Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Why is Obama's approval at over 50% right before the 2016 election?

Are Americans starting to see that they have no good options in the upcoming election an as a result they look at Obama in a positive light?

Default Re: Why is Obama's approval at over 50% right before the 2016 election?

How can he not look decent by comparison? Two of the guys who might follow him at his job make prime Malcolm X look like Julia Child.

Banned

*Enter rambling rant about liberals and gay marriage*

But the record job creation, sub 5% unemployment rate, 20 million people gaining health insurance, and his prime Joe Camel swagger are probably good starting points in trying to solve the mystery.

Because he's black, he didn't start any wars and people have short memories so all they have to compare is Bush jnr

Because, we the bess

I wish he could run a third time.

Because the economy improved every year, and he pushed through his healthcare platform.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    *Enter rambling rant about liberals and gay marriage*

But the record job creation, sub 5% unemployment rate, 20 million people gaining health insurance, and his prime Joe Camel swagger are probably good starting points in trying to solve the mystery.
    16 Trillion in debt, deported more illegals than any other president, killed more civilians using drones than any other president, black poverty rates have increased under his terms and increased the wallets of wall street during his term.

But yeah, other than that Obama was ok and honestly I would prefer over Clinton and Sanders.
    Last edited by ALBballer; 03-15-2016 at 10:07 PM.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    16 Trillion in debt,
    Question for you, would you have preferred that we had balanced the budget ever year during his term?

What would the effect have been if we did that?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Because the economy improved every year, and he pushed through his healthcare platform.

Yep, and 50% of the country is dumb enough to attribute that to the President. Of course, any measurables that don't show improvement weren't his fault, because they wre George Bush's fault.

People on the left are gonna suck the guys nuts no matter what. Let's not act like this poll is based on carefully calculated analysis of people surveyed.

Well, I mean I'm sure you'll act like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    deported more illegals than any other president,
    Why did you put this as a negative?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    Question for you, would you have preferred that we had balanced the budget ever year during his term?

Probably cut a lot of unnecessary jobs and scaled back welfare. Then maybe the 30% of black men that are unemployed in Baltimore could move to Nigeria and get jobs in its nascent factory economy.

A lot of Americans have ancestors that immigrated here to work from the bottom up. In the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s, and 2000s.

Why is it a bad thing to suggest economically disadvantaged here could consider looking abroad for work?

Maybe it would deter illegal immigration too if the government weren't handing out so much money.

The thing is, you would rather have a 'tolerant' country than a better one.

Tolerance is basically the opposite of standards. Conservatives like standards, liberals like tolerance.

The dance goes round and round.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson

I would of preferred not to bail out companies, limit instead of increase the size of the government and to not prop up another artificial bubble that will only burst again.

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Probably cut a lot of unnecessary jobs and scaled back welfare. Then maybe the 30% of black men that are unemployed in Baltimore could move to Nigeria and get jobs in its nascent factory economy.

A lot of Americans have ancestors that immigrated here to work from the bottom up. In the 1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s, and 2000s.

Why is it a bad thing to suggest economically disadvantaged here could consider looking abroad for work?

Maybe it would deter illegal immigration too if the government weren't handing out so much money.

The thing is, you would rather have a 'tolerant' country than a better one.

Tolerance is basically the opposite of standards. Conservatives like standards, liberals like tolerance.

The dance goes round and round.

Did someone just pull the string in the middle of your back?

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Yep, and 50% of the country is dumb enough to attribute that to the President. Of course, any measurables that don't show improvement weren't his fault, because they wre George Bush's fault.

People on the left are gonna suck the guys nuts no matter what. Let's not act like this poll is based on carefully calculated analysis of people surveyed.

Well, I mean I'm sure you'll act like that.
    Shouldn't you be making another cry for help/retirement thread?