Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 11-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default Getting Mike Bibby

Bibby is a guy that can really help this team in terms of experience and leadership as well as an outside threat. James has little offensive weapons around him and thats where Bibby can really help. Hughes is just too unreliable with all his injuries and his $12M a year contract. The Cavs need to just find a way to buy him out. As for Varejao, he can stay out of the league with his ridiculous contract demands. Thats what happens when you have a weasel like Dan Fegan as your agent. How can a guy average 22 minutes, 6 points, and 6 rebounds ask for anything more than what the Cavs are offering. $6M a year is a generous enough offer and noone in their right mind is going to offer him $9-10M a year. But anyways, back to the point....Mike Bibby. It may cost the Cavs some young players and a key PF which makes this difficult. I'm not sure if they're willing to give up Drew Gooden, but with their payroll, he'd almost need to be included in order for salaries to match. Can they put that pressure on Cedric Simmons and possibly go out and sign another PF for cheap?

The Cavs would send Gooden, Snow, and Gibson to Sacramento for Bibby. If they can then somehow sign a free agent such as PJ Brown, Chris Webber, or Cliff Robinson..then they'll be in business. I like Webber myself as he would be the best fit and the most realistic.

If they can put a line up of:

PG Bibby - Jones
SG Hughes - Pavlovic - Brown
SF James - Newble
PF Webber - Simmons - Marshall
C Ilgauskas -
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Getting Mike Bibby

I propose we get some more fanboys in here to start more threads about Mike Bibby. I feel we just don't have enough of them.

Mathius

Last edited by mlh1981 : 11-20-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Getting Mike Bibby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I propose we get some more fanboys in here to start more threads about Mike Bibby. I feel we just don't have enough of them.

Mathius

Eh, I'll cut him some slack. He only has 43 posts, so he hasn't been around long enough to know that this discussion has been going on for quite some time (unless he's been lurking and is only making this topic BECAUSE he's a fanboy)

(by the way......I didn't REALLY edit anything from your most. Not sure why it's saying I did )

Last edited by mlh1981 : 11-20-2007 at 06:30 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: