Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Default Just suffered a Shoulder Subluxation

About 2 years ago I fully dislocated my shoulder and opted not to have surgery. I ended up doing physio and after about 6 months I was back on the court but ever since I felt the weakness in my shoulder, so I had to adjust my game to basically jumpshots. Just started getting comfortable attacking the rim a few months ago and just today I take a bad hit and my shoulder came out of the socket for a quick second and snapped back in (shoulder subluxation). Now I didn't go to the hospital or anything but I still feel the pain and weakness, obviously I damaged some tendons/ligaments or something (so I think).

Should I wait it out a few days and see how it feels, or should I see a doctor (walk-in clinic) or just go straight to a hospital?

Obviously they're gonna take x-rays but the bone seems to be in place. What do they do to check ligament damage? Some Ultra sound type shit?

Thanks in advance...

Default Re: Just suffered a Shoulder Subluxation

Well I gotta get an MRI, guess I'll get my knee and shoulder fixed up and shut down for a while...

Even if somebody on this board had experience with those injuries, you still shouldn't really take advice from people here. Gotta stick with what the doctors say. Can't mess around with that type of stuff.

Good luck, man. Hope you recover quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Even if somebody on this board had experience with those injuries, you still shouldn't really take advice from people here. Gotta stick with what the doctors say. Can't mess around with that type of stuff.

Good luck, man. Hope you recover quickly.
    True, thanks. Shoulder was badly damaged, gotta find a good time to get surgery done without interfering with other shit.

Take a break. Don't over excel your shoulder, your a human being not a robot. Rest it, then go back to basketball. Your going to regret not doing that, when you get older you'll be in a lot of pain from this injury because injuries from the past revisit you in the future, especially since it's a greater pain now.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Take a break. Don't over excel your shoulder, your a human being not a robot. Rest it, then go back to basketball. Your going to regret not doing that, when you get older you'll be in a lot of pain from this injury because injuries from the past revisit you in the future, especially since it's a greater pain now.
    I heard about that too but is that the case even if you get surgery?

Surgery is another way of human beings thinking other human beings can play God and fix you back to 100%. even if your fixed, is it forever like it never happened? no. your going to regret not resting, and you need to take care of yourself more then ever.

I would guess that it can't be to dissimilar to spraining your ankle and having it pop.

Ice it down and rest it a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    I would guess that it can't be to dissimilar to spraining your ankle and having it pop.

Ice it down and rest it a couple of weeks.
    Yeah I don't think it was as bad as I thought. After a week I'm feeling a lot better. Maybe a week or 2 more and I'll be back.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Iffy shoulders seem to be one of the more common problems with athletes today. =\ I still think you should have it checked. Lots of major injuries happen because they are simply ignored in their earlier stages. And while they may never be as strong as they are before injury, you can always get them pretty damn close to injury. If you know what to do (and oftentimes, you'll need to go to farther than the regular physician. Some are just in it for the money and their methods might actually be more detrimental), you can escape what people always claim as the residual weaknesses, which I think is usually a product of their simply letting it be and accepting it. Hope you recover well, man!

Didn't get surgery or anything but I'm feeling good just 2-3 weeks later. No more pain when I shoot the ball, but definitely feels unstable. Gonna buy a shoulder sleeve asap.

Shot was way off at first but getting it back so quick. Feels good to be back on the court.

you just described how my right ankle feels.

Shoulder has been good, still not as strong as it use to be but blessed to be able to hoop and shoot like I normally do.

ice that baby and see the doctor soon because it could get worse

Dislocated my shoulder again a couple of days ago... Getting surgery this time...