Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Truth in its purest state. Only people in denial about LeBron's greatness would take Bird and Kareem over LeBron. People talk about LeBron's help in Miami, lmao. What about the trash he was single-handedly dragging to 66 win seasons in Cleveland? Kareem basically rode Magic's coattails to 3 of his titles. And as far as Bird... please. It's an insult to compare him to LeBron. It's like comparing Kobe (Bird) to Jordan (LeBron) - one player is clearly far better. LeBron and Jordan are the top 2 players of all-time. Simply revolutionized and dominated this game to an extent that no one else ever has.
    Shaq and Wilt say hi...

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Lew Alcindor out of UCLA is my first round draft pick over anybody I ever saw get drafted (thus excluding Wilt Chamberlain).

I got the captain, Kareem.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Truth in its purest state. Only people in denial about LeBron's greatness would take Bird and Kareem over LeBron. People talk about LeBron's help in Miami, lmao. What about the trash he was single-handedly dragging to 66 win seasons in Cleveland? Kareem basically rode Magic's coattails to 3 of his titles. And as far as Bird... please. It's an insult to compare him to LeBron. It's like comparing Kobe (Bird) to Jordan (LeBron) - one player is clearly far better. LeBron and Jordan are the top 2 players of all-time. Simply revolutionized and dominated this game to an extent that no one else ever has.
    This new generation is shit.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

If you know how their careers turn out how can anybody choose Bird or Lebron over Jordan?

Jordan
    Kareem
    Bird

Lebron

Jordan dominated the League from 88-98, 12 combined regular season & finals MVPS. Dude was literally untouchable and after 91 never lost a playoff series (unless you wanna count his "comeback" loss to the magic..but we saw what happened after he had an entire off season to get back into bball shape)

There's no other player id rather build around than Mj, look at how many different rosters the dude won championshps with.

Also, everybody on that list besides MJ had a FMVP playing alongside them for atleast one of their championships.

Bird, Kareem & Lebron all won championships playing alongside OTHER FMVPS

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    If you know how their careers turn out how can anybody choose [X] or [Y] over [Z]?
    Bias

If you know how their careers turn out how can anybody choose Bird or Lebron over Jordan?

Jordan
    Kareem
    Bird

Lebron

Jordan dominated the League from 88-98, 12 combined regular season & finals MVPS. Dude was literally untouchable and after 91 never lost a playoff series (unless you wanna count his "comeback" loss to the magic..but we saw what happened after he had an entire off season to get back into bball shape)

There's no other player id rather build around than Mj, look at how many different rosters the dude won championshps with.

Also, everybody on that list besides MJ had a FMVP playing alongside them for atleast one of their championships.

Knowing how their careers turned out........??? I can't take Jordan over Jabbar, and I can't take either one of them over Chamberlain.

Those 3 guys stand alone in basketball that I have seen as it happened. Jordan was not better than they were.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

This is the mindset of the typical LeBron stan on this forum, and that is why this forum has been so chitty lately.

NBA lottery pick

Jordan

/thread

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Bird or Kareem.

Both completely change the franchise that they were in their rookie year. Kareem took a 27 win team to a 56 win team. Bird took a 29 win team to a 61 win team. Bird had more success in a short time frame, but Kareem had more longevity.

You won't go wrong with either of those players, but it depends on the teammates surrounding them. I just think Bird and Kareem would offer the most success in their rookie year and continuing to do so through out their careers.
    For those who has no idea about history of the game

Bird debuted for the Celtics during the 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Jordan

/thread
    Jabbar

/thread

Give me either

Magic - A point guard who can be the floor general that magic was is an invaluable asset to start any team with. You can plug in different guys for him to run with, but that first piece would be the foundation of whatever the team would do

or

Kareem - A center of Kareem's caliber is a gimmie.. If I have the first pick in the draft and Kareem is on the board? book it! I need that guy to be my bread and butter, my anchor for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    haha, was Isaiah Thomas coaching the east that yr? must have been pretty awkward with MJ on the squad.
    Nope. I think Isaiah Thomas was in elementary school at the time.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Jordan
    Kareem
    Bird

Lebron

Playing alongside FMVP is one of the silliest arguments.

I dont think you realize how loaded especially 96-98 bulls teams are

They have the greatest wing defender this game has ever seen.

They have the best rebounder this game has ever seen.

They had greatest coach

They had one of the best 3pt specalists in the game.

They had kukoc coming of the bench for them for crying out loud.

You really dont understand how loaded this team really was or you just ignore it

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One

This is the mindset of the typical LeBron stan on this forum, and that is why this forum has been so chitty lately.

Get out of here with that shiet. I'm so sick and tired of people overrating past players compared to LeBron. Bird and Magic and Kareem and Wilt were all inferior players to LeBron.

Wake up and open your eyes. Besides Jordan, LeBron is currently playing like the greatest player in NBA history. He's setting all kinds of efficiency records, leading his team to the second longest winning streak ever, putting up 30+ PER seasons in his sleep, dropping 45/15/5 at Boston in an elimination win or go home game, wreaking havoc defensively unlike any other forward ever has... and motherf*ckers want to say that Bird and Kareem were better players.