Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #46
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Andrea Bargnani

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Maybe Leo doesn't but Jack tells it like it is. I recall one time after a Moon 3 point attempt in a close game him being like "Seriously? With Bosh, JO, Calderon and Parker on the floor, you're option #5. So know you're role or you'll probably be coming out of the game."

Hahaha yea, i wish moon would at least try and drive the moon for often .....
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #47
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
Unless they get offered a guy like Caron Butler Bargnani is not going anywhere and even then if he continues to play the way he has and get better this season it would be tougher for Colangelo to trade Bargnani for even Butler.

I wouldn't mind giving up Calderon for Butler and giving Roko the reigns. It worked for Boston and Rajon Rondo!
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #48
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I wouldn't mind giving up Calderon for Butler and giving Roko the reigns. It worked for Boston and Rajon Rondo!

I liked Calderon from the day when I first saw him play in a Raptor uniform.

It is very interesting that they are playing decently without him. Even the last games were winnable against a top team.

I would find it hard to get rid of Calderon; of course I was sad to see Charlie V go also. (Both good guys.) It would be a huge risk at this point to hand the keys over to Ukic. He still has a ways to go to get better.

There is no way at this time you get rid of Calderon. I would say it would be in the best interest long-term though to give Ukic the keys while Calderon is out. At least give him a couple of starts in a row. What do you have to lose? Playoff spot? I think they should be able to sneak into the playoffs regardless. And they will be a first round exit anyways.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #49
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Slasher like Parker and Harris are a different story. I have no issue with effective slashers raking up points (provided they still move the ball), as the penetration opens up opportunities on the wing.

It's the chuckers throwing up 3's early in the shot clock, or badly contested jumpers, that kill me (and ball movement/team chemistry/and chances to win).

When the guy handling the ball stops looking for his teammates it takes them out of the game on both ends, and even if that point is a supreme talent, that can slash as well (Iverson) you are not going to win big playing that style.

Will is fine as pace changer off the bench...but he does not have the point skills, shot discipline, or demeanor I look for in a starting point. I don't blame him: he is playing the way he has for years in Europe...but he does not have the kind of talent to make that style work consistently in the NBA.

Will definitely is more like James. Roko reminds me more of a harris or parker type.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #50
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni

Yes but Rondo is one of the most well rounded PG's in the game. I don't think he is All Star calibre but he is pretty much above average in every category except shooting (bad skill set to suck at though ) I've always liked the Ukic pick and was surprised to see him drop to the 2nd round but the Raptor's would have to be stacked as hell to have Ukic playing 30 minutes a game.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #51
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

First of all, BARGS AINT GOIN NOWHERE...Kids da bomb, should be a treat to watch for the next 10 years. Yeah honestly, I was gettin pretty glum about the Raps but thinkin abut it now, anything can happen. If Il Mago can come alive like this, who knows perhaps Roko can expode next year and hopefully Calderon will be healthy and lighting it up at an all-star level like last year and can be shipped out for a fellow all-star wing and we'll be set! perhaps some other wacky **** could happen Im too lazy to think about...Just gotta let it ride.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:43 AM   #52
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-14-2009 at 03:29 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #53
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

That actually looks like a fun game.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: