Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Balkman or Chandler

And a little more only by request......

Last edited by knickscity : 01-25-2011 at 12:04 AM.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
From what I saw from Chandler he can only shoot from static positions and has sloppy handle. Worst of all his "motor" is questionable to me right now. There were long stretches of games where Chandler was a total non-factor.
Wilson Chandler should be a lesson to lazy players everywhere.

Chandler's skill improvements from rookie year up to this point have been pretty average. What has improved a lot is his "motor". The stretches of him coasting are becoming less frequent and now he is an impact player.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #18
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chandler.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Chandler.
I didn't think Balkman would turn into a bench warmer though, when he was with us.

He played well with us with limited minutes.

But then again, thinking about that is the difference.

He was a role player on a losing team.

What could I have expected of him being traded to a perennial playoff team?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well I'm glad this proved I wasn't on Balkman's side in the debate lmao

DaKOKing....embarassing lmao Almost as bad as me wanting to draft Joe Alexander so bad.

Funny that this was even a debate but I think the thing that stuck out to me was the sad fact that we actually considered running Balkman @ the point.

Last edited by franchize : 01-25-2011 at 10:14 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #21
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Thinking about it now, that was funny.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #22
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
DaKOKing....embarassing lmao Almost as bad as me wanting to draft Joe Alexander so bad.
Not embarassing at all. Chandler did not give a consistent effort in college, in Summer League, or his rookie year. In the vast majority of cases players that "float" through games never improve their energy/effort level.

When your team is underachieving my personal belief is that you go with proven performance (ie consistent effort). Potential excites people but in reality most players don't reach their full potential when it comes to the NBA.

Hell, Joe Alexander is an example of the lack of skill development in the NBA. The guy went to the Bucks with a certain baseline of skills. Scott Skiles and his coaching staff did not help him improve a single thing. Alexander left the NBA as the exact same guy he came into it as.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was kidding.I have no problem looking back and laughin at myself for going out on a limb.The guys didnt pan out.Doesnt mean they suck.Just means they didnt flourish and I agree about Joe Alexander.Skiles never tried to develop him so he fell by the side of the road like tons of players do.Part of the reason is because coaches get fired so quickly nowadays.You very rarely see a coach get to lose yet develop a young team for years to come.Everything is what have you done for me lately and young players suffer as a result.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #24
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I was kidding.I have no problem looking back and laughin at myself for going out on a limb.The guys didnt pan out.Doesnt mean they suck.Just means they didnt flourish and I agree about Joe Alexander.Skiles never tried to develop him so he fell by the side of the road like tons of players do.Part of the reason is because coaches get fired so quickly nowadays.You very rarely see a coach get to lose yet develop a young team for years to come.Everything is what have you done for me lately and young players suffer as a result.

The exception, Mike D'Antoni. The only problem was...we didnt have many young players. Go figure.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #25
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

chanlder ez
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: