Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #31
tgan3
Local High School Star

Default Re: Women or Hunger???

In all of seriousness who won't choose 1? Its not like if you choose 1, more people will go hungry or thirsty.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #32
T-Time3
always Showtime

C'mon cuh, #1 easily. I'll start with kate upton on day1
T-Time3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #33
tgan3
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
This is such a random either or... but no one in the world goes hungry or thirsty for a year. You'd have to be a helluva narcissist to pick the first one. Have you even been really hungry? I have only been really super hungry after like a day without eating until dinner and that is awful to me... I don't wish actual starvation on anyone.

If he didn't tell you option 2, you would have gone on with option 1 wont you? Anyways, if people not starving meant so much to you, you can donate 90% of your fortune to charity and just live on sustenance.

Seriously though, option 2 doesn't really make much of a difference to tell you the truth. Those beggars are still going to be hungry after the first year. poor people remain poor even if you give them shitloads of money simple because they do not know how to be rich. (Ever heard of the true story of someone given 100k to a beggar? and he was broke months later even though he thought he was set for life)

since being poor is strongly co-related to satisfying your appetite, those people will still go hungry and thirsty after the first year.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #34
iamgine

I would like to know how #2 is achieved. By giving them food and drink? By supernatural magical force? By stopping time? Is anyone gonna be aware of this?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 AM   #35
ballup
13.37 PER

Choose 1. Even if the girls don't want to have sex with me and this power can be considered rape, I have the ability to not use the power at all.

The people won't know that this gift has been blessed upon them for a year, causing a multitude of possible issues. If no one gets hungry or thirsty for a year, there is a lot less demand for food. This will cause a large disruption in the economy as people will stop buying food in the same quantities as they did before. Either that or people continue eating and get fatter. Yes people survive better in the 3rd world and in impoverished areas during that time span, but will that really help them? What if they start believing they achieved some sort of infinite sustainability or immortality? This kind of imbalance can cause quite amount of chaos. I cannot bear to be responsible for that.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 AM   #36
Fresh Kid
NBA lottery pick

number 2. (no doodoo)
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleterious
'
No it doesn't help at all. Giving them more food would help them reproduce thinking they are set. And when the year is over you have more people and less food to go around. Thus number one is actually a bad thing.

Humans are intrinsically valuable.

Unless you're an NWO type that are doing population control. Which you are of course entitled to.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #38
FiveRings
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleterious
'
No it doesn't help at all. Giving them more food would help them reproduce thinking they are set. And when the year is over you have more people and less food to go around. Thus number one is actually a bad thing.
Yep. Too many people here didn't think about the question and just answered not seeing that it was a trick question.

If the options are for me to be waterboarded or for me to feed the world for a year, I'm choosing the option to have myself tortured. That's how much I value not making things much worse in the world, which is what option number 2 would do. I want no part in that. I would choose to be executed before I chose number 2.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
CeltsGarlic
Gesaffelstain Fan

after taking nr 1 you would go crazy blaming yourself after 5 months... bad karma
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
FiveRings
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Humans are intrinsically valuable.

Unless you're an NWO type that are doing population control. Which you are of course entitled to.
Bullshit they are. It can be FAR better for a child to die in the womb or to die at birth. That's a far better situation than the child being born just to live for 4, 8, or 12 months, living in the agony of hunger and then dying a painful death. So yeah, anyone picking option number 2 is basically supporting bringing more misery, agnony, sadness, and pain into this world.
FiveRings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
riseagainst
LeGOAT

well I'd choose 1. Not everyday you get to bang Scarlet Jo.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #42
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

A lot of horn dogs in here.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #43
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
If he didn't tell you option 2, you would have gone on with option 1 wont you? Anyways, if people not starving meant so much to you, you can donate 90% of your fortune to charity and just live on sustenance.

Seriously though, option 2 doesn't really make much of a difference to tell you the truth. Those beggars are still going to be hungry after the first year. poor people remain poor even if you give them shitloads of money simple because they do not know how to be rich. (Ever heard of the true story of someone given 100k to a beggar? and he was broke months later even though he thought he was set for life)

since being poor is strongly co-related to satisfying your appetite, those people will still go hungry and thirsty after the first year.

Nah man me donating what little money I make to something won't change hardly anything... my time potentially could and putting my life into ending starvation/thirst... but the decision directly correlates to the whole world not being hungry or thirsty for a year. How could a person live with themselves seeing pictures of starving people knowing that you could have prevented it? You'd have to be a psychopath.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #44
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

why answer a question with two hypotheticals that have zero chance in any reality of ever happening?

I'd argue that most human minds aren't capable of understanding either of those ideas wholly. They just think OO SEX or OO HELP PEOPLE. Who can comprehend some alternate world where girls randomly appear and don't know you, but you get to **** them? And it's just as ridiculous to imagine everyone in the world pulling cheeseburgers out of their pockets.

But post of the thread is "**** the sex just gimme a month of work" gg.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #45
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Number two. Year's productivity jumpstarts the world economically and socially.

If I need a girl in scenario 2, I'll let the world know about my plans. Plenty of women will flock to me then.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: