Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Sarah Palin looks stupid in interview - AGAIN

what a maverick!

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    don't bother with the new threads whenever a new thread is made that points out a democratic miscue they don't even bother to reply... lol

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103650

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103429
    Miscues are inevitable when you are out in the public eye, often talking off-of-the-cuff, everyday for months on end. The difference with Palin is that she has been so extremely sheltered that anytime she speaks in public, it is going to be amplified, because the American people know absolutely nothing about her and have seen her speak so few times.

When you have given a grand total of two interviews (sorry... not counting Hannity) and you come off looking like a total retard in both, people are going to react.

Do you seriously not see the difference between an occasional Obama or Biden gaff and those by Palin?

I'm so sick of this "gotcha" bull****. In the case of Palin, it kind of has merit since she was in a television interview setting and is expected to know what kind of great regulations that McCain has proposed. I mean, that's their whole talking point right now. In the case of Biden, well, who knows what he was thinking? It sounds like it was something he came up with off the top of his head, which was foolish. But it's not like Obama or Biden are running as historians.

(Seriously, how many people saw the Biden clip and went, "DUH!! FDR WASN'T PRESIDENT, NOOOOB!! AND THE TV WASN'T EVEN OUT YET!! WTF LOL.")

We're talking about this **** while our country is in the state it's in? And that's how they get you.
    Last edited by reppy; 09-25-2008 at 02:40 AM.

Very good NBA starter

first off, your format of answering posts is annoying.

really why? jimmy carter was a one term govenor and Became president, matter of fact more govenors have become president then senators in the last 100 years...
    yes lets compare a man who has a nobel peace prize with the dumber than **** VP candidate that we have been presented with.

go look at fact check and study up it's been pretty much even and the stories out of chicago of when obama ran for the state senate are down right scary even if they are only half true
    I have. Someone posted a link to the one that stated the percentage and it was largely more from the mccain camp.

when did i say that?
    it was insinuated. What i meant is that the general public does not know much about the candidates. In which case they will vote based on party or race or because palin is just a good old hockey mom just like all the small town folks.

kind of how bush was a just a good old boy from midland texas just like you and me.

links please lets see where there are dumb states an smart states
    im sure there have been studies but i have not personally done one. I have however visited all the lower 48 states at least 7-8 times and have first hand experienced the local culture in a large portion of cities.

keep looking it's right there, check his voting record check his bills he has written, there's plenty of them to look over
    oh ive read his voting record. 90% with bush i think it was. However now that its become more beneficial for him to distance himself from the bush administration he has suddenly changed his stance on a large array of issues.

this is the same argument used against reagan and FDR it's old it's lame and it's pointless
    yes lets just toss this one out the window since it doesn't benefit the republican ticket.

fact is biden has run for president now 3 times, this is the first time he's been picked as a VP nominee.. in three tries his own party has yet to support him..what does that tell you about his choice as a VP what was wrong with clinton?
    thought it was only twice? again it should be obvious why there is not an obama/clinton ticket. be thankful, had that happened you definitely wouldnt of had that bulldog with lipstick on your ticket.

Why do the democrats keep bringing this up? Where is the rest of the interview? They want to nitpick the obvious while ignoring everything from there own party. They want to rag on McCain for putting out "false or misleading" ads but excuse Obama because they say he doesnt put out as many. Both are wrong, no excuses.

She doesnt know about McCains history or regulation but no one really expected her to know. We all know she is new to the scene and has a lot to learn. Shes learning on the fly and there is a lot to be learned. Time will tell if she is able to end it well and retain a lot of this "Washington" information.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

She doesnt know about McCains history or regulation but no one really expected her to know. We all know she is new to the scene and has a lot to learn. Shes learning on the fly and there is a lot to be learned. Time will tell if she is able to end it well and retain a lot of this "Washington" information.

should of just picked me instead, i did get an A in US History AND government in high school. and im a quick learner. oh and very detail oriented. pick me for VP

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN

should of just picked me instead, i did get an A in US History AND government in high school. and im a quick learner. oh and very detail oriented. pick me for VP
    No you are a moron who has to use smilies multiple times in 1 post to express your opinion.

im sure there have been studies but i have not personally done one. I have however visited all the lower 48 states at least 7-8 times and have first hand experienced the local culture in a large portion of cities.
    oh ive read his voting record. 90% with bush i think it was. However now that its become more beneficial for him to distance himself from the bush administration he has suddenly changed his stance on a large array of issues.
    You are a moron who assumes **** about the intelligence of certain states because you have visited them. You are a moron who says he has read McCains voting record but has nothing to back it up besides the 90% number that almost everyone knows.

You wouldnt be qualified for anything noteworthy.

Thank God real life isn't like 24, where presidents never last long.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Why do the democrats keep bringing this up? Where is the rest of the interview? They want to nitpick the obvious while ignoring everything from there own party. They want to rag on McCain for putting out "false or misleading" ads but excuse Obama because they say he doesnt put out as many. Both are wrong, no excuses.

If McCain is elected, she is one heartbeat away from the Presidency, but we're supposed to give her a learning curve?

A graduate from Idaho with a BA in communications that went from a mayor of a town with 6,300 people to the governor of the 48th most populace state in the country... This was a mystery pick of a woman whom almost no one had heard of and whose qualifications were suspect, to be kind.

Now, she is bombing in interviews and seems to have no clue about, not only George Bush's policies, but the policies of her own running mate.

Is this woman ready to be President?

Very good NBA starter

You are a moron who assumes **** about the intelligence of certain states because you have visited them. You are a moron who says he has read McCains voting record but has nothing to back it up besides the 90% number that almost everyone knows.

You wouldnt be qualified for anything noteworthy.
    ah yes! more personal attacks! im loving the good ol' republican way displayed by you and gts. just like true patriotic mavericks!

its not that hard to tell that a state like....massachusetts per say has a larger portion of smarter citizens than..lets say montana.

See how easy that was?

And once again yes lets throw out the cold hard irrefutable fact that McCain agreed with Bush 90% of the time. Now that it is more beneficial for his campaign to distance him self from Bush lets not mention it. If at some point over the next month it becomes apparent that some swing states will give him more votes if he makes it known im sure you and every other supporter will be quick to spew out that 90% number.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    If McCain is elected, she is one heartbeat away from the Presidency, but we're supposed to give her a learning curve?

A graduate from Idaho with a BA in communications that went from a mayor of a town with 6,300 people to the governor of the 48th most populace state in the country... This was a mystery pick of a woman whom almost no one had heard of and whose qualifications were suspect, to be kind.

Now, she is bombing in interviews and seems to have no clue about, not only George Bush's policies, but the policies of her own running mate.

Is this woman ready to be President?
    If McCain is elected, then I would have assumed that she would have looked good in interviews from here on out therefore proving to people she is a quick learner and ready to be the VP. Because as of right now, I dont think McCain/Palin have a chance the way it is going and no one will have to worry about giving her a learning curve.

If McCain is elected, then I would have assumed that she would have looked good in interviews from here on out therefore proving to people she is a quick learner and ready to be the VP. Because as of right now, I dont think McCain/Palin have a chance the way it is going and no one will have to worry about giving her a learning curve.
    So giving good interviews equals being a good politician?
    This guy gave really good ones:

Don't judge by the looks.

I read text of the interview yesterday and I didn't think it was a good interview for Palin. I had a chance to watch clips of it this morning... definitely not a good interview. I can see why the McCain campaign has tried to keep her sequestered from the media, and frankly, if I were running that campaign, I would too. When you lack confidence in a candidate's ability to answer questions and you don't believe they have the proper knowledge and grasp of the issues, the best thing to do is to severely limit that candidates media exposure.

   

jimmy carter was a one term govenor and Became president, matter of fact more govenors have become president then senators in the last 100 years...
    but jimmy carter is a smart man, at least by academic standards. his first pre-honors degree was in nuclear engineering and he graduated near the top of his class.