Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: the day that the USA leadership can effectively criticize...

Quote Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
    it would be a problem for israel and would have repercussions around the world

to allow the obliteration of any country would be a universal tragedy
    Doubtful. It's not like Israel doesnt have nukes and an army. Plus, there are already countries that have been/are obliterated already.

The US government needs to keep their filthy hands out of Israel's business. If we keep doing so, involvement in Iraq will be forever.

RP 4 lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Doubtful. It's not like Israel doesnt have nukes and an army. Plus, there are already countries that have been/are obliterated already.

The US government needs to keep their filthy hands out of Israel's business. If we keep doing so, involvement in Iraq will be forever.
    It's never going to stop. As long as we allow lobbies such as AIPAC to exist. there will be US involvement with the middleast.

College star

Never mind.

bada bing (you piece of garbage scumbag), feel free to edit your garbage response back in here
    Last edited by oldschool; 12-29-2008 at 09:29 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    It's never going to stop. As long as we allow lobbies such as AIPAC to exist. there will be US involvement with the middleast.
    There's US involvement in half the planet, in case you haven't noticed.

If hamas, islamic jihad and other insane lunatics stopped attacking Israel and called off the whole insane, pointless, self-defeating, "destroy Israel" movement, none of any of this would have to happen.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

i am not exactly sure what you mean by-- letting the saudis and egypt do what they want with israel

we didnt even confront the saudi's when we knew that the majority of the 9-11 terrorists were saudi. we are too beholden to their oil. there is no motivating force that would make them cooperate with israel. over the years, egypt has been good with their peace accord and they might be able to do something

but either way, it is hard to imagine that they would befriend israel in meaningful ways when it might damage their own standnig in the muslim world

regarding the FAR far right and fringe churches that believe in the support of israel for these questionable theological reasons of the second coming (plus the neo-cons support)-- this is an argument for diminishing our support for israel!
    I don't think I was clear. When I say let the Saudi's and Egypt do as they want with Isreal, I mean allow them to attack it, not sit back and let them work out a treaty. I know full well that's not happening. Egypt has been fairly nuetral over the years, but because of it's sandwiching position, it would immediately take a huge role in any Arab move on Isreal. My point is that that just isn't going to happen, so pushing to set up another democratic regime, theoretically in Iraq, is the next logical solution.

My point about the far right's, particularly the far christian right's support of Isreal for what I fully agree are at best questionable theological reasons, is not that this is reason to pull support of Isreal. Only that I think there is justification in the war. Namely that if we're not going to leave Isreal to the Wolves, then the next best option is to set up another democracy. And while I don't believe that's the far right's motivation, more that their motive is to keep the chosen people in the holy land, the resulting democracy in the middle east remains the next most valid solution to the toppling of the current dictatorial leadership all over the region.

Even that doesn't read as well as I'd like it to. Hopefully it makes sense.

NBA sixth man of the year

I already posted more than enough in the Gaza thread that was closed, but I'll say it again that both parties are more than to be blamed for everything. Israel is just as bad as the Hamas.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I already posted more than enough in the Gaza thread that was closed, but I'll say it again that both parties are more than to be blamed for everything. Israel is just as bad as the Hamas.

i started this thread because that thread was closed-- who closed it and why?

College star

just look at my post which was edited by a special someone and you will get the answers to all your questions. Its on this page...

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You do know genocide and other civil wars have been virtually ignored by the major powers over the past decades, right? Oh, but nobody cares about them because it's not near Jerusalem.
    yes

this is problematic too

at least from the usa perspective: if it is for our country's interests we act-- if not, then we do not. this kind of unilateral decision making weakens the world organizations such as the UN

we use the UN when it is to our advantage too. this is a problem for our credibility also

Quote Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
    I don't understand how Isreal would be "obliterated".

they have thousands of nukes. Does Iran have even 1? No one would touch Isreal.
    i wrote that in hyperbole to make a point: israel is a key place in the world. being surrounded by islamic countries with a history of anti-israeli sentiment, things could escalate very quickly if israel didnt have powerful allies

Hmmm... I don't think that's too hard to deduce.

obviously, hamas' actions escalate the conflict

the problematic difference is that hamas primarily works its bombings through the underground since palestine is not really is not given its recogition and proper respect

while israel is acting as a state in its military operations

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    Basically the only one cursing and calling names in those threads was OldSchool. Who closed the threads for that reason probably.
    yes

it the shoe fits.... obamacize it

Israel is just as bad as the Hamas.
    Retarded.