Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Default Cavs-Kings trade scenario

Heard this on radio today: "If I'm Vlade, I call David Griffin and say 'gimme Kyrie and Kevin Love and I'll give you Cousins'". It got me thinking who'd really say no? LeBron/actually winning games may be the ONE guy to whip Cousins into mental/emotional shape. And Kings get 2 stars to build for the future and new arena.

Then I checked ESPN Trade Machine and it wouldn't work financially...

But THIS would...:

Cavs get - Cousins + Darren Collison + Belinelli + James Anderson + Acy (+ #8 pick?)
    Kings get - Kevin Love + Kyrie (+ 2017 1st rnder?)

Cavs get a ton of backcourt depth including more shooters in Belinelli and Curry. Maybe Collison starts at PG? But imagine Cousins + TT + Mozgov + Acy in the middle, JR + Frye + Belinelli (+ Murray/Korkmaz/Baldwin IV) shooting, Shumpert and Delly doing their thing, Collison doing something...all tied together w/ LeBron. No more ballhogging Kyrie or timid KLove.

Kings still have WCS and Koufos in the middle, Gay being gay, Casspi doing everything, Caron being a leader, Seth Curry improving, McLemore hopefully improving, and now w/ 2 legit stars like KLove and Kyrie outside of LeBron's shadow. KLove can go back to getting 20/20s like he did in Minny and Kyrie can be the true "main man" again. If Joerger can just teach Gay and Kyrie to defend and not be ballhogs, and if McLemore improves (not sure how w/ a new ballhogging PG)...that's a playoff team, imo.

Seriously, who'd say "no"? Well...probably both just b/c both franchsies are so attached to their superstars. But what intelligent, cold-blooded GM would say "no"? Make it happen Vlade.

Default Re: Cavs-Kings trade scenario

Would be a swell trade for both teams IMO

Then Cavs could sign Conley or something

Demarcus on a slow paced LeBron style team would be... Insane

God those small ball frontcourt with LeBron and DMC

Or DMC and Frye

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Nah Love sucks and Kyrie is like Cousins in that he can't carry a team to the playoffs in a weaker conference. Kings if they are going to trade Cousins should try do a Devin Booker + Tyson Chandler type deal or go after Zinger/Myles Turner or try get the #1 or #2 pick this season from the Lakers of Philly.

Getting Love/Kyrie means we miss the playoffs in the West most likely in particular if the Pelicans are back healthy and the Twvoles manage to land Al Horford.

Kings need to trade Cousins this upcoming year imo or else the return we get back for him will be little to nothing. They also need to rid themselves of Rudy Gay and under no circumstance re-sign Rondo.

Also you can't trade Acy he's a FA.

Both teams say no