Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Watch Dogs out on May 27

Worldwide release is May 27, confirmed a few days ago by Ubisoft. Thought it would be around March or April, but I guess May's alright.

New story trailer released too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZ1fwKcEmc
    Last edited by Shade8780; 03-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Default Re: Watch Dogs out on May 27

Super fuggin excited for this game.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Super fuggin excited for this game.
    Me too. The first next game I have been excited for. Do you think it will look better on PS4 of Xbox One?

Quote Originally Posted by KingMillions
    Me too. The first next game I have been excited for. Do you think it will look better on PS4 of Xbox One?
    Every game will be better on ps4 all gen long. No amount of optimization can compensate for ram bottlenecks, and a weak gpu.

The only way a game will be better on xbox is if the developers are incompetant. That's not a console warrior thing that is just a fact. The way the are set up is the same, except one of them is just stronger.

I would say watchdogs would be comparable to ass creed. 900p xbox, 1080p ps4, and a smoother framerate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Every game will be better on ps4 all gen long. No amount of optimization can compensate for ram bottlenecks, and a weak gpu.

The only way a game will be better on xbox is if the developers are incompetant. That's not a console warrior thing that is just a fact. The way the are set up is the same, except one of them is just stronger.

I would say watchdogs would be comparable to ass creed. 900p xbox, 1080p ps4, and a smoother framerate.
    except you know tomb raider and thief which have horrible jutter and wildly varying unlocked frame rates on ps4 but 0 lag or jutter on xbox....

we all know your a fanboy and your mum won't purchase another console for you this generation so you have to puff out your chest and spout bullshit about the xbox whenever possible but maybe you should be doing that on some of the sony gaming forums rather than ish.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    except you know tomb raider and thief which have horrible jutter and wildly varying unlocked frame rates on ps4 but 0 lag or jutter on xbox....

we all know your a fanboy and your mum won't purchase another console for you this generation so you have to puff out your chest and spout bullshit about the xbox whenever possible but maybe you should be doing that on some of the sony gaming forums rather than ish.
    The ps4 version of tomb raider is native 1080p, xbox is 1080p with 900p cutscenes, and the frame rate is twice as high. Not sure where you were going with thag perfect example of the ps4s superiority... thief another game that is native 1080p on ps4, but only 900p on xbone. The ps4 lacks af though which is weird.

Edit: call of duty ghosts 1080p vs 720p, bf4 900p (only non 1080p ps4 game) vs 720p, and ps4 has a 10fps advantage, ac4 1080p vs 900p.

So of the multi plat games theif is the only one that you could make a real argument that it actually runs better on xbox. But yes lets live in your fantasy world where there are two gpus in the one that will give devs a stronger machine to work with.

Edit 2: and for some tomb raider reading http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis

Xbox drops to 18fps at the lowest point, ps4 to 32. But xvox has no judder.. who is the fanboy again?

As for thief having no judder the lowest fps on xbox is 20, and ps4 is 25... again not sure where you were going with the judder argument..
    Last edited by lilgodfather1; 03-25-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Banned

console war incoming..

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Uhm a handful of game developers who work for both Sony & Microsoft have already said PS4 is a more powerful system, by a clear margin.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

The develop said WD will take about 40 hours to beat and upward to 100 hours to complete everything.

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Excited about this game... i know a lot of people got down on it after the delay and the game not looking as pretty in the latest trailer, but it still looks great to me.

The reason for the delay was explained very well in this article:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5477...w-release-date

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    The ps4 version of tomb raider is native 1080p, xbox is 1080p with 900p cutscenes, and the frame rate is twice as high. Not sure where you were going with thag perfect example of the ps4s superiority... thief another game that is native 1080p on ps4, but only 900p on xbone. The ps4 lacks af though which is weird.

Edit: call of duty ghosts 1080p vs 720p, bf4 900p (only non 1080p ps4 game) vs 720p, and ps4 has a 10fps advantage, ac4 1080p vs 900p.

So of the multi plat games theif is the only one that you could make a real argument that it actually runs better on xbox. But yes lets live in your fantasy world where there are two gpus in the one that will give devs a stronger machine to work with.

Edit 2: and for some tomb raider reading http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis

Xbox drops to 18fps at the lowest point, ps4 to 32. But xvox has no judder.. who is the fanboy again?

As for thief having no judder the lowest fps on xbox is 20, and ps4 is 25... again not sure where you were going with the judder argument..
    Did you not read what I wrote or are you ignoring the points not in your favour? The xbox framerates don't vary much in the actual gameplay, the ps4 framerate is unlocked and struggles. You can find numerous people talking about playing the multiplats on xbox even at lower resolutions so that you don't get the jutter and frame variations.

I'm hardly a fanboy when I owned an xbox 360, ps3, wii and a ds last gen, this gen I have an xbox one because more games were out at launch that I wanted, a 3ds and I'll be picked up a ps4 once they start putting out their big franchises. Just annoying when people spout obvious fanboyisms and misinformation. The ps4 is running things at better quality but don't ignore the fact that it is struggling to do this in some cases and act like it's a massive gap.

Did you not read what I wrote or are you ignoring the points not in your favour? The xbox framerates don't vary much in the actual gameplay, the ps4 framerate is unlocked and struggles. You can find numerous people talking about playing the multiplats on xbox even at lower resolutions so that you don't get the jutter and frame variations.

I'm hardly a fanboy when I owned an xbox 360, ps3, wii and a ds last gen, this gen I have an xbox one because more games were out at launch that I wanted, a 3ds and I'll be picked up a ps4 once they start putting out their big franchises. Just annoying when people spout obvious fanboyisms and misinformation. The ps4 is running things at better quality but don't ignore the fact that it is struggling to do this in some cases and act like it's a massive gap.
    I'm not ignoring anything. The two examples you posted aren't great examples of non judder on xbox. Tr drops nearly half its frame rate at times, just like ps4, and thief is not an unlocked framerate on ps4 is is 30fps just like xbox, but it has a 5fps advantage in the hairiest spots. Ps4 tr runs over 50fps average, xbox under 30.

The massive gap isn't necessarily those 2 games. Ghosts is the biggest gap, 2.25x the resolution, and the ps4 version was running over 60fps, which caused judder.

The ps4 is weak too, just not as weak as xbox. It's factually 50% stronger, and has a better ram solution, and has two times the rops. Those are facts.

Nerd fight

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Nerd fight
    lol

I have to go with Godfather here. A fan a Sony he is, clearly. But it doesn't change the fact that he's right. The PS4 is a superior machine for gaming so far and probably the future, while the XONE is the superior console for all around home entertainment and socializing. Watch Dogs will look better on the PS4, that is for damn sure. But regardless, both consoles will present the game beautifully. It won't be very obvious unless you really care about getting the highest possible resolution and frame rate, which does not effect the gaming experience what so ever.

No need for a console war. I feel like the proof will be in the pudding, so to say. Let's allow this to play out before the war begins, if you're into that sort of thing, I know I'm not.