gasol out 4 months with his foot injury, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs unless the team is able to stay afloat until Gasol’s return. I don’t think they will be able to do that but we shall see.
19. Seattle – Sonics were able to resign Wilcox to play along side of Allen and Lewis. They should be a pretty good team, but being in the Western Conference it will be hard for them to make the Playoffs.
20. Milwaukee – With the trade of T.J. Ford for Charlie V, the Bucks have the confidence that Mo Williams can run the show for them and moved Magloire to placed Bogut at the center. But I feel they continue to build the team around Redd and not Bogut.

Question? Did You actually rank the Mavs # 1 because of where they finished last year or that you think these Mavs have a better team than San Antonio? Just Curious? Good Post. The Rockets should be higher in this ranking! Without those injuries last year they may have had a say in the way that the West turned out last year.

Last edited by tbiggums : 10-23-2006 at 04:09 PM.
tbiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
they lost them 2, but they also added Marquis Daniels, Harrington and Armstrong

who would you rather have have??
Daniels, Harrington and Armstrong or Johnson, Fred Jones, and Croshere????

i dont think its much of a debate

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 10-23-2006 at 03:22 PM.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

there are better teams than the Bucks not on this list...Timberwolves, Celtics, Sixers, Raptors...
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:11 AM   #13
Slickshot
I airball my layups

Slickshot has an OK reputation so far

Everything jus bout right cept Orlando shouldn't be that high at 14.
Slickshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #14
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

you think the pacers will be a 6-7 seed? i honestly think that they improved over the offseason..........id say 5 at lowest
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: