Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Should Heat keep Mike Miller? Will he ever be pretty good again?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Dumblebert sucks, Miller is good when healthy. If he is healthy he will stay. Unless they need to buy him out to sign a centre with low post skills. Who doesnt exist at Miami price.
    So I imagine team will be the same with Cole taking Bibby's minutes.
    66 games isnt much time to fiddle with team too much.
    Dalembert is overrated I agree. People acting like he's the answer to the Heat's problems, but I've heard nothing but complaints about him from the fans of whatever team he goes to. Plus he's probably going to hit a sharp decline. The Heat should focus on young athletic big men with room to improve.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Dalembert is overrated I agree. People acting like he's the answer to the Heat's problems, but I've heard nothing but complaints about him from the fans of whatever team he goes to. Plus he's probably going to hit a sharp decline. The Heat should focus on young athletic big men with room to improve.
    6'ers for example ..
    he isn't the answer to Heats long term 5 issues .. he will be a 20-25 minute guy to help Anthony and Udonis until their rook can play 20+ minutes a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    They are projected to bring in Dalem'bert. (he would I suspect start over Anthony)
    Anthony is superior to Dumbles. Anthony plays great D, hustles like rodman and plays within his own ability. Anthony would start.

NBA rookie of the year

Anthony is superior to Dumbles. Anthony plays great D, hustles like rodman and plays within his own ability. Anthony would start.
    You sound ridiculous.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    The Heat management should keep Miller. He was injured throughout the season. It's sad that we never saw how we would fit in the offense. He can score, defend, and rebound. They would have a hard time finding someone who can replace Miller.
    If I was Pat Riley, I would get rid of Miller after his contract is up, and sign free agent Chuck Hayes if he chooses to leave Houston to improve Miami's post defense.

Chuck Hayes >> Mike Miller.

It's not like they're getting Dalembert to increase TV numbers in the plethora of Haitian households in Miami/Dade.....maybe they just really think he's the best option. They can't afford Chandler or other better centers, can they ?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    You sound ridiculous.
    To the average dumbass maybe. I know good winning bball and just crap bball that looks ok on bad teams.

Anthony is always near the top of Miami's player rating system, that is an extremely detailed system.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You're stupidity amazes me more every day. Mike Miller IS a spot-up shooter, he wasn't "turned into one". Mo Williams was shit before LBJ, and is shit w/o him. There's one player.
    What about you'rs?

And how dare you say no one is equal to him, when he choked the way he did in the finals? When you buy a car, do you only care about how flashy and fast it is, or do you also care whether or not it can take you to your final destination?

He played great for them last season, but it went unnoticed. I hope Miami signs Dalembert, and he takes minutes away from Anthony, because that's gonna make them worse.

When all else fails, point out typos in the other person's sentences. That'll learn 'em. "How dare I?" Are you insulted? Calm down.
    I'm not insulted, but your English teacher is.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

No one in the NBA is equal to LeBron.

Thats true.

Everyone gives a full effort for the entire game in the most important games of the season, the NBA finals.

LOL @ Pegasus accusing LeBron of holding back players that were 2nd options on non-playoff teams and who went on to record a historic losing streak without him.

Dalembert does everything better in pretty much every area apart from man to man but even thats close. Dalembert can have 15 and 15 type games. Anthony can not get close to that....but as a C duo they will be a good combo.
    Last edited by All Net; 11-29-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Mike is as good as he's been. He just can't stay healthy. He gets banged up every 3rd practice.

I think you have a point there. He seems to be the kind of player who hustles hard all the time and therefore gets banged up very often. But I kinda like him for that.. Miami needs players like that.

Miami needs to get a decent center and then they should be fine with or without Miller.

And about Lebron making other players worse: I don't remember how many times he dished Anthony, Ilgauskas or Dampier beautiful assists but they weren't able to make easy baskets!! So I'd say any center that can actually catch a ball and dunk it will be very happy to have Lebron in his team.

Dampier can catch and dunk so long as you give him the pass above his waist.

Anything lower and he will fumble it away.