Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

you all look pathetic in this thread. I hope someday some of you all will understand that individual success in either one of the leagues does not mean success in the other one. different types of basketball that simply do not translate so well.

also, nba is clearly the best league in the world in terms of talent, but euroleague is not a bunch of scrubs playing each other, and many euroleague teams would be able to make it to the nba playoffs.

stop the nosense from both sides please, its disgusting to read

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Why so insecure?

Is it really that hard to comprehend that NBA role player can average great numbers on a shitty team in France? I mean Batum has a horrible FG%, turns the ball over like a hot potatoe and his team is losing too. How is this a proof of NBA's superiority over Euroleague? The better case would be AK, who is a true Euroleague superstar and puts up great numbers WHILE his team is blowing out it's competition too...c'mon, are people really this dense in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And LeBron is the most overrated basketball player of world history, besides Ricky Rubio. Why would you even bring him up? Is that your way of proving that you have no basketball knowledge?
    Sorry he's black. U mad bro?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodap
    you all look pathetic in this thread. I hope someday some of you all will understand that individual success in either one of the leagues does not mean success in the other one. different types of basketball that simply do not translate so well.

also, nba is clearly the best league in the world in terms of talent, but euroleague is not a bunch of scrubs playing each other, and many euroleague teams would be able to make it to the nba playoffs.

stop the nosense from both sides please, its disgusting to read
    Name a Euroleague roster that would make it to the playoffs.

Remember the Clippers didn't even come close to the playoffs with a roster of guys like Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams, Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman off the bench. Griffin, Gordon and Kaman would probably be the three best players in Euroleague hands down if they chose to play there.

Navarro, probably the best European player talent wise only put up like 13 ppg, and you expect him to lead a team to the NBA playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Is it really that hard to comprehend that NBA role player can average great numbers on a shitty team in France? I mean Batum has a horrible FG%, turns the ball over like a hot potatoe and his team is losing too. How is this a proof of NBA's superiority over Euroleague? The better case would be AK, who is a true Euroleague superstar and puts up great numbers WHILE his team is blowing out it's competition too...c'mon, are people really this dense in here?
    Yes, they are. They really believe that Batum is absolutely destroying, annihilating, crushing all the teams in Europe.

From what I have seen so far, he is practically allergic to playing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Sorry he's black. U mad bro?
    Bricky Scrubio is actually white.

Banned

Yes, they are. They really believe that Batum is absolutely destroying, annihilating, crushing all the teams in Europe.

Where do you think Eric Gordon would rank in the Euroleague in terms of SGs

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

Really? I haven't seen him play in Euroleague, but for Portland he has played some very good defensive games (against Nash for exemple). Why do you think he isn't playing any defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Name a Euroleague roster that would make it to the playoffs.

Remember the Clippers didn't even come close to the playoffs with a roster of guys like Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Mo Williams, Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman off the bench. Griffin, Gordon and Kaman would probably be the three best players in Euroleague hands down if they chose to play there.

Navarro, probably the best European player talent wise only put up like 13 ppg, and you expect him to lead a team to the NBA playoffs?
    I think CSKA and Barcelona could make it with their current roster, maybe Siena aswell. European basketball works different, in NBA u need to have 1st option, in Europe you don't, at most times if u do have it it's not good for the team. In Euroelague top and bottom teams' level differs a lot, not even talking about domestic leagues. Top Euroelague teams could do fine in NBA, but there isn't many of those. And btw your trolling got really boring, atleast it was silly at start.

Bricky Scrubio is actually white.
    I was talking about LeBron "best player in the world" James

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    I think CSKA and Barcelona could make it with their current roster, maybe Siena aswell. European basketball works different, in NBA u need to have 1st option, in Europe you don't, at most times if u do have it it's not good for the team. In Euroelague top and bottom teams' level differs a lot, not even talking about domestic leagues. Top Euroelague teams could do fine in NBA, but there isn't many of those. And btw your trolling got really boring, atleast it was silly at start.
    No they won't. If they play under FiBA, they have a chance. But in NBA rules, they won't be able to play full zone to offset the lack of athleticism. A lot of these players will be playing one on one and that's where they will get exposed. If the prime version of Kirilenko can't lead the Jazz, I don't think this wash up version of his can. And Krstic today, no effin away. Just because they look good in Euroleague, it was supposed to mean something . The Clippers would mop the floor with any European team in NBA.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    What's your point, Romain Who Sato is posting good numbers at Panathiniakos and always get waived in the summer league. Farmar is starting in Maccabi and can't even start over Smush Parker and making this Euroleague players like bums. I can't even remember he played a game like that at UCLA. 9-11 shooting WTF and 27 points. And AK 47 a superstar, WTF. Euroleague is too easy for him.

Good college starter

Sefolosha is not being used as a "play maker". Batum already had the ball taken out of his hands in week 3. He already lost that role, due to being so incredibly turnover prone.

Linehan now runs the offense and has the ball in his hands. Batum is now playing "off the ball" just like in the NBA, after a failed experiment with him as "play maker".

Next?
    I don't even talk about the great Thabo

but this scrub is averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds and 1 steal

and got the green light to take shots like he is a superstar.

Only in Euroleague is where Thabo Sefolosha happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    I don't even talk about the great Thabo

but this scrub is averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds and 1 steal

and got the green light to take shots like he is a superstar.

Only in Euroleague is where Thabo Sefolosha happens.
    Don't forget that in his first EL game, Sefolosha had only been with the team a few days so didn't really know the system or play a bunch of minutes.

In his last two games, he's averaged 18 points/9 rebounds on 68% from the field in 26 mpg.

He's playing excellently, Fenerbahce fans are really happy to have him.