Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: When will the Heat breakup their trio?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    So you think if they don't win next season (if there is one) or the next two seasons they will break it up?
    If there is no title after the end of year 3 then yes I do.

And by blowing it up I mean trading one of the big 3 not all.
    Last edited by All Net; 09-04-2011 at 09:00 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Hopefully, this fall if the NBA implements a hard cap. Bye, LeBron. You were brought to Miami to help win a championship.

There were tradeoffs. Everyone knew that you would vaccuum suck every square inch of media attention on the team that there was to be had but the compensation was supposed to be that championship. Instead, you cost them the championship.

Final verdict: the "LeBron James Experience" was not at all worth it.
    Way too early to say that. I never expected them to win in year one anyway...obviously they should have because they got a ton of breaks with the Celtics being hurt and the Bulls clearly not being ready....and then they choked away (lebron did at least) what should have been a sure title with the best team and home court.

But its not a failed experiment yet at all. We can't see the future. What if the Heat add a starting center and then run off 2 or 3 in a row.

Will you be calling it a failed experiment if the Heat win 3 titles in 4 years and make the finals 4 years in a row??????

Of course not. So its way too early to tell. It will be a failed experiment if the Heat don't win at least 2 titles in this run.

I still think they are a decent backup sg and a legit starting center away from destroying the league for the next 5 years.

regardless of circumstance?

say the heat make it to the next 2 finals, the have say, lebron get injured, and they again lose in the finals, then you still blow it up?

imo as long as you are contending you shouldnt be considering blowing it up, what more do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    How many more seassons do you think the Heat have to fail to win a title before the Heat start making moves in the front office and start trading one of the three of Wade, LeBron, and Bosh? I prefer either Wade or LeBron leaving and I am ready for this LeBron-Wade experiment to be put to an end. So how many more seasons?
    They just made to the Finals last year and you already discussing when they are going to break up.

imo as long as you are contending you shouldnt be considering blowing it up, what more do you expect
    THATS MY POINT!

I swear. ThaSwagg3r is the worst Wade fan that anybody could ever imagine.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 09-04-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Way too early to say that. I never expected them to win in year one anyway...obviously they should have because they got a ton of breaks with the Celtics being hurt and the Bulls clearly not being ready....and then they choked away (lebron did at least) what should have been a sure title with the best team and home court.

But its not a failed experiment yet at all. We can't see the future. What if the Heat add a starting center and then run off 2 or 3 in a row.

Will you be calling it a failed experiment if the Heat win 3 titles in 4 years and make the finals 4 years in a row??????

Of course not. So its way too early to tell. It will be a failed experiment if the Heat don't win at least 2 titles in this run.

I still think they are a decent backup sg and a legit starting center away from destroying the league for the next 5 years.
    Well Miami were two games away from a title with no real PG, no center, no depth....if they get a legit center and a good back-up 2/3 man I don't see why 2 titles in 3 years isn't realistic.

However I would like to think if Lakers get a decent PG and a back-up 3 man this team can be champs again.

Dwight signing in L.A could change alot too....here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Well Miami were two games away from a title with no real PG, no center, no depth....if they get a legit center and a good back-up 2/3 man I don't see why 2 titles in 3 years isn't realistic.

However I would like to think if Lakers get a decent PG and a back-up 3 man this team can be champs again.

Dwight signing in L.A could change alot too....here's hoping.
    Exactly.

Way too early to call it a failed experiment. Its only been 1 year and its not like they didn't come close. Making the finals is an accomplishment....its just that they should have won. They had the title waiting for them and they blew it (mainly lebron and bosh blew it).....

The things we know:

The role/bench players will get better. Miller and Haslem being healthy alone will tremendously improve the team.

The center position will get better.

The chemistry will be better.

Chalmers will be improved next year.

If the Heat are healthy they will simply be a much better team next year. If they add a couple decent pieces and are healthy....they might be damn near unbeatable.

Exactly.

Way too early to call it a failed experiment. Its only been 1 year and its not like they didn't come close. Making the finals is an accomplishment....its just that they should have won. They had the title waiting for them and they blew it (mainly lebron and bosh blew it).....

The things we know:

The role/bench players will get better. Miller and Haslem being healthy alone will tremendously improve the team.

If the Heat are healthy they will simply be a much better team next year. If they add a couple decent pieces and are healthy....they might be damn near unbeatable.

Exactly.

The things we know:

If they sign Sammy D and say Battier and have Haslem and Miller back healthy As much as it pains me to say it....It's tough to see anybody beating them...they could win 65+ games.

As bad as Lebron was in the finals the Heat still had great chances to win that series…with Milller/Haslem healthy and a legit C and another back-up swingman how can they be beat? It is scary to think about due to the other contenders age as well. Dallas likely won't look the same next season for starters.

[QUOTE=All Net]If they sign Sammy D and say Battier and have Haslem and Miller back healthy As much as it pains me to say it....It's tough to see anybody beating them...they could win 65+ games.

As bad as Lebron was in the finals the Heat still had great chances to win that series

I give them 2 more seasons. No rings in the next 2 years, at least one of them will go(most likely Bosh).

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    I give them 2 more seasons. No rings in the next 2 years, at least one of them will go(most likely Bosh).
    Poor Bosh. People are unfair to him (not as much as with LBJ but still). The only member of the big 3 that seems to escape blame is Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Poor Bosh. People are unfair to him (not as much as with LBJ but still). The only member of the big 3 that seems to escape blame is Wade.

Wade has been the most consistent and reliable.

Wade has been the most consistent and reliable.
    LOL wut? Until the finals LBJ was much more reliable. I'd say the Finals performance by LBj certainly makes his reliability go down, but before that...
    And Wade seems to get a pass when he does suck like in the ECF

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LOL wut? Until the finals LBJ was much more reliable. I'd say the Finals performance by LBj certainly makes his reliability go down, but before that...
    And Wade seems to get a pass when he does suck like in the ECF

Wade didn't choke to death when it mattered. Wade is more consistent and plays better D.

Wade didn't choke to death when it mattered. Wade is more consistent and plays better D.
    Wade is not a better defender and Wade "Choked" against the Bulls, and losing that series would have meant the same thing as losing to the Mavs...out of the playoffs.