Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star
 
1987_Lakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,072
Default Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

You are working out on a treadmill or something, start to feel tired and ready to stop, then a hot girl starts working out right next to you, out of nowhere you have more energy and end up on the treadmill for another 15 minutes.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
Bandito
NBA Legend
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 16,666
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are working out on a treadmill or something, start to feel tired and ready to stop, then a hot girl starts working out right next to you, out of nowhere you have more energy and end up on the treadmill for another 15 minutes.
Yes the balls gives you extra energy...but I can't run on the treadmill unless I am watching TV though. I get bored so easily.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,405
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Hot girls have never effected me in that way... They have never made me try harder physically. Some people say they try harder on the court or at the gym like you say, but I work out almost completely for personal satisfaction. I'd be lying if I said there was no social motivation... but I have a always been a person who does things out of self interest before anything else (for better and for worse.) Of course I have tried to be way funnier and more interesting around them... trying to make my personality better... but I don't really think I care anymore.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
fiddy
Raider of Rampage
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FTS and FTO
Posts: 13,742
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are working out on a treadmill or something, start to feel tired and ready to stop, then a hot girl starts working out right next to you, out of nowhere you have more energy and end up on the treadmill for another 15 minutes.
Happened to me several times. In one instance the girls was right in front of me on another treadmill in those sports tight. I had no idea what she was doing there because she was hot and probably underage. Definitely got my heart racey and yeah had to step my game up.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
riseagainst
LeGOAT
 
riseagainst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,830
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

all it does is making me lose motivation to do anything except wanting to jerk off.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
BoogieWoogieMan
Redemption
 
BoogieWoogieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Justice City
Posts: 11,799
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
You are working out on a treadmill or something, start to feel tired and ready to stop, then a hot girl starts working out right next to you, out of nowhere you have more energy and end up on the treadmill for another 15 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFYehRbKn1E
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter
 
tmacattack33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,337
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Hot girls have never effected me in that way... They have never made me try harder physically. Some people say they try harder on the court or at the gym like you say, but I work out almost completely for personal satisfaction. I'd be lying if I said there was no social motivation... but I have a always been a person who does things out of self interest before anything else (for better and for worse.) Of course I have tried to be way funnier and more interesting around them... trying to make my personality better... but I don't really think I care anymore.


Interesting.

I work out strictly for health improvement (both long term and short term - working out helps you sleep better that night and releases dopamine and stuff) , girls, and to help me on the football field.

I'm not sure personal satisfaction has anything to do with it. I could care less what i look like to myself in the mirror. Unless the health improvements listed above is part of your personal satisfaction.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,033
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvHbnhl3M8

after 2:00 its explained very well
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
LikeABosh
Trump Towers
 
LikeABosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,957
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Ditch the treadmill cardio ***. Do you even lift bruh?
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 15,103
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

I'm 100% focused at the gym. This is not a place to socialize, it's a place to train and be disciplined. I'll notice a hottie, but what I focus on is building the temple so that they notice me.
It's the same with girls. My wifey always says some dudes make more of an effort to go closer to her station. She has the same agenda, but probably even more focused. Girls don't like to be gawked at the gym.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,246
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I'm 100% focused at the gym. This is not a place to socialize, it's a place to train and be disciplined. I'll notice a hottie, but what I focus on is building the temple so that they notice me.
It's the same with girls. My wifey always says some dudes make more of an effort to go closer to her station. She has the same agenda, but probably even more focused. Girls don't like to be gawked at the gym.


10% of the them don't....the ones in baggy sweats

the other 90% are in sport Bra's and Yoga pants showing everything....seriously , Looking Like


any female wearing Yoga Pants in a Gym wants attention IMO....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
MetsPackers
new based god
 
MetsPackers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,794
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
Ditch the treadmill cardio ***. Do you even lift bruh?

this


treadmills are for hot girls and fat fvcks. hit the weights kid. running is for the streets
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
hateraid
Is it in you?
 
hateraid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your local 7-11 freezers
Posts: 15,103
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
10% of the them don't....the ones in baggy sweats

the other 90% are in sport Bra's and Yoga pants showing everything....seriously , Looking Like


any female wearing Yoga Pants in a Gym wants attention IMO....

Girls where that stuff to impress other girls. What type of girls go to the gym? either overweight or image conscious. The image conscious do it because they would be caught dead in anything other than name brand apparel and the typical fashion aficionado athletic apparel.
I train with a couple of girls. Trust me, that is their MO
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 11,226
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

my wife wears yoga pants literally every day...

when she is not out...she comes home and gets into them right away...

she works out in them, with or without me near her...she will go on walks in them or runs...and in no way shape or form is she looking for attention in them from men or women...they are just comfortable to her
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,246
Default Re: Am I the only one who goes through this when I go to the gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Girls where that stuff to impress other girls. What type of girls go to the gym? either overweight or image conscious. The image conscious do it because they would be caught dead in anything other than name brand apparel and the typical fashion aficionado athletic apparel.
I train with a couple of girls. Trust me, that is their MO


True...I guess i meant attention regardless...man or women...
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy