Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #46
Reef
Great college starter

Default Re: Let's list the improvable aspects of defense that Raptors cannot do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doko
People out there are still calling Lopez a beast, so that's pretty interesting... And you forgot Rashard Lewis, Boris Diaw and Jeff Green. Also, West, Brand and Aldridge are right there with him.

Btw, how exactly did this become a Bargnani thread? I just said that Amir's defense didn't impress me at all, and people started to bring up Bargs... Newsflash: the fact that Bargnani's defense (at least help defense) was atrocious this season doesn't mean that Amir's is good -.-

Lopez has been a beast in his career up to this season. He's not a beast this season. Lewis is not a real PF. He's played SF most of his career. Diaw also is a SF/PF who's playing PF because he got so fat. Jeff Green is also a SF playing out of place as a PF because of Durant.

Aldridge is playing like a stud this year. That's who we should've drafted instead of Bargs. He's averaging pretty much the same ppg plus 3 more rebounds per game.

Everyone else you mentioned have higher DRB% than Bargs as well.

Why do you ignore the stats I showed you about Amir? That's he's one of the better defenders on this team. Amir's going up against 2 guys in the post on defense usually because Bargs is content to just watch and not help. If he helped, Amir's numbers would probably be even better.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #47
brwnman

Default Re: Let's list the improvable aspects of defense that Raptors cannot do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
Aldridge is playing like a stud this year. That's who we should've drafted instead of Bargs. He's averaging pretty much the same ppg plus 3 more rebounds per game.

I didn't want Aldridge; I still don't want him. I'm unsure HOW much of an improvement he'll be over Bargnani to be honestly. Gay or Roy would've been better picks. Seeing as how the Raptors viewed Roy as the best player available, but his knees and the fact that they thought his ceiling was limited; i could understand not picking him. That would leave us with Gay, which I would have been cool with. Overall, it was a bad year to have a #1 pick, but we f*cked up regardless. That's not a problem; the fact that Colangelo is sticking with him no matter what is the problem. You either change the team's makeup, or you get rid of Bargnani. Colangelo hasn't done either...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #48
Reef
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
I didn't want Aldridge; I still don't want him. I'm unsure HOW much of an improvement he'll be over Bargnani to be honestly. Gay or Roy would've been better picks. Seeing as how the Raptors viewed Roy as the best player available, but his knees and the fact that they thought his ceiling was limited; i could understand not picking him. That would leave us with Gay, which I would have been cool with. Overall, it was a bad year to have a #1 pick, but we f*cked up regardless. That's not a problem; the fact that Colangelo is sticking with him no matter what is the problem. You either change the team's makeup, or you get rid of Bargnani. Colangelo hasn't done either...

I would've agreed with you up until Roy got injured. In January, Aldridge as the man is averaging 25 and 10.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #49
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
I would've agreed with you up until Roy got injured. In January, Aldridge as the man is averaging 25 and 10.

I know his stats. I know his game. I just don't think he's a guy I want with the ball, iso-ing him up with this team. Plus, you have to remember, Bosh was on the team at the time. Drafting him would mean you have your best two players playing the exact same position. Gay + Bosh or Roy + Bosh looks better than Aldridge + Bosh...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #50
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I would've wanted Aldridge too but the right move would've been to trade Bargnani or Aldridge after they were drafted. Aldridge is the better player and would've had more trade value. When you have Bosh and you are trying to win, you don't try to develop a project PF alongside that. Colangelo wanted to straddle both sides. Try to win and try to develop your pet project. He needed to make a choice and he didn't. And if Colangelo did the same with Aldridge, at least we'd have a better player now. I still wouldn't be happy with the overall scenario though. He failed miserably. But that's another topic.

I still can't see how you can say any player on the Raptors has a bigger defensive impact than Amir. To even suggest Kleiza and Bargnani as being arguable is silly IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: