Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #46
highwhey
tf

Default Re: Cop gets $2,500 for PTSD monthly for the rest of his life.For killing unarmed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
What's your opinion on post #32 in this thread?
as i said previously, he would die before admitting white racists exist.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #47
Prometheus
for your health

Default Re: Cop gets $2,500 for PTSD monthly for the rest of his life.For killing unarmed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Post #32 is a solid post. Strong sentence structure and working link. Highly approve.

DAMMIT.

You trolled me. Hard.

Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #48
Mask the Embiid
Cancer

Quote:
What's the point of using both of your accounts in the same thread when neither one is banned?
You have been following me around from thread to thread like a lost puppy.Every subject i post on you quote me.Down boy down.

matter fact, go fetch, i just posted somewhere on the forum.Go get it boy

Mask the Embiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:21 PM   #49
Prometheus
for your health

Yeah I tend to respond to you because you spread toxic, divisive, racist ideas. I hate your perspectives and I think you're a miserable scumbag. I'm not gonna stop just because you bitch about it.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 AM   #50
Shogon
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Remember the guy I told you about who left the force because he was being frozen out for getting an officer he was training in trouble?

He’d tell you cops who can’t follow the rules need to be fired because they are the ones who make the public hate the ones who can.

He absolutely was the good cop who turned in bad cops and all it did was ruin his career.

Somehow overlooked this... you might be right... my friend that is a cop shares the same sentiment.

I told him about my poor interaction with a cop from a local agency trying to intimidate me even though I'm the one that called his ass... and my friend started exploding about how those guys should be fired because they give all cops a bad name. Heh.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #51
LostCause
Decent college freshman

Wow
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #52
LostCause
Decent college freshman

Quote:
You are honestly pathetic.

But humor me. Find a comparable case. Show me another video where the victim is as helpless and non-resisting as this one. See if it is actually a race thing.

I’d say the Tamir Rice case is worse. A legit kid wasn’t even given an opportunity to comply or do anything

Philando Castile was similar. Was trying to comply but the cop was way too tense.

There was also a video posted not long ago of a cop “baiting” some guy in the car. I can’t find it but I recall the cop yelling for him to turn the car off but as soon as the guy reached to do it the cop screamed he had a gun and aimed down on him. Thankfully the guy immediately brought his hands back out of the car (Tge cop continued giving clearly conflicting commands trying to bait him again)

One of the most disturbing to me though was the kid who fell asleep at a Taco Bell and was shot like 20x as he woke up, The way the police approached and handled that situation is almost entirely to blame for their reaction. It was just bad
LostCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #53
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
I don't know how many times it has to be said... but I'm going to say it again...

You don't get to say "I didn't do anything" and expect a cop's response to be "Oh? You didn't? Well, that's my fault. I apologize sir. I'll just be on my way now. Ha ha! I need to check my racism because you're not white!"

If that's what you want, we might as well not even have a police force. You know how many people admit to doing things in the heat of the moment? LMFAO. The extreme vast majority lie their asses off.

And with a guy that big, you've got to expect they're going to try to do whatever they can to subdue him without just straight up shooting his ass. It is what it is. You're clearly someone that has not been in a physical confrontation with literally anyone in your entire life, much less someone that much physically bigger than yourself.

It is possible that the cops used methods that were against policy, but that doesn't make them murderers, and it's pretty clear they didn't set out for the guy to die. He died because he was extremely non cooperative and because he was massively overweight and out of shape.

You can argue that because they broke policy even for a second some punishment should have been handed down, but fired? No way. Not even for a second.

Those cops tried talking to him extensively before force was utilized.

Breaking a policy that results in a persons death is worthy of being fired i think...especially if the policy was implemented to prevent deaths in the 1st place.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:48 AM   #54
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
Breaking a policy that results in a persons death is worthy of being fired i think...especially if the policy was implemented to prevent deaths in the 1st place.

Indeed... I imagine that we should be able to distinguish between breaking a policy that leads to a faulty arrest and one that leads to a dead individual... especially when the individual is not a real threat to anyone. Eric Garner wasn't a threat to anyone. He had interacted with police on multiple occasions and those interactions were more or less muted and uneventful.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: