Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

What are your team and player observations so far?

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

And who has been disappointing?

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

Derrick Rose has been much better than even I thought he would. It's so nice to have a potential superstar player on the Bulls again. He's keeping the Bulls competetive all by himself pretty much which is crazy. I'll still have to wait and see about Vinny Del Negro since I don't want him fired without seeing what he can do with a team that has more talent than just one player. Paxson needs to do all the work right now and get Rose and Del Negro some real help.

Who on the team is playing better than expected? (And what's better about them?)

Derrick Rose definitely. But Ben Gordon has also surprised me. He's playing reall well with Rose and I hope he keeps it up because he's the best scorer the Bulls have on the team.

Luol Deng for sure. Paxon gives him a huge contract that should only be given to players who actually go out there and produce every night. Deng has been really disappointing this season and definitely not the team leader he should be.

And, how about the team as a whole, what are the key needs now that we're a month and a half into the season?

I've never seen a group of big guys worse than the Bulls on one team. Noah, Gooden, Tyrus Thomas and Aaron Gray are horrible together. The Bulls truly need that one big who can give them 20/10 or close to that.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

I was on the Derrick Rose is overrated wagon and shouldnt have been #1 pick, and Ive defiantly hopped off that one. He has impressed me this year sooo much and is just playing well. Gordon is also playing very well this year.

Rose, he just entered into the NBA and played like an all star, this guy can run fast and run the floor. Gordon is also waay overacheiving what I was thinking for him.

Noah and Thomas again. I guess these guys will be ranked as complete busts if they dont step up soon.

Keep on what they are doing so they get a legit #2 option for Chicagos new savior.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

IMO, I'd rather see them get a legit #4 or 5 option first. The Bulls can stick with Rose, Gordon, Hughes, Hinrich for now but they absolutely need a PF or C who can score and rebound.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #5
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
IMO, I'd rather see them get a legit #4 or 5 option first. The Bulls can stick with Rose, Gordon, Hughes, Hinrich for now but they absolutely need a PF or C who can score and rebound.

By #2 option I mean like a backup player for rose, not SG.

SG, SF, PF, C, I dont care. Rose needs help
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Oh well yeah then I agree but I still think it should be at the PF or C positions.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: What are your team and player observations so far? Who on the team is playing better

The Bulls haven't looked great save for one or two games. They either start out great and let the other team back in, or they start awful and recover at the end to make it close. Either way, these games are too close at the end. The Bulls need to start getting some easy wins so they can rest some guys at the end and get some confidence before they start going up against teams better than Memphis, Charlotte, etc.

Rose and Gordon have already been covered, but Gooden has been great too. I thought he would average around 15/10 this year, and so far that has been accurate, and he has definitely been the best and most consistent big man on the team.

Hughes has also been playing much better than I expected. Before the season, I didn't want him playing much since we had better options, but with Thabo non-existent and Hinrich hurt, he has really stepped up. I can't think of many times where he has hurt us, which is something I couldn't say last year.

Deng has been covered, and I agree, but Noah and Thabo have also been disappointing. Noah has shown no real energy or enthusiasm apart from the huddle after the announcement of the starting lineup, and has been plain awful. Thabo has done nothing and continues to sit on the bench waiting for another turn. I thought he was ready to take the next step after what he did last year, but I guess I was wrong.

Can anybody look at this team and say that we don't need another big man? TT has put together two good games in a row, but he and Gooden are both power forwards, and we cannot start them both against any team with decent bigs. We need someone that is a threat to block any shot that goes up in the lane. TT might develop into that, but someone that can do what Okafor did to Rose last night is a necessity.

Apart from that, we need someone that can be an authority figure on offense. If Lebron has a step on someone with an open lane, he gets a free dunk because nobody wants to get in his way. Can you say that about anyone on the Bulls? We hardly have anyone that can dunk the ball, let alone do it with authority. Rose is great, but that is the one thing he will never be able to provide.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: