Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Araujo is back!

Expect the Wolves, whether they sign Livingston or not, to bring former NBA lottery pick Rafael Araujo, Las Vegas Summer League team guard Blake Ahearn and probably one more guard to camp, which begins Tuesday in Mankato.

Wolves assistant general manager Rob Babcock made Araujo, the former 6-11 BYU center from Brazil, the eighth player taken in the 2004 draft when Babcock was the Raptorsí boss. The team traded him to Utah two years later in a deal that sent former Gopher Kris Humphries to Toronto. Araujo played in Russia last season and is an extra big body for two-a-days now that Al Jefferson and Jason Collins both start camp injured.

Would seem like a good place for him other than they don't appear to have a roster space. He was better than Collins in Utah and I'm sure he will be in Minnesota as well.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Araujo is back!

and this is exciting news?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #3
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Hurray!

Lets contrast Hoffa with J to the aron.

Both Araujo and Collins manage to foul at the highest rates ever seen in the NBA. However, Araujo does it by mistake, Collins does it on purpose. Both manage to make those fouls hard enough to raise eyebrows. However, Araujo just doesn't know his strength, while Collins has flirted with the flagrant line well enough to hit them just hard enough to make it count without giving up 2 and posession.

Collins gets on the court for his basketball IQ and limited skill set. Araujo gets on the court for his behemoth size and mean streak.

Araujo has been credited by Frank Layden as the hardest worker he has ever seen. He shows up hours early to games and practices post moves 6 feet from the rim. Can't say I know about Collins.

Collins has made a place for himself as a backup center.
Araujo seems like his best place would be dominating the D-League like he did the college scene when he is the focal point of the offense. I was really hoping the Flash would pick him up and make him their franchise player.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

I'd take him over Collins anyday. Thought his basketbal IQ was high and he was a physical defensive presense with some offensive skills that could be honed if given the chance that Collins has had. He could have helped them last year with their open roster spot. Worth having just to play against Duncan who he did well against. Better than any center on Minnesota's roster too.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
I'd take him over Collins anyday. Thought his basketbal IQ was high and he was a physical defensive presense with some offensive skills that could be honed if given the chance that Collins has had. He could have helped them last year with their open roster spot. Worth having just to play against Duncan who he did well against. Better than any center on Minnesota's roster too.

He did have a glorious moment against Duncan. I was so proud of him for keeping his arms straight up and closing the space on Duncan's bump and pop so he couldn't bump.

Come to think of it, I have seen Okur close that space, too. I wonder if this is a sign of Jazz coaching creating good position defense for big men...
Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Maybe it's just TD? First time I saw Biedrins early two seasons ago he put on quite a show against Tim.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Maybe it's just TD? First time I saw Biedrins early two seasons ago he put on quite a show against Tim.

Could be. Ostertag had a glorious game against him in the RMR.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
Could be. Ostertag had a glorious game against him in the RMR.
Maybe Ostertag didn't have time for a 3rd serving of pie that day.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: