Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: The Second Best Center In The Leauge Is....

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    man you could be right but another guy who is getting no attention is David Lee out west Golden State but yeah Noah is rocking the whole NBA world right now it's true

I can't wait to see those guys matchup because to me at this point with Bynum out (and with his knee history, probably done as far as elite), they are the argument for that 2 spot just for right now

I'm telling you, David Lee can't play C. At all. I love him. He was great for us. I wished we didn't let him go. But he can't play C.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I'm telling you, David Lee can't play C. At all. I love him. He was great for us. I wished we didn't let him go. But he can't play C.
    I agree he's built and he plays like a power forward but in this league of 2 - 3 spread offense and defense, with no C - he can

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I agree he's built and he plays like a power forward but in this league of 2 - 3 spread offense and defense, with no C - he can

The team defense would be slaughtered nightly. And tho he's injured, they do have Andrew Bogut now.

I'll take Noah on the Sixers. A rebounder/shotblocker/garbage bucket pale kid.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Varejao >

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Varejao >
    Then you woke up and found yourself in bed with a man.

Decent college freshman

I would say you all are forgetting marc gasol but I guess he's really the best center in the league so it's okay

Marc Gasol.

Noah is a great player. He is a hustle player that gives 100% every game and I love that about him (not many players do that), but if you put Gasol on the Bulls and they made him the focal point of the offense his numbers would skyrocket.

People overlook just how good Gasol is because he is on a team with two other great players in Gay and Z-Bo so the scoring load is distributed between the three the way it should be.

Gasol is a fantastic post player with size and a reliable jumper. He is one of the most skilled passing big men in the league and offers good rim protection.

People focus too much on stats and not enough on watching how skilled the player is.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Marc Gasol.

Noah is a great player. He is a hustle player that gives 100% every game and I love that about him (not many players do that), but if you put Gasol on the Bulls and they made him the focal point of the offense his numbers would skyrocket.

People overlook just how good Gasol is because he is on a team with two other great players in Gay and Z-Bo so the scoring load is distributed between the three the way it should be.

Gasol is a fantastic post player with size and a reliable jumper. He is one of the most skilled passing big men in the league and offers good rim protection.

People focus too much on stats and not enough on watching how skilled the player is.
    I like noah, varejao, and tyson chandler, but marc gasol is on a different level than those guys. much more polished offensively. he's pretty much a go-to guy while none of those three are even close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    I like noah, varejao, and tyson chandler, but marc gasol is on a different level than those guys. much more polished offensively. he's pretty much a go-to guy while none of those three are even close to that.
    That's how I feel.

I admire what Noah, Varejao and Chandler are doing, but they don't have the ability to be a franchise guy that you can rely on and build a team around.

Put Gasol on a team like the Sixers and the improvement would be astounding.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Right now David Lee is destroying NeNe every single way there is.

He just shuts Nene shot down like nothing. Seraphin has 14 but not much of those on Lee. Lee is impressive. Very impressive.

Decent college freshman

That's how I feel.

I admire what Noah, Varejao and Chandler are doing, but they don't have the ability to be a franchise guy that you can rely on and build a team around.

this season, I feel like he has a case for best center in the league since dwight has been having all these problems. he's one of those guys that EVERY team would love to have. he's big as heck, soft touch, good back-to-the-basket game, feathery shot that extends to 15 feet, and fantastic passing. kind of like a poor man's sabonis.

Quote Originally Posted by knickswin
    this season, I feel like he has a case for best center in the league since dwight has been having all these problems. he's one of those guys that EVERY team would love to have. he's big as heck, soft touch, good back-to-the-basket game, feathery shot that extends to 15 feet, and fantastic passing. kind of like a poor man's sabonis.
    Dwight is still considered by many the best because of the expectation that he will be the Magic Dwight again, but that is not a certainty.

Some commentator recently said that even though Howard wasn't 100%, he was still clearly the best center in the league and I don't really agree with that.

He is certainly the most aesthetically pleasing. Physical build, ridiculous athletic ability with the oft used team "emphatic block" and "thunderous "slam but Marc is a truly beautiful player to watch. Tons of skill in a 7+ foot recently slimmed down frame.

Howard at 100% is not clearly the best center in the league IMO. The gap is not as huge as so many in sports coverage claim.

So many sleeping on how great Marc is since he shares his numbers with two other players on an incredible Grizzlies team.

That's how I feel.

You think so? I dont know. He'll help no doubt about it. But he just seems slow. Euro Roy Hibbert.

Learning to shoot layups

What about Tyson Chandler??? wheneVER Chaed up against howard and Hibbert they do NOTHING.. and hes a champ!