Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: I don't think Mark Sanchez is going to be a longterm QB in the NFL...

I think Godzuki is exaggerating (Sanchez can clearly be a longterm QB in the league) but i kind of feel the assumption that he is a young star in the making is flawed. His % completion is abysmal and doesn't seem to be improving, last game it was good but he was literally only throwing 3 Yard passes against a terrible terrible team. He also is one of those QB's that seems to get up slowly everytime he gets hit. He's had one shoulder surgery, and last year just avoided it.

What i see in Sanchez is someone who shines in big moments, but that's been exaggerated. He's been solid, not spectacular. And in year three, the Jets are still afraid to let him throw the ball half the time.

If the Jets don't have this awesome defense and ball control attack, he'd not be winning, and the criticism would be much much harsher.

I think Sanchez can be a solid QB in this league for a long time, but i honestly (and i'll be killed for this maybe) don't think he's a difference maker. If the Jets had a better QB they'd be a much better team. I laugh in NY, they say he's better than Matt Ryan or Flacco.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: I don't think Mark Sanchez is going to be a longterm QB in the NFL...

Right now Mark Sanchez is playing the Tom Brady role during his first few seasons. carried by his defense and playmakers and not making so many mistakes to cost the Jets the important games yet. Its not to say that Sanchez hasnt been improving but right now i think hes just trying to reduce his errors instead of proactively being better. and as long as the jets are winning, no one can really care what errors sanchez does on the field.

Last edited by DuMa : 09-21-2011 at 07:36 PM.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #18
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
not really. Rams win under Bradford generally is more Bradford. same with ATL wins under Ryan.

Huh? Both have All Pro RBs on their team. Bradford rarely throws the ball downfield, which is the overwhelming criticism of that offense and him as a young QB. Ryan was putrid the other night, saved by turnovers that resulted in great field position and a 60+ yard run from Turner.

Sanchez completed a higher % of his passes than either in 2010.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #19
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz | Utes | Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Right now Mark Sanchez is playing the Tom Brady role during his first few seasons. carried by his defense and playmakers and not making so many mistakes to cost the Jets the important games yet. Its not to say that Sanchez hasnt been improving but right now i think hes just trying to reduce his errors instead of proactively being better. and as long as the jets are winning, no one can really care what errors sanchez does on the field.

How is he playing the Brady role? Brady is the REASON why the Patriots have won, people can say that Beliechek is a great coach, which is true, and they did have a lot of great defensive players in the past, not as much now, but Brady has been the main carry of this team. Sanchez is being carried by the defense, and the running game was a huge help, although it's sucked this year. I'll give Sanchez credit though, not putting up astounding numbers, but WINNING GAMES. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying, but I don't see how Sanchez is playing the Brady role here.

I don't think Sanchez is a long term QB in the NFL, he seems like a Kyle Orton type player to me.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 09-21-2011 at 08:17 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #20
DuMa
Canned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
How is he playing the Brady role? Brady is the REASON why the Patriots have won, people can say that Beliechek is a great coach, which is true, and they did have a lot of great defensive players in the past, not as much now, but Brady has been the main carry of this team. Sanchez is being carried by the defense, and the running game was a huge help, although it's sucked this year. I'll give Sanchez credit though, not putting up astounding numbers, but WINNING GAMES. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying, but I don't see how Sanchez is playing the Brady role here.

Im not slighting Brady at all. hes absolutely the top QB and leading MVP for the past few years. but Brady in his first few years, it was quite obvious he wasn't the same QB today. he just got by with his defense and winning super bowls because of his team's defense and timely playmaking. its kind of the same with Sanchez now. Jets reaching a few AFC championship games solely based on their defense and timely playmaking.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Young Brady was just a game manager like Sanchez. The difference was that he did a better job of it, but it was still the same role.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #22
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I don't think Sanchez is a long term QB in the NFL, he seems like a Kyle Orton type player to me.
This is a funny statement, because barring major injury Orton is going to get a 10-plus season career. He may switch teams a few more times but there's no doubt that there will always be a place for him.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz | Utes | Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
This is a funny statement, because barring major injury Orton is going to get a 10-plus season career. He may switch teams a few more times but there's no doubt that there will always be a place for him.

Well, my post was more meant that the fact is he going to be a long term FRANCHISE QB, sorry if I spun it the wrong way which I did, but when that Jets defense eventually starts to break down, I think he's just another Kyle Orton to me. Is that necessarily a bad career? No, but I just don't see him being more than a decent game manager with some hints of being pretty good like Orton, but I'll give Sanchez credit, he's pretty clutch in the playoffs.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: