Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good college starter

Default Re: Mountain Lion vs. Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I have never owned a Mac before...my new MBA is coming in the mail though. Used Windows my entire life. Windows 7 is fantastic. I had to use my sister's laptop with 8 on it for a week and nearly killed my self at how painful it was.
    It's essentially the same after a few adjustments. Disable all the start menu and metro crap, and change the default apps (seriously, what were they thinking with full-screen apps?) and you get a better version of Windows 7.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Macbooks aren't as overpriced as many make it out to be when everything is considered. The materials and build quality are much nicer than most other computer brands, the track pads are nice and they hold up well to wear and tear.

I paid $1200 for a nice Windows laptop and got nice hardware wrapped in painted plastic.

As far as cars go, it's like an M3 to a rusty old Camaro with a new LS7.

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    Macbooks aren't as overpriced as many make it out to be when everything is considered. The materials and build quality are much nicer than most other computer brands, the track pads are nice and they hold up well to wear and tear.

I paid $1200 for a nice Windows laptop and got nice hardware wrapped in painted plastic.

you didn't do your research. the samsung, acer, asus, and sony laptops in that price range all use premium materials

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    you didn't do your research. the samsung, acer, asus, and sony laptops in that price range all use premium materials
    Asus is the only brand out of that I'd go for.

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan

Compared to the equivalent windows laptop, a brand new 13" macbook retina for $1300 is reasonably priced.

Let me also say that touch screen laptops are stupid, and that seems to be the direction that windows laptops are going. Why bother having a keyboard and touchpad at all if you are going to have a touch screen? Why would you want to get fingerprints all over your laptop display?
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 10-29-2013 at 04:19 PM.